Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I'm not surprised KOA took quick and appropriate action. Even though franchised, they're pretty well controlled, with KOA claiming somebody inspects every KOA every year - not all the same guy, I assume. They're often fairly close to highways, and most tend to be best for short stays, but overall they're a reliable place to stay. We've been in a bunch, and I can't think of more than one - maybe two at the most - that we wouldn't go back to.

But back to the story - if anyone thinks that fat lady wasn't racist - we've sometimes stopped at a KOA as a rest area, just ask if it's OK to park in the lot for a half-hour or so, use a picnic table or walk around the park, and we've never been denied or run off - even without the gun.
But did you have a vicious dog 🐕with you?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Probably as "vicious" as theirs. The sadly departed Muttly O Really was a Ridgeback that could look pretty intimidating when he wasn't rolled over for a belly rub.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:36 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Probably as "vicious" as theirs. The sadly departed Muttly O Really was a Ridgeback that could look pretty intimidating when he wasn't rolled over for a belly rub.

My neighbors have a ridgeback, Daisy. She's a sweet girl. I'd think your travels could be more fun with a four footed friend. Always good for entertainment value. 🐶
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:29 pm
I'd think your travels could be more fun with a four footed friend. Always good for entertainment value. 🐶
Yeah, we miss having a dog, but for the time being we decided to go dogless at least for a while. There are some advantages in not having to worry about them when you go off on a day trip without them, as well as not having a wet dog in a smallish space to deal with on rainy days. ;)

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Yes! Yes! You're all right Doug.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Court tosses black man's murder conviction over racial bias

... The removal of black prospective jurors deprived inmate Curtis Flowers of a fair trial, the court said in a 7-2 decision written by Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
    :shock: :!:
    ... The long record of Flowers' trials stretching back more than 20 years shows District Attorney Doug Evans' "relentless, determined effort to rid the jury of black individuals," with the goal of an all-white jury, Kavanaugh wrote.

In Flowers' sixth trial, the jury was made up of 11 whites and one African American. Prosecutor Evans struck five black prospective jurors.

In the earlier trials, three convictions were tossed out, including one when the prosecutor improperly excluded African Americans from the jury. In the second trial, the judge chided Evans for striking a juror based on race. Two other trials ended when jurors couldn't reach unanimous verdicts.

"The numbers speak loudly," Kavanaugh said in a summary of his opinion that he read in the courtroom, noting that Evans had removed 41 of the 42 prospective black jurors over the six trials. "We cannot ignore that history."

In dissent, Justice Clarence Thomas called Kavanaugh's opinion "manifestly incorrect" and wrote that Flowers "presented no evidence whatsoever of purposeful race discrimination." Justice Neil Gorsuch joined most of Thomas' opinion.
    :roll: :obscene-birdiered:
    ... Defense lawyers have argued that witness statements and physical evidence against Flowers are too weak to convict him. A jailhouse informant who claimed Flowers had confessed to him recanted in recorded telephone conversations with American Public Media's "In the Dark" podcast. A separate appeal is pending in state court questioning Flowers' actual guilt, citing in part evidence that reporters for "In the Dark" detailed.

"A seventh trial would be unprecedented, and completely unwarranted given both the flimsiness of the evidence against him and the long trail of misconduct that has kept him wrongfully incarcerated all these years. We hope that the state of Mississippi will finally disavow Doug Evans' misconduct, decline to pursue yet another trial and set Mr. Flowers free," Sheri Lynn Johnson, who represented Flowers at the Supreme Court, said in an emailed statement....
    :---P

White Mississippi bigots lose, again, even with this uber-con SCOTUS, awww.
    A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
    -- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Jon Meacham: Trump Now Tied For ‘Most Racist President In American History’
    Trump’s racist attacks on Democratic lawmakers make him number one in a very ugly category, the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian says.

The only surprise here is that any POTUS is tied with Dolt .45 for most racist.

Captain America:
    Chris Evans
    @ChrisEvans

This is racist, Biff.

The only thing worse than actually being hateful and racist, is casually wielding hate and racism to activate your base in an unrelenting, painfully transparent, and crushingly on-brand effort to soothe your only true devotion: feeding your insatiable ego.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Kellyanne Conway Asks Reporter His Ethnicity While Defending Trump’s Racist Rant
    The White House adviser tried to spin Trump’s racist rhetoric against Reps. Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna Pressley.

Of course she went there. These pigs have no shame.

We would send racist, lying Conway back to "Ireland and Italy," but they've already announced that they won't take her.

Comments:
    I thought Kellyanne was from Transylvania?
    It's hard to notsee the frightening direction this administration is heading.
    Kellyanne yet again defending the indefensible with the indefensible.
    "It wasn't racist comment. It was an alternative ethnically motivated comment"
    LOL these bigots have like one foot in and one foot out. They like to act like bigots and say bigoted things, but they don't like to be labeled as bigots...hahaha.
    1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
    Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:16 am
    Jon Meacham: Trump Now Tied For ‘Most Racist President In American History’
    Trump’s racist attacks on Democratic lawmakers make him number one in a very ugly category, the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian says.

The only surprise here is that any POTUS is tied with Dolt .45 for most racist.

Captain America:
    Chris Evans
    @ChrisEvans

This is racist, Biff.

The only thing worse than actually being hateful and racist, is casually wielding hate and racism to activate your base in an unrelenting, painfully transparent, and crushingly on-brand effort to soothe your only true devotion: feeding your insatiable ego.
    I must confess that I went to Andrew Johnson Elementary school here starting in 1960 but I got over it. The school is still there. As far as I know, it's all white just like when I went there. But my 6th grade teacher (Mrs. Long) was a black woman who had a son with the same name as me, so I guess that's something. She also paddled my ass once to the extent that my mom complained to the school about my purple ass. I can also remember being sent to the principal's office once but forget what for. I had a pretty illustrious conflict with authority there and never got over it.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
    Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm
    I must confess that I went to Andrew Johnson Elementary school here starting in 1960 but I got over it.
    That must make for some interesting legacy discussions.

He is regarded by many historians as one of the worst presidents in American history.
    The school is still there. As far as I know, it's all white just like when I went there....
    Nope, 2 black kids now:
    https://johnson.k12k.com/

Or, at least there were whenever the pic was taken. Maybe they've fixed that by now.
    1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Well, it's good the old neighborhood is apparently coming along. It was what you might call an idyllic childhood for me growing up, so hopefully it will be so for those kids as well.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Kentucky Teen's $250 Million Lawsuit Against The Washington Post Dismissed

A federal judge on Friday dismissed a $250 million lawsuit against The Washington Post from the attorneys of Nick Sandmann, the MAGA hat-wearing teen captured in a viral video with Native American activist Nathan Phillips in January....
    LMAO, I was posting elsewhere from the beginning:
    I will relish your Trumpette tears of impotent frustration as OUR 1st Amendment prevails over YOUR smirking MAGA brat hoping to win the trailer park lottery.
    Now, I'm relishing. Check out the MAGA whiners in the comments at the link.

The nearly all white school in a nearly all white town in a nearly all white county has history:

Covington Catholic Students In Blackface Underline Race Issues At Private School
    New allegations of racism have cropped up just as students and parents deny the last ones.

'MAGA hat boys' reportedly filmed harassing girls before stand-off with Native American man

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... ton#p93571
    Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:16 am
    Je suis Christchurch x 2.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/multiple-dea ... ories.html

:(

Brenton Tarrant Manifesto: The ‘Great Replacement’ Rant

All interesting to me, but some bits stood out....
    On Whether He Likes Donald Trump & Candace Owens

He asked himself “were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?” The manifesto gives this answer: “As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.”

... Of Owens, he said, “Yes, the person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens. Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness. Though I will have to disavow some of her beliefs, the extreme actions she calls for are too much, even for my tastes.”
    Not sure what he's referring to, but those must be VERY extreme actions that she calls for.
    Owens responded:
    Candace Owens
    Verified account @RealCandaceO

To be clear:

We played the “Candace is Hitler” game.
    We played the “Candace is anti-rape victims” game.

If the media attempts this “Candace inspired a mosque shooting in New Zealand” bit—they better all lawyer the f*ck up.
    I will go full Covington Catholic lawsuit.

Try me.
    She also wrote: “LOL! 😂 FACT: I’ve never created any content espousing my views on the 2nd Amendment or Islam. The Left pretending I inspired a mosque massacre in…New Zealand because I believe black America can do it without government hand outs is the reachiest reach of all reaches!! LOL!” ...
    Ummm, idiot crybaby, "the media" and "The Left" are NOT saying that you "inspired a mosque shooting in New Zealand," the rightwing terrorist is.
    It was always an empty screech, but "Covington Catholic lawsuit" is laughable now.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Presidential Candidates: Unite Against Racism and for Voter Registration

SIGN THIS PETITION

To be delivered to All Presidential Candidates

All presidential candidates should unite for a massive, pro-voter, anti-racism rally in Greenville, NC—the city in which attendees at a Trump rally chanted "Send her back!"—to reject racism and regression, register voters, and demonstrate what an America committed to moving forward together looks like.
    1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
    Admiral

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
    Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

One of my BiLs is a huge Tucker fan, but he won't speak to me. Go figure.
    Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
    Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
    Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:01 am
    That must be very upsetting for you. 😭

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
    Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 am
    billy.pilgrim wrote:
    Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:01 am
    That must be very upsetting for you. 😭
    Tucker Carlson's Commercial Breaks Tell The Real Story Of His Advertising Problems

... After Carlson told his (Aug 6) “Tucker Carlson Tonight” viewers that white supremacy is “actually not a real problem in America” and that the suggestion it is a problem is “a hoax” spread by the mainstream media, his commercial breaks on Thursday and Friday have featured as few as 13 and 11 paid ads, respectively. As of last year, he had about 36 paid ads per show....

In the last year, the types and volume of advertisements on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” have drastically shifted. Dozens of advertisers abandoned Carlson’s prime-time show beginning in December 2018, when he told America that immigrants were making the country “dirtier.” More advertisers left in March when Media Matters discovered Carlson’s racist and white supremacist rhetoric on a radio show between 2006 and 2011.

While Carlson previously had a wide variety of paid advertisers invested in him specifically, his commercial breaks over the last year have increasingly included “house ads” for Fox News, Fox Nation, Fox television and Fox Sports programming....
    :---P

Comments:
    Today I learned that Hannity and Carlson are 2 different people.
    Depends, Magnum P.I.'s Reverse Mortgage, Osteo BiFlex and Alex Trebek's Funeral Insurance will have to pick up the slack.
    basically it's my pillow and buy gold
    Thoughts and Prayers.
    :lol: That joke just ain't getting old.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

It’s Not Just Fox Pumping Out the Racist “Replacement” Conspiracy. Here Are 15 Republicans Fanning the Flames.
    Unsurprisingly, the word “invasion” comes up a lot.

Earlier this month, a mass shooter killed 22 and injured 24 others at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, specifically targeting Latino immigrants; the shooter had a manifesto, in which he mentioned multiple times the “great replacement,” a racist theory—popular among white supremacists—that white people will be replaced by people of color. “This attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas,” the shooter wrote....

A fear of an “invasion” of people of color has also been a longtime Republican talking point that has gained prominence during the Trump administration. The New York Times analyzed right-wing media—including Fox New shows like Tucker Carlson Tonight—and found “hundreds of examples of language, ideas, and ideologies that overlapped with the mass killer’s written statement.” President Trump and officials in his administration have used it, and Republican members of Congress have used similar racist language. Below are some examples we found.

President Donald Trump ...
    Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) ...
    Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) ...
    Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) ...
    Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) ...
    Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) ...
    Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) ...
    Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) ...
    Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) ...
    Rep. John Rose (R-Tenn.) ...
    Rep. Ron Wright (R-Texas) ...
    The Trump Administration ...
    My Rep. Meadows, billy.pilgrim's Rep. Gaetz, neoplacebo's Rep. Roe and Whack9's Rep. Timmons don't make the list, nor do any of our lousy Senators. They've let us down, and griping about them won't be quite as sweet in the future.
    1312. ETTD.