The Food Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The Food Thread

Unread post by O Really »

I prefer my coffee like I prefer my women - blonde and strong.
It's a joke, but Lady O fits and approves.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:30 pm
This Is the One Ingredient You Should Absolutely Add to Your Coffee, According to a Cardiologist

... How To Make Your Coffee Even Better for Heart

Want to make your coffee even more of a heart-healthy beverage? Both doctors recommend adding cinnamon to it. “Some studies indicate [that cinnamon] can lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and may also reduce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels,” Dr. Mehta says of why cinnamon is such a great coffee additive.

Dr. Mathis agrees, saying, “Cinnamon boosts our immune system, lowers cancer risk and adds a protective effect to our heart and brain.”

Adding cinnamon to your coffee is also a sugar-free way to sweeten it, which is particularly beneficial since both doctors say that sugar as well as sugar substitutes like Splenda can negatively impact heart health. “Sugar and artificial sweeteners are some of the unhealthiest things to add to coffee....
I like cinnamon in coffee. I often don't bother, but I'll make more of an effort now.
Not into cinnamon? Dr. Mathis says that unsweetened cacao is another healthy ingredient to add to coffee because it’s linked to supporting blood pressure and cholesterol. Cacao has several important nutrients including zinc, iron and magnesium.

As you can see, not only is drinking coffee good for your heart, you can add more flavor and extra heart-healthy benefits to it at the same time. The key is sticking with antioxidant-rich herbs (like cinnamon or cocoa) and avoiding additives with sugar or artificial ingredients. With this in mind, you can rest assured that with every delicious sip you take, you’re benefiting your body.
O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:45 pm
I prefer my coffee like I prefer my women - blonde and strong.
It's a joke, but Lady O fits and approves.
Lady O doesn't spice things up? :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Avoid foreign shrimp:
Indian company sold contaminated shrimp to U.S. grocery stores, 'whistleblower' says

... Farinella said he soon discovered that Choice Canning operated unsanitary offsite “peeling sheds” and routinely approved the export of shrimp tainted with antibiotics in violation of U.S. food safety law.

The company’s treatment of workers was equally jarring to Farinella, he said. Migrant workers rarely had a day off, slept in overcrowded, bedbug-infested dorms and were restricted from leaving the walled-off company compound in Amalapuram, according to Farinella. They were mostly women who were often recruited from the poorest sections of the country....
I don't really trust any seafood, but I put a little faith in the social/labor, health, US harvest and safety screening by the Co-op for my rare purchases. I don't trust any restaurants, but maybe there are a very few out there that I can.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:09 pm
GTFO!

Lemme know if anyone has tried this.
I made egg salad, yummm. It had been awhile. I tried both methods, 2 eggs each time to account for flukes. I used a 1 quart Mason jar for all tests.
Dry first: Worked great, just like for the woman in the video.
Wet: Worked great, also. I did not get total shell separation like the dude did, but it was very slightly better than the dry method.

I'll probably use the dry method in the future, saving me the very minimal hassle of adding and dumping water.

Less successful:

:lol:

Other funny fails, mostly non-food
Your favorite?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm

I'll probably use the dry method in the future, saving me the very minimal hassle of adding and dumping water.

Thx, good to know!

Page isn't loading.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Page isn't loading.
The tweet or the link? Both work fine for me. Try refreshing.
1312. ETTD.