The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.facebook.com/SpringHillKSPD ... 1838419788
Spring Hill Kansas Police Department

We aren't 'listening to T. Swift at work'..... We are examining a musically interpreted anthology written by Dr. Taylor Alison Swift, seeking to glean profound wisdom to impart upon our audience, who, according to statistics, are also engaging with the same collection of melodic literature.

Presented herein are our professional analyses of 'The Tortured Poets Department' pertaining to public safety:

1. Fortnight - "I wanna kill her" - Murder is illegal.
2. The Tortured Poets Department - "Throwing spikes in the road" - We can, you can't.
3. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys - "Stole my tortured heart" - Theft is illegal. Torture is creepy... but also illegal.
4. Down Bad - "wakin' up in blood" - Please seek medical attention.
5. So Long, London - "I stoppеd CPR, after all, it's no use" - Please do not stop CPR until you call 911 and EMS arrives on scene to take over.
6. But Daddy I Love Him - "I'd rather burn my whole life down" - Arson is illegal.
7. Fresh Out the Slammer - "Frеsh out the slammer / I know who my first call will be to" It's important to support your loved ones after a release from jail, empowering them to make decisions to positively impact their future.
8. Florida!!! - "And my friends all smell like weed" Weed is still illegal in Kansas.
9. Guilty as Sin? - "They're gonna crucify me anyway" Crucifixion is illegal.
10. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? - "The bullet had just grazed" - You should call 911.
11. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) - "Trust me, I can handle me a dangerous man" - Define ‘dangerous’........ Then probably reconsider.
12. loml - "When your impressionist paintings of heaven turned out to be fakes" - The sale of counterfeit merchandise is illegal.
13. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart - "I'm sure I can pass this test" - saying, "I couldn't even pass this test if I was sober..." won't help you pass a test if you're stopped for drunk driving.
14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived - "You tried to buy some pills / From a friend of friends of mine" - Selling or possessing controlled substances is illegal, even if it's from friends of friends.
15. The Alchemy - "He jokes that "It's heroin, but this time with an E" - Heroine is ok. Heroin is not. (This song is totally about Travis btw)
16. Clara Bow - "Half moonshine, a full еclipse" - We hope you kept your eclipse glasses from last week.
17. The Black Dog - "And pierce new holes in my heart" - Stabbing is illegal.
18. imgonnagetyouback - "Gonna smash up your bike, I haven't decided yet" - Property damage is illegal. Pro tip: decide against it.
19. The Albatross - "You're in terrible danger" - Call 911 and get the heck outta there.
20. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus - "And you just watched it happen" - Please report witnessed crimes to police as soon as a possible. (... did we hear someone say.... Sam?)
21. How Did It End? - "We must know / How did it end?" - Our new Investigations motto.
22. So High School - "Are you gonna marry, kiss or kill me?" - That escalated quickly. Refer to #1.
23. I Hate It Here - "Now I seem to be scared to go outside" - Clearly not a song about Spring Hill. We work hard to keep it safe around here.
24. thanK youaIMee - "And it wasn't a fair fight or a clean kill" - Refer to #22...
25. I Look in People's Windows - "I look in people's windows / In case you're at their table" - You're under arrest, Peeping Tom.
26. The Prophecy - "I'm so afraid I sealed my fate" - Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
27. Cassandra - "So they filled my cell with snakes" - There are no snakes at the Johnson County Detention Center, promise.
28. Peter - "And I won't confess" - You have the right to remain silent...
29. The Bolter - "But it always ends up with a town car speeding" - Speeding is illegal.
30. Robin - "Out window panes talking utter nonsense" - We can tell when you're lying to try to get out of a ticket.
31. The Manuscript - "Lookin' backwards / Might be the only way to move forward" - We all make mistakes; the measure of a person is how they move forward after learning from them.

Thanks for coming to our TayTalk.

(p.s. you can listen to the 122-minute #TTPD album 5.9 times during a 12-hour shift.)

Article
:laughing-rolling: :clap: Comments:
Obsessed with whomever crafted this masterpiece of a post 🫶🤌🏼
“We can, you can’t” took me out 😂
“We can, you can’t” took me out 😂
Nailed this dissertation 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
#winning
The Tortured POLICE Department
Thank you for this! 🖤💙🖤💙
"You're under arrest, Peeping Tom" i'm dead 😭💀
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Alameda (City) Police Department:
3 California Law Officers Charged With Manslaughter After Initially Being Cleared
After a second autopsy cited "restraint asphyxiation" as the cause of a Latino father's death, involuntary manslaughter charges are being pursued.

