Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:58 pm
:thumbup: Solidarity! I saw a story just a few minutes ago that says the officer in question "will be punished" but I didn't read it.....just noticed the headline in the list of news articles. I expect said "punishment" will be mild or even amount to a taxpayer funded vacation. In any case, keep up the good work. My latest thing was to send an email to the the Benzie County Michigan sheriff Ted Schendel over his chicken little bullshit gibberish about the second amendment. That was over a week ago. Ted has yet to get back to me. Perhaps he shot himself.
Short for Benzedrine?
Trump claims Michigan governor ‘wants to be dictator’
Michigan bans open carry at polls as gun groups vow resistance
Move comes a week after authorities broke up an armed plot to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer

... “I think the Second Amendment is pretty clear: the right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon,” Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel told Bridge, adding that he would instruct deputies to try and deescalate encounters rather than arrest people who brought guns to polling sites. Schendel is part of the "constitutional sheriffs" movement, which believes sheriffs have the final say on the law in their jurisdiction, not state officials....
:roll:

The entire county population is 17,753. It's 96.39% White and somewhat Repug.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzie_County,_Michigan
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Whose gun is this? It's not a gun, baby, it's the second amendment. Whose second amendment is this? Ted's. Who's Ted? Ted's dead baby. Ted's dead. (paraphrase of Bruce Willis and his girlfriend in Pulp Fiction).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=127031#p127031
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am
Bloomberg fucking with desantis bs. I'm sending Mike some cash and hope you do too.

"Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg and his team have raised more than $16 million to pay the court fines and fees of nearly 32,000 Black and Hispanic Florida voters with felony convictions,"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Florida voting rights group faced threats from white supremacists

Florida Republicans’ request last month for police and the FBI to investigate a program to pay off felons’ court fees and fines hasn’t amounted to criminal charges or a formal probe.

But it has created a “chilling effect” and sparked threats from white supremacists, according to Desmond Meade, executive director of the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, which has raised tens of millions of dollars to pay off court fees and fines for felons over the last 18 months.

Meade said Friday he’s hired lawyers and security experts to combat threats from people who now believe he and his organization are working to undermine President Donald Trump’s reelection.

“White supremacist groups were encouraging people to go to our website and do nefarious things and trying to sabotage the site,” Meade said.
:obscene-birdiered:
... So far, the Rights Restoration Coalition has paid off $27 million in fines and fees for 40,000 felons across Florida. A spokeswoman for Bloomberg said he worked with Meade’s organization to contact new and previous donors and raise just over $16 million, as promised.

Meade said Bloomberg’s money did not go to anyone based on their ethnicity or partisan preference.

“It could be that we’ve paid fines and fees to a white supremacist,” Meade joked.
:-|| Still a minority of potentially eligible FL ex-felons, but 40,000 can easily make the difference in an FL election.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:50 pm
viewtopic.php?p=127031#p127031
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am
Bloomberg fucking with desantis bs. I'm sending Mike some cash and hope you do too.

"Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg and his team have raised more than $16 million to pay the court fines and fees of nearly 32,000 Black and Hispanic Florida voters with felony convictions,"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Florida voting rights group faced threats from white supremacists

Florida Republicans’ request last month for police and the FBI to investigate a program to pay off felons’ court fees and fines hasn’t amounted to criminal charges or a formal probe.

But it has created a “chilling effect” and sparked threats from white supremacists, according to Desmond Meade, executive director of the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, which has raised tens of millions of dollars to pay off court fees and fines for felons over the last 18 months.

Meade said Friday he’s hired lawyers and security experts to combat threats from people who now believe he and his organization are working to undermine President Donald Trump’s reelection.

“White supremacist groups were encouraging people to go to our website and do nefarious things and trying to sabotage the site,” Meade said.
... So far, the Rights Restoration Coalition has paid off $27 million in fines and fees for 40,000 felons across Florida. A spokeswoman for Bloomberg said he worked with Meade’s organization to contact new and previous donors and raise just over $16 million, as promised.

Meade said Bloomberg’s money did not go to anyone based on their ethnicity or partisan preference.

“It could be that we’ve paid fines and fees to a white supremacist,” Meade joked.
:-|| Still a minority of potentially eligible FL ex-felons, but 40,000 can easily make the difference in an FL election.
The 1.2 million would have been delayed justice, but still justice.

I can't begin to imagine the level of violence from the right if Biden wins. We know that they can't accept simple provable facts over insane conspiracies.
No way they will accept Biden as legitimate.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 pm
The 1.2 million would have been delayed justice, but still justice.

I can't begin to imagine the level of violence from the right if Biden wins. We know that they can't accept simple provable facts over insane conspiracies.
No way they will accept Biden as legitimate.
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think that the vast majority of them are pansies, the ones that aren't Russian trolls. The rest are too stupid to avoid arrest before doing much damage, as we've been seeing all summer.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

trump campaign and Nevada GOP officials sue to stop counting of early vote ballots until "proper procedures are in place." As if they're not now in place and have been all along. They are getting more and more blatant and ridiculous in their suppression efforts.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campai ... 51172.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 am
trump campaign and Nevada GOP officials sue to stop counting of early vote ballots until "proper procedures are in place." As if they're not now in place and have been all along. They are getting more and more blatant and ridiculous in their suppression efforts.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campai ... 51172.html
Yep. Trumpettes and other right-wingers are soooo paranoid, whiny and stupid!

'Tsunamis of Misinformation' Overwhelm Local Election Officials
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 pm
It truly boggles the mind that the TX GOP is limiting voter drop off boxes to one per county (I am assuming counties in Texas are big) and that the CA GOP is creating bogus voter drop off boxes that they falsely label as "official." And it boggles the mind even more that these two polar opposite situations are both created solely by the GOP and evidently nobody seems to be saying very much about it. I read today that Devin Nunes, who along with Peter Navarro and Larry Kudlow, has also never been right about anything responded to the CA governor cease and desist order by tweeting "screw you." The blatancy of both these acts hurts my head.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm
In the immortal words of Stinger: "Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election."
Stinger wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 am
Voter suppression didn't work. Voter fraud didn't work. Just steal it. Openly, blatantly steal it. And it's underway.
Is it possible that such overt anti-democratic voter suppression, election fraud and lawbreaking is actually resulting in MORE voting by marginalized communities? Idk, but I hope so. In some places people are already standing in line for 8 hours. Wow....
Great minds . . .

The entire clip is interesting, but discussion of the title begins at 2:00.

Ari Berman: Record Early Voting Suggests Voter Suppression Is Backfiring | The