Eat the Rich

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Eat the Rich

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:21 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:17 pm
It would be a nice and kind thing for them to spend more of their money to make others' lives better, but I'd be happy if they just had to pay the same proportionate amount in taxes - real dollars, not smoke and mirrors - as the rest of us.
:thumbup: As a side benefit of this there would be fewer billionaires to rank their stinginess.
Damn skippy. Income tax should be levied just like sales tax; a percentage of your total income no matter the source and no deductions.
That could be counter-productive for those who are just hanging onto the edge: very low income, retired on SS, disabled, etc. I agree however that the Uber wealthy should not get ANY tax breaks. But they do, because in this great nation of ours money≡power, and power is what decides the laws.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

A 6 month old page 1 post that you ignored earlier??? :wtf:
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:11 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:17 pm
It would be a nice and kind thing for them to spend more of their money to make others' lives better, but I'd be happy if they just had to pay the same proportionate amount in taxes - real dollars, not smoke and mirrors - as the rest of us.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/news ... 6jp824.amp

26 billionaires who pay almost nothing. Bezos paid only 1.1% of his income toward taxes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Dumbasses, all they had to do is send the jobs overseas

And freely use child labor in dangerous conditions because they’re so disposable.

Assholes each and every single one - including our billionaire class that has made the poor so desperate that they need their children to help pay the bills.

Seriously, if people can be electrocuted by the State for taking a life, shouldn't the people be allowed to bring out the guillotine in situations like this?

Labor Department Finds 31 Children Cleaning Meatpacking Plants https://nyti.ms/3NZwwQo

"The Labor Department found that Packers employed at least 31 children, ranging in age from 13 to 17, who cleaned dangerous equipment with corrosive cleaners during overnight shifts at three slaughtering and meatpacking facilities: a Turkey Valley Farms plant in Marshall, Minn., and JBS USA plants in Grand Island, Neb., and Worthington, Minn.

Their jobs included cleaning kill floors, meat- and bone-cutting saws, grinding machines and electric knives, according to court documents. The mix of boys and girls were not fluent English speakers and were interviewed mostly in Spanish, investigators said.

The Labor Department found that several minors employed by the company, including one 13-year-old, suffered caustic chemical burns and other injuries. One 14-year-old, who worked from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. five to six days a week, suffered injuries from chemical burns from cleaning machines used to cut meat. School records showed that the student fell asleep in class or missed class because of the job at the plant.

According to court documents, the Labor Department believes Packers may employ minor children under similar conditions at other plants."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

These people need to be out of business, in jail, with huge fines and retributions to the families they exploited.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Instead, at most they might pay a fine and pass it on to consumers as a cost of doing business. No one will go to jail, no individuals will be held responsible.

It appears that the parent company may be Jewish owned, so you could go to jail for saying that you will boycott them.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sentence them to years of cleaning prison kitchens.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:47 pm
Instead, at most they might pay a fine and pass it on to consumers as a cost of doing business. No one will go to jail, no individuals will be held responsible.

It appears that the parent company may be Jewish owned, so you could go to jail for saying that you will boycott them.
Citation for "Jewish owned"? I came up empty for both Turkey Valley Farms and JBS USA, but I didn't invest much time in it. As for the direct culprit, Packer’s Sanitation Services:
https://www.pssi.com/about/
PSSI is founded in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa by Tom Turner and John Wright, who had a vision of providing contract sanitation services using a non-unionized workforce. His first plant, Illini Beef in Joslin, IL (now part of Tyson Foods), is still one of our customers today.
Don't sound like Jewish names. Then, nothing screams Jewish to me about their Senior Leadership, though it's all White, almost all male and almost all Anglo.

Anti-BDS laws and resolutions apply exclusively to boycotts of Israel, not boycotts of anything Jewish, and I'm unaware of any in the US that have criminal penalties.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:41 pm
Sentence them to years of cleaning prison kitchens.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Citation for "Jewish owned"? I came up empty for both Turkey Valley Farms and JBS USA, but I didn't invest much time in it. As for the direct culprit, Packer’s Sanitation Services:
https://www.pssi.com/about/
PSSI is founded in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa by Tom Turner and John Wright, who had a vision of providing contract sanitation services using a non-unionized workforce. His first plant, Illini Beef in Joslin, IL (now part of Tyson Foods), is still one of our customers today.
Don't sound like Jewish names. Then, nothing screams Jewish to me about their Senior Leadership, though it's all White, almost all male and almost all Anglo.

Anti-BDS laws and resolutions apply exclusively to boycotts of Israel, not boycotts of anything Jewish, and I'm unaware of any in the US that have criminal penalties.
The owner I found (I'll look again later) had a Jewish name and background.

But my point, if the owners were Jewish, wouldn't it be illegal to boycott them for their abuse of children and our labor laws.

O Really
Admiral

Problem is, the brunt of the pain will be on the smallish contract cleaning company, and the big meat processors will likely mostly skate. There is such a thing as "joint employment" where the corporation has sufficient control over the contractor that it becomes liable. And I have no doubt the big guys knew or should have known the contractor was a sleaze bag - Heck, they contracted with them as part of a union avoidance ploy.

But the DOL can and probably will rain Hell on the contractor, though. In addition to fines, they can double up penalties for willful violations, bring suit, plus get OSHA on them for the injured kid, and get an ICE audit. Contractor will probably be put out of business for about a week until it comes back with a new name and EIN.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:38 pm

But my point, if the owners were Jewish, wouldn't it be illegal to boycott them for their abuse of children and our labor laws.
No.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
The owner of which of the three companies?
Vrede too wrote:
... Anti-BDS laws and resolutions apply exclusively to boycotts of Israel, not boycotts of anything Jewish, and I'm unaware of any in the US that have criminal penalties.
It's illegal to organize a boycott of a company BECAUSE it's Jewish, or Muslim or Buddhist or Xtian, but there are no special protections for the members of any religion if the boycott is for reasons, like child abuse, other than their religion.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I must have missed something. It's illegal for who to organize a boycott? A private citizen boycotting a private corporation? A business or group of businesses? A union, as part of a collective action boycotting a third party? Well that's something else.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:30 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
The owner of which of the three companies?
Vrede too wrote:
... Anti-BDS laws and resolutions apply exclusively to boycotts of Israel, not boycotts of anything Jewish, and I'm unaware of any in the US that have criminal penalties.
It's illegal to organize a boycott of a company BECAUSE it's Jewish, or Muslim or Buddhist or Xtian, but there are no special protections for the members of any religion if the boycott is for reasons, like child abuse, other than their religion.
Hard for me to see Israel without seeing the abuse they rain down on their neighbors and citizens with their apartheid bs.

" said CFO Jimmy Patronis. “Thanks to Governor DeSantis for upholding Florida law and sending a strong message to companies everywhere that if you’ve got a problem with Israel, the State of Florida has a problem with you. The second Ben & Jerry’s decided to discriminate against Israel, it affected Florida’s ability to make investments with its parent company. We’ll continue working with the SBA to ensure Florida law is upheld for those who target our friends in Israel.”

Following the receipt of Governor DeSantis’ letter calling for an investigation of Ben & Jerry’s intention to stop selling its products in the heart of Israel," (on stolen lands)

https://www.flgov.com/2021/08/03/florid ... tt-israel/

Or

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday ordered state officials to boycott Airbnb when conducting state business and said he would make the vacation rental giant “feel the heat” unless it walks back its decision banning rentals in Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
“We have a moral obligation to oppose the Airbnb policy; it does target Jews specifically,” said DeSantis, a pro-Israel Republican. “Airbnb claims it’s a company of inclusion and yet this policy only affects Jews who have homes on the West Bank. It doesn’t appear to apply to anyone else on the face of the earth.”

In November, Airbnb announced that it would remove 200 listings in Israeli settlements. The announcement came a day before a report by Human Rights Watch was due to be released slamming Airbnb for supporting settlements."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:04 pm
I must have missed something. It's illegal for who to organize a boycott? A private citizen boycotting a private corporation? A business or group of businesses? A union, as part of a collective action boycotting a third party? Well that's something else.
Only boycotts of Israel, and it's often applied to employees or contractors of govt entities.
The legality of this Anti-BDS :bs: has yet to be fully sorted out by the courts:
Legal analysis
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:08 pm
Hard for me to see Israel without seeing the abuse they rain down on their neighbors and citizens with their apartheid bs.

" said CFO Jimmy Patronis. “Thanks to Governor DeSantis for upholding Florida law and sending a strong message to companies everywhere that if you’ve got a problem with Israel, the State of Florida has a problem with you....”

https://www.flgov.com/2021/08/03/florid ... tt-israel/

Fie on Israel and Fascist DerSantis, but:
"bipartisan"
:obscene-birdiered: Not everything opposing Israel is antisemitic.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

But anything and everything opposing Israel is immediately labeled as antisemitic.
Their word spinners are even quicker than our Republicans.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I'm sure that I miss the favorables of their apartheid "state". The articles I read a few months back about some Day or March or whatever when some 60,000 elected to march to wherever they were going by going directly through the Arab areas rather than the more direct route through Jewish neighborhoods.
Along the way they destroyed property, broke windows and chanted Death to All Arabs.
A half dozen or so were arrested - All Arabs

These occasional stories more than reinforce my belief that anything labeled as Israeli should be approached individually and with caution.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

And then I open my news feed. The 3rd article in has this:

A parking space she sees invokes insanity.

It reads, "'I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me," according to local Fox affiliate Fox 59.

"I feel like it’s attacking me as a Jew," she said, according to the outlet.

Gentilesco, whose parents told her stories of the Holocaust, said the quote from an epistle of St. Paul brings back painful memories..

"It brings me to the verge of tears because it brings me back to the 6 million that perished," Gentilesco said. "Six million perished because of our faith — because we’re Jews."'

And it was all about us. The others they tried to exterminate don't really count, this was "because we're Jews" and we are special.

O Really
Admiral

"Gentile sco" seems a strange name for a Jewish lady. First name Shiska?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:55 pm
And then I open my news feed. The 3rd article in has this:

A parking space she sees invokes insanity.

It reads, "'I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me," according to local Fox affiliate Fox 59.

"I feel like it’s attacking me as a Jew," she said, according to the outlet.

Gentilesco, whose parents told her stories of the Holocaust, said the quote from an epistle of St. Paul brings back painful memories..

"It brings me to the verge of tears because it brings me back to the 6 million that perished," Gentilesco said. "Six million perished because of our faith — because we’re Jews."'

And it was all about us. The others they tried to exterminate don't really count, this was "because we're Jews" and we are special.
Since when do parking spaces have aphorisms? Ah, Wesley Chapel, FLORIDA. That explains it.
https://fox59.com/news/national-world/b ... ntroversy/

Gentilesco's Jewish victimology is annoying, but so is the parking space proselytizing on public school grounds. Would a Satanic or Wiccan aphorism be tolerated?
1312. ETTD.