... The officers then put Gonzalez’s hands behind his back and put him on the ground face-down. At least one officer knelt on his back, the footage shows.

Police initially stated that Gonzalez died at the hospital, but the video footage shows he stopped breathing during the arrest. One officer can be heard in the video saying Gonzalez had no pulse....
Always lies, always a coverup :ateeth: 1312
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tallahassee Police Department:

Black Man Charged With DUI After (White) Police Open Sealed Bottle, Then Cite Container In Arrest
Body camera footage raises questions about a Florida man's arrest last May after an officer can be heard opening a liquor bottle.

They always lie :obscene-birdiered: 1312
Police Dog Ordered To Attack An Unarmed Black Man In Front Of His 9-Year-Old Son (with video)

... Derrick Dunlap, 54, was pulled over by Denison police on May 25, 2023, while his son was with him. Dunlap’s attorneys say police reported that he was stopped because the light over his license plate was too dim.
:roll:
... The dog is seen repeatedly biting Dunlap, who is in a grassy area with his hands up, trying to get clear of the dog....

“Why did you tell him to bite me?” Dunlap twice asks the officer while lying face-down as he’s still being bitten.

“Give me your fucking hand, man,” Buchanan is heard saying to Dunlap. Dunlap continues to scream in pain as Buchanan handcuffs him. “Oh, my God, you are doing this in front of my son,” Dunlap said.

Dunlap’s shirt is ripped open by this point, and as Buchanan shines a flashlight over his back, several bite marks are visible. At this point in the video, Dunlap’s son yells at Buchanan to not kill his father.
:(
... The Denison Police Department never acknowledged the incident publicly. Dunlap filed a lawsuit against Buchanan in December, which the Dallas Morning News reported on in January.

Dunlap’s attorney told HuffPost he is working with the Denison Police Department on addressing the violent arrest. It is unclear if Buchanan or anyone else at the police department has ever been reprimanded.

“Tyler Buchanan betrayed his badge and the code of ethics and should be held fully accountable for his wrongful acts,” said civil rights attorney Daryl Washington in a statement.

“What Tyler Buchanan did to Derrick was demeaning and flat-out hateful.”

Washington, who is representing Dunlap, added that issues with the Denison Police Department are not always getting attention because small-town culture discourages residents from voicing their complaints.

“They are accustomed to getting away with these kinds of things because no one complains. In these smaller cities this is kind of what you expect to happen,” Washington told HuffPost.
:x :puke-left: 1312
Uvalde Won't Investigate Police Further Despite Failed Mass Shooting Response
In March, an independent investigator cleared Uvalde police officers for their roles in the deadly 2022 attack.

... Jesse Prado, a former police detective and independent investigator, presented his investigation during a March city council meeting and said Uvalde police officers acted in “good faith” during the massacre. Nearly 400 police officers from across the region were on scene that day, and they waited 77 minutes to confront the shooter. Still, Prado said, he found no wrongdoing by any Uvalde police officers.
:bs:
The City Council hasn’t officially accepted the report, a fact parent Brett Cross called out in a TikTok posted Tuesday. His 10-year-old son, Uziyah, was killed in the mass shooting.

“Uvalde keeps fucking us over,” Cross said. “Their school districts left our children dead. Their officers sat outside and did nothing about it and now Uvalde continues to fuck us over. Every single one of you officers that were there are disgusting pieces of shit. Everybody on that city council is as well. How much more do we have to go through? My son was fucking murdered and you continue to fuck us over.”...
:ateeth: 1312
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Harrowing Video Shows A Black Man’s Last Words As (White) Police Knelt On Him

... “I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe,” Tyson says repeatedly.

Police finish handcuffing Tyson, who again tells them that he “can’t breathe,” while lying face-down on the floor.

“You’re fine. Shut the fuck up,” one officer can be heard saying in response.

Tyson appears to become unresponsive.

Roughly six minutes pass before an officer checks to see if he has a pulse, per the video.
Six minutes = certain devastating brain damage, very low odds of resuscitation.
Police officers eventually begin CPR, and continue doing compressions until medics arrive some 10 minutes later. Tyson was pronounced dead at 9:18.

A police statement released Thursday made no mention of the length of time between when Tyson was handcuffed and when police began resuscitation attempts.

“Shortly after securing him in handcuffs, Officers recognized that Tyson had become unresponsive. CPR and several doses of Narcan were administered prior to the arrival of Canton Fire Department Medics,” a statement from Canton police said....
:roll: Six minutes is NOT “Shortly". Lies and coverups, always lies and coverups. 1312

Good on Canton for releasing the bod cam video within a week, though.
1312. ETTD.