Like Father Like Son

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Like Father Like Son

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:or Kramer on bad acid. See what I mean?

could have been the green gladstone that was going around in the fall of 69

I laughed out loud at the thought of kramer on that stuff
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

mama wrote:In an interview with Good Housekeeping Ann Romney stated that Mitt has been working on his temper for some time. Like father, like son.
I don't think Mitt is much like his dad with regard to honesty and integrity. I read about George that he never got a college degree, but became a successful man. Of course, back when he did it, being smart and working hard counted for something.....these days, often as not, having those qualities is a liability. And I bet if old George got mad, it was for a good reason.....probably somethng Willard did.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:or Kramer on bad acid. See what I mean?

could have been the green gladstone that was going around in the fall of 69

I laughed out loud at the thought of kramer on that stuff
Nothing like not being able to stop grinning....... :D

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
mama wrote:In an interview with Good Housekeeping Ann Romney stated that Mitt has been working on his temper for some time. Like father, like son.
I don't think Mitt is much like his dad with regard to honesty and integrity. I read about George that he never got a college degree, but became a successful man. Of course, back when he did it, being smart and working hard counted for something.....these days, often as not, having those qualities is a liability. And I bet if old George got mad, it was for a good reason.....probably somethng Willard did.

too much trouble to go back and read, but I thought the thread referred to lil tagg's childish outburst after mittens got beat in the 2nd debate
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

Apache wrote:Hugh, so after the prez leaves office, he is gonna ditch his wive and children and do what? some of you act like Obama was a plant and his entire life has been planned out just to destroy the US of A. I would be careful, if a group of people are that powerful and ominous, I wouldnt want em to know, you know :lol:
Just imagine Jimmy Carter with a Islamic ties and a fatherly pull like Obama has shown to have.

I may be wrong. I hope, for his girls, I am. But if the liberals insist on the "like father like son" assumption what would you predict?

I personally reject the notion while at the same time know we receive genetic propensities from our parents. You know what I think on that subject from SHJ post.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Kramer on acid would be normal.

I had a kramer type roommate in a house full of hippies in 1970. in the year I lived there, there were only 2 days that he didn't do acid

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:Kramer on acid would be normal.
I imagine he'd be sort of like Romney, polished and hard to pin down....and always smiling. And walking like a woman in a beauty pageant with a stride barely longer than his shoe length. A true warlock for modern times......Hell, I bet Mitt's wishing he'd picked Charlie Sheen instead of Ryan. They might even win.....

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Tertius wrote:Noting all the defenses of Obama and the appearance that he is not like his father. I say; see what he does after he is not President.

It seems the liberal point "Like Father Like Son" only applies when they say it applies.

I have not diverted any attention from the title of the discussion. But, some valid questions I added to the discussion continue to be ignored.

Obama is not a good person. In time you will see.
Tertius I agree with your last statement and only time will tell. George Bush has shown great class in not responding to all the charges against him since he left office. I hope we soon get to see how differently Obama acts after he leaves office.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:
Tertius wrote:Noting all the defenses of Obama and the appearance that he is not like his father. I say; see what he does after he is not President.

It seems the liberal point "Like Father Like Son" only applies when they say it applies.

I have not diverted any attention from the title of the discussion. But, some valid questions I added to the discussion continue to be ignored.

Tertius I agree with your last statement and only time will tell. George Bush has shown great class in not responding to all the charges against him since he left office. I hope we soon get to see how differently Obama acts after he leaves office.

lil bush is hiding under a damn rock

btw - lil bush will be leaving the country next week. he is attending a seminar in the caymans about hiding income from the irs.

it is interesting that the past dem presidents go on to work for the country and the world

while the con presidents go on to work for themselves

and tag-along agrees with turdius

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:...it is interesting that the past dem presidents go on to work for the country and the world while the con presidents go on to work for themselves...
Might be an over-generalization. In my lifetime:

Ike was old and sick.
LBJ was old and sick.
Nixon hid in disgrace, then did self-promotion to try and regain his dignity.
Ford did some stuff, but was hampered by always being the "Accidental POTUS".
Carter has been a terrific ex-POTUS.
Reagan was demented.
Bush I has done some good things.
Clinton has done well, along with supporting a Senator/Sec'y of State.
Dem POTUSes were mostly younger, too.

Just Shrub has been MIA without excuse.

granted runney was demented but he did go on a few get rich speaking tours

and bush 1 was an absolute disgrace, using his national security clearance and going to work for the saudi royal family

and shrub is going to that tax cheat seminar next week

Supsalemgr
Major

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:

lil bush is hiding under a damn rock

btw - lil bush will be leaving the country next week. he is attending a seminar in the caymans about hiding income from the irs.

it is interesting that the past dem presidents go on to work for the country and the world

while the con presidents go on to work for themselves

and tag-along agrees with turdius
One of Vrede's more outragious comments. However, I am used to them. He is not hiding, he is showing class which is apparently a term with which Vrede cannot relate.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Bush the Younger may not be all that visible because he may not get invited out a lot - not even to the Republican convention. If I'd left office with 20% or so approval and 60-something percent of people still thinking I mucked up the economy, I'd probably keep a low profile too. If Obama loses, then Romney will blame everything on him and Bush can once again arise from the ashes, a la Nixon several years after saying "well, you won't have ol' Dick Nixon to kick around any longer."

Supsalemgr
Major

I can understand libs not being able to recognize someone acting in a gentlemanly manner. It is not in their DNA.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Supsalemgr wrote:

Yep, old Georgie was certainly classy.... George Bush wipes hands on Bill after touching black people.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote: I am not billy.pilgrim, and I disagreed in detail with this post of his . . . twice!

You are an idiot. How's that for "class"?
Damn, dude - how do you have time to hide under so many people's beds and go bump in the night? You are apparently the dominant resident in a lot of people's "anxiety closet."
Attachments
bloomcounty_strip5x-large.jpg
bloomcounty_strip5x-large.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 1540 times

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

George Bush, major league asshole. Yeah, big time. ` :lol: :lol:

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Supsalemgr wrote:
Tertius I agree with your last statement and only time will tell.

That's pretty much a lead-pipe cinch that it's not true.

George Bush has shown great class in not responding to all the charges against him since he left office.

That's because all the charges against him since he left office are true.

Name some that aren't.

I hope we soon get to see how differently Obama acts after he leaves office.

2016 is soon enough.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:
Vrede (to Supsalemgr) wrote:I am not billy.pilgrim, and I disagreed in detail with this post of his . . . twice!

You are an idiot. How's that for "class"?
Damn, dude - how do you have time to hide under so many people's beds and go bump in the night? You are apparently the dominant resident in a lot of people's "anxiety closet."
I wish I could patent it - making people go bonkers by agreeing with them.

Mmmm...

At least you're not me anymore. Or I'm not you. Something like that.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

Stinger wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:

George Bush has shown great class in not responding to all the charges against him since he left office.

Name some that aren't.

2016 is soon enough.
More red propaganda.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Tertius wrote:
Stinger wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:

Name some that aren't.

2016 is soon enough.
More red propaganda.
More "I can't support anything I say with facts, and I can't discredit anything you say, so I'll sit on the sidelines making nanny-nanny-boo-boo posts, insisting that my delusions are real" insignificance from Tertius.