President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 11:49 am
As sensitive as Trump is to being worshiped, it's shocking to me that he doesn't just do something that people will like. You know he hates being ridiculed for stuff like "confeve" and other stuff he does. The ridicule isn't going away unless or until he doesn't do stupid stuff. If he had a deal going for a hotel somewhere and the potential buyer/chump wanted changes in building design, wouldn't Trump make them if the deal depended on it? If he wants acceptance or (gasp) admiration, why won't he just do stuff that could make that happen?
For now, I think President* Trump is still hoping for dictatorial powers like a CEO, hence the push to get the Senate to do away with the filibuster rule. In business, he was more likely to bully, bribe officials, threaten and sue than compromise.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:05 pm

For now, I think President* Trump is still hoping for dictatorial powers like a CEO, .
Apparently, but that doesn't seem to be working out very well so far. What's that definition of insanity? Do the same thing, expect different results?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

rstrong wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm
"Confeve" went viral overnight, filling the quota on Trumpage in the morning news. So when news broke later the same morning that Trump was pulling the US out of the Paris climate agreement, there was less coverage.

Something something bread and circuses.
Trump would be willing to - and undoubtedly has - thrown up smoked herrings, but I don't believe he's willing to intentionally be ridiculed as camoflage.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:30 pm
rstrong wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm
"Confeve" went viral overnight, filling the quota on Trumpage in the morning news. So when news broke later the same morning that Trump was pulling the US out of the Paris climate agreement, there was less coverage.

Something something bread and circuses.
Trump would be willing to - and undoubtedly has - thrown up smoked herrings, but I don't believe he's willing to intentionally be ridiculed as camoflage.
Six months ago I was expecting that by about now the Republican Party would read Trump the riot act, take away his Twitter feed and make him act like a grown-up.

But from a Republican point of view he's been VERY productive. Followers can acknowledge his childish and crack-addled antics while thinking "that's embarrassing, but harmless." It diverts attention from the real harm in cuts to education, healthcare, the environment etc. etc. etc. The best part: Republicans can deny responsibility. "He's not really a Republican."

So now I think that if the Republicans were to assert control, it would be to order embarrassment on demand. Pulling out of the Paris Accord? Tweet something goddamned stupid a couple hours before the news breaks. Horrific details emerging on RyanCare Trump Edition? Have him attack a comedian.

Or at least coordinate. Put Trump's tweets on a tape delay. When they see meme-worthy idiotic Trump tweet coming, use the opportunity to do/release something corrupt while everyone is distracted. When they see Trump tweet criticize Boeing or some other company, use the heads-up to sell their stock.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump's Weird Typo Becomes The Hot New Word Everyone Is Using [UPDATED]

... UPDATE: Trump deleted his original tweet shortly after 6 a.m. on Wednesday, and replaced it with this one:

Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!

He did not explain what happened with the original message or why it wasn’t changed for more than six hours.
The self-deprecation doesn't sound like President* Trump humor to me. I'm guessing that some early rising staffer was horrified, deleted the tweet and sent out the new one.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 pm
Donald Trump's Weird Typo Becomes The Hot New Word Everyone Is Using [UPDATED]

... UPDATE: Trump deleted his original tweet shortly after 6 a.m. on Wednesday, and replaced it with this one:

Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!

He did not explain what happened with the original message or why it wasn’t changed for more than six hours.
The self-deprecation doesn't sound like President* Trump humor to me. I'm guessing that some early rising staffer was horrified, deleted the tweet and sent out the new one.
I'd believe he's going to go the senile route to avoid charges at this point.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

He'll have a strong case, and I'd be okay with seeing him reduced to such pitiful straights whether it's sincere or faked.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Rolling Stone: 100 WTF Moments From Trump's First 100 Days

Whoa. It's amazing how "little" things like the "Bowling Green Massacre" and attacking judges who rule against him have gone by the wayside.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I just scrolled randomly.
April 25th: The White House issued an error-riddled press release claiming Trump accomplished more than any other president in his first 100 days in office.

April 26th: The White House established a hotline for people who had been victimized by "criminal aliens" to report their experiences – which activists immediately flooded with "reports" of alien abductions.
The second and third links above are hilarious, worth reading. I'm gonna call. Got any ideas for what I should report? Rich details will make it more fun.

One idea: With a muffled voice report that I've got an Alien facehugger.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Last night the Nutjob-in Chief tweeted out: "Crooked Hillary Clinton now blames everybody but herself, refuses to say she was a terrible candidate. Hits Facebook & even Dems & DNC".

Hillary responded an hour later: "People in covfefe houses shouldn’t throw covfefe."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 am
... Hillary responded an hour later: "People in covfefe houses shouldn’t throw covfefe."
:lol: :thumbup:

Lewandowski says turmoil in White House communications staff is partly because Trump is too ‘articulate’

:wtf:

(banni, the headscratching emoji is broken, :-0?> , maybe it's from overuse since Dolt .45 announced his candidacy)
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 am
rstrong wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:24 am
... Hillary responded an hour later: "People in covfefe houses shouldn’t throw covfefe."
:lol: :thumbup:

Lewandowski says turmoil in White House communications staff is partly because Trump is too ‘articulate’

:wtf:

(banni, the headscratching emoji is broken, :-0?> , maybe it's from overuse since Dolt .45 announced his candidacy)
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

bannination
Captain

bannination
Captain

:headscratch: Huh, interesting, the version update in php now blocks that particular combination, probably for security reasons.

I redefined it. Someday when I'm bored I guess I'll go through the database and replace all instances in old posts with the new one. I'm betting there's probably a couple others that are broken to.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D That could end up being a novel or a video game.
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

What hath we wrought?

homerfobe
Ensign

in another thread billy.pilgrim wrote:What are you trying to say?
America hanging her head in shame. We got a Dumphuck for President. (Thankfully we didn't get that other Dumphuck either)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump administration moves to keep full CIA 'torture' report secret

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has begun returning to Congress copies of a voluminous 2014 report describing the CIA's harsh detention and interrogation programs, U.S. officials said on Friday.

The Trump administration's move means it could be more difficult for the full, 6,700-page report to be made public, because documents held by Congress are exempt from laws requiring government records to eventually be made public.

The White House made the move in response to requests by Sen. Richard Burr, the Senate Intelligence Committee's current Republican chairman, officials said.

In a statement emailed to Reuters, Burr said: "I have directed my staff to retrieve copies of the Congressional study that remain with the Executive Branch agencies and, as the Committee does with all classified and compartmented information, will enact the necessary measures to protect the sensitive sources and methods contained within the report."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Democrat who chaired the committee when the report was produced, had asked that it be distributed to multiple executive branch agencies, a move designed to make it eventually releasable to the public under the Freedom of Information Act law.

Feinstein said in a statement that she was "concerned and disappointed" that Burr requested that the document be returned, calling it a departure from the committee's normal bipartisan nature.

"No senator, chairman or not, has the authority to erase history. I believe that is the intent of the chairman in this case," she said.

Sen Mark Warner, who succeeded Feinstein as the committee's top Democrat, said in a Twitter post he was "disappointed" with Burr's decision, and that the report "must be preserved so we can learn from past mistakes & ensure that abuses are never repeated." ...
The GOP/Burr (R-NC) partial coverup of one of our great national shames continues, and President* Trump is now making himself complicit.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump's Latest Approval Ratings in Election Swing States Reveal How Unpopular He Has Become

... Trump won North Carolina over Clinton by nearly 4 percentage points. But the southern swing state's approval wasn't great in April, the last time it was measured by a survey. Only 41.6 percent of voters approved of the job Trump has done after 100 days in office, according to the poll from Elon University. Nearly 51 percent disapproved of his job performance....

It's unlikely that Trump's standing has improved in the month or so since the North Carolina poll was released.... In late April, the FiveThirtyEight weighted average pegged Trump's national approval rating at about 42 percent. It has since fallen to 39.1 percent....
Also discussed: Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida and Texas.

Comments:
TRUMP SUPPORTERS... Don't worry, Everything thing is going to be fine. Just close your eyes, cover your ears, and keep chanting along with your leader, "Fake news. Fake news. Fake news."
1312. ETTD.