Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by O Really »

News bit last night reported that there have been more school kids killed in mass shootings this year than police officers shot in line of duty.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:00 am
More Cops!

More Guns!

Articles about this and my perspective on the previous page, too. Good to see a Repub IL Rep calling out the cops, thanks. MSNBC, and I suspect other media, is devoting significant time to discussing the police response. One thing mentioned is that all the kids hiding in other classrooms were able to hear the screams of the children being slaughtered. Probably parents and others outside the school, too. 40 minutes. Horrifying.
It's almost as if the cops are cosplaying. The feeling of carrying assault rifles but not lifting a finger to help and letting the shooter continue his rampage for about an HOUR.

Won't be surprised if a class action is filed against the police.
Uvalde spent 40% of its total budget on police.
I’m thinking a lot of that money went into buying fancy cruisers and new uniforms - and probably into the back pockets of police leadership.
I don't understand this at all. They're "good guys with guns," right?
There was not a single good guy with a gun on the scene.
Let's bully instead of protect.
Protecting themselves and serving no one. Probably waiting for a surplus Abrams tank or something
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu May 26, 2022 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:36 am
News bit last night reported that there have been more school kids killed in mass shootings this year than police officers shot in line of duty.
Sounds like gangbangers and other criminals need to get their acts together and kill more cops in order to correct this disparity.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:13 am
https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas ... 83df6e4683
Trending News
Uvalde school shooting
Midterm elections
Russia-Ukraine war
Buffalo supermarket shooting
COVID-19
Search
Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
By JAKE BLEIBERG, JIM VERTUNO and ELLIOT SPAGAT
47 minutes ago
People walk with flowers to honor the victims in Tuesday's shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, Wednesday, May 25, 2022. Desperation turned to heart-wrenching sorrow for families of grade schoolers killed after an 18-year-old gunman barricaded himself in their Texas classroom and began shooting, killing at least 19 fourth-graders and their two teachers. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the close-knit town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”
Edit - just realized this was already posted.
It's starting to look like the bodies weren't yet cold when the cops and Gov Abbott began lying:

Police narrative on Texas school shooting in question as new details emerge

SSDD. 1312.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:43 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:13 am
https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas ... 83df6e4683
Trending News
Uvalde school shooting
Midterm elections
Russia-Ukraine war
Buffalo supermarket shooting
COVID-19
Search
Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
By JAKE BLEIBERG, JIM VERTUNO and ELLIOT SPAGAT
47 minutes ago
People walk with flowers to honor the victims in Tuesday's shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, Wednesday, May 25, 2022. Desperation turned to heart-wrenching sorrow for families of grade schoolers killed after an 18-year-old gunman barricaded himself in their Texas classroom and began shooting, killing at least 19 fourth-graders and their two teachers. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the close-knit town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”
Edit - just realized this was already posted.
It's starting to look like the bodies weren't yet cold when the cops and Gov Abbott began lying:

Police narrative on Texas school shooting in question as new details emerge

SSDD. 1312.

NPR said this afternoon that the coward cops waited an hour.
I guess they thought it easier to fight unarmed parents than do their fucking jobs.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Maker of rifle used by Texas gunman draws fury for 'incendiary' ads

Eight days before a Texas teenager killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School, the manufacturer of the rifle used in the massacre posted an ad on social media that featured a toddler holding a similar weapon.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it,” read the post from Daniel Defense on May 16, the same day the Robb Elementary shooter turned 18....

:o :roll: :obscene-birdiered: The article goes on to describe how Marty Daniel is a hard core xtian and Trumpette. Figures.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:13 pm
NPR said this afternoon that the coward cops waited an hour.
I guess they thought it easier to fight unarmed parents than do their fucking jobs.
Yep, apparently "40 minutes" was yet another LEO lie. So very many lies are coming to light, like there never was an SRO, there never was a "hero" CBP agent that took it upon himself to enter the school without backup and eliminate the shooter, and victims were found in 4 classrooms, not the single classroom that they first said.

One reporter calls this "the worst public information effort" he has ever seen. I guess that fits with the worst active shooter response imaginable.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:59 am
Maker of rifle used by Texas gunman draws fury for 'incendiary' ads

Eight days before a Texas teenager killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School, the manufacturer of the rifle used in the massacre posted an ad on social media that featured a toddler holding a similar weapon.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it,” read the post from Daniel Defense on May 16, the same day the Robb Elementary shooter turned 18....

:o :roll: :obscene-birdiered: The article goes on to describe how Marty Daniel is a hard core xtian and Trumpette. Figures.
This weird ass gun worship is part of the problem imo. We've discussed this before on this forum, but for me growing up guns never factored much into my life. My dad had shotguns and a 22 because he hunted. And we were taught as kids to never ever touch them and treat a gun as it's always loaded. And they were always locked up.

Once in a while we would shoot targets or clay pigeons and if course it was fun. I still think shooting guns is fun once in a while.

Other than that, firearms never factored much into my childhood at all. They weren't a ubiquitous obsession had by my parents. They were tools just like a hammer or a drill, and their purpose was to get meat for the table or get rid of pests.

I don't recall there being a firearm obsession back then. Granted this was up North so maybe things were different down here. But even now back home a bunch of my peers collect ARs with all the gadgets attached to them and have since developed the same weird obsession I've just discussed. So I feel like it's something that's cropped up in the last twenty years or so.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:01 am
... I don't recall there being a firearm obsession back then. Granted this was up North so maybe things were different down here. But even now back home a bunch of my peers collect ARs with all the gadgets attached to them and have since developed the same weird obsession I've just discussed. So I feel like it's something that's cropped up in the last twenty years or so.
-0-? An unholy alliance between marketing and RW politics?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am
Whack9 wrote:
... I don't recall there being a firearm obsession back then. Granted this was up North so maybe things were different down here. But even now back home a bunch of my peers collect ARs with all the gadgets attached to them and have since developed the same weird obsession I've just discussed. So I feel like it's something that's cropped up in the last twenty years or so.
It ain't a Southern thing. It's always been hunters here and in the rural North who kept guns. If you've hunted, you know that safety is a big thing and clips held 5 or 6 rounds, not 50+. Why would a hunter or even a home defender need more than 5 or 6 rounds?
These assholes are sick.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:02 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am
Whack9 wrote:
It ain't a Southern thing. It's always been hunters here and in the rural North who kept guns. If you've hunted, you know that safety is a big thing and clips held 5 or 6 rounds, not 50+. Why would a hunter or even a home defender need more than 5 or 6 rounds?
These assholes are sick.
I'm gonna have to agree with you. I know they certainly can, but I don't recall high capacity rifles used for hunting much. In fact there may even be laws against their use. I know when hunting ducks you have to pop a duck plug in your shotgun to limit the amount of ammo the gun can hold. So correct me if I'm wrong in this assessment.

I can maybe see someone using an AR for varmint control, but even then something like an AR isn't an absolute necessity and is overkill. Other firearms can accomplish the same thing.

An AR with a high capacity magazine is a tool, and the purpose of said tool is to kill others.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Ruh roh.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:52 am
Ruh roh.

I hope they do ballistics.

Hey wanna be more pissed off.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-tex ... -shooting/

The Pigs did go in and rescue their own kids while beating and tasing parents who tried to do the same.

At the very least these cops need to be charged with manslaughter and the jury should be local.
Fuck these cowards.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

The thin yellow line.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:59 pm
The thin yellow line.
Ain't nothing thin about it, it's a wide yellow stripe down their back.

These cops need to be arrested.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Houston protesters in full swing.

Maybe the ammosexuals are grateful it's a gun free zone after all.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Good thread.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
The thin yellow line.
:D :(
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner....

The federal officers had driven up from the Mexican border, one official said. The official said it was not clear to the federal agents why their team was needed and why the local SWAT team did not respond.
Cable news is filled with the cops being trashed by usual cop defenders. As I posted, they repeatedly cite the post-Columbine standard of RAPID entry and assault. Columbine was 23 years ago. :angry-banghead:

The police chief is toast.
The sheriff is toast.
The local highway patrol commander may be toast.
Not sure about CBP. Could they have ignored the PD hesitancy?
If charges are possible, fine by me.
Most of the local cops should be shamed out of their jobs by the community, if not fired by local govt.

I am pro-CRT! Cop Replacement Theory.

Found:
I think just because you wear a cowboy hat does not make you a cowboy! A hero dies once! A coward dies a thousand deaths! How those cops sleep at night I'll never know!
Abbott likes to hold press conferences where he pushes his law and order mantra. When the facts come out, it will be clear that Gov Abbott will be likened to his namesake Abbott Labs. Both are detrimental to young children's lives.
Hah, I had not made that connection.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
Whack9 wrote:
The thin yellow line.
:D :(
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner....

The federal officers had driven up from the Mexican border, one official said. The official said it was not clear to the federal agents why their team was needed and why the local SWAT team did not respond.
Cable news is filled with the cops being trashed by usual cop defenders. As I posted, they repeatedly cite the post-Columbine standard of RAPID entry and assault. Columbine was 23 years ago. :angry-banghead:

The police chief is toast.
The sheriff is toast.
The local highway patrol commander may be toast.
Not sure about CBP. Could they have ignored the PD hesitancy?
If charges are possible, fine by me.
Most of the local cops should be shamed out of their jobs by the community, if not fired by local govt.

I am pro-CRT! Cop Replacement Theory.

Found:
I think just because you wear a cowboy hat does not make you a cowboy! A hero dies once! A coward dies a thousand deaths! How those cops sleep at night I'll never know!
Abbott likes to hold press conferences where he pushes his law and order mantra. When the facts come out, it will be clear that Gov Abbott will be likened to his namesake Abbott Labs. Both are detrimental to young children's lives.
Hah, I had not made that connection.
I'm serious, why haven't these cowards been arrested?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:25 pm
Houston protesters in full swing.

Maybe the ammosexuals are grateful it's a gun free zone after all.
I think that's only inside the venue. :twisted:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:31 pm
Good thread.
:thumbup:

:---P :clap: Pissed off moms. Awww, he lost his bullhorn.
1312. ETTD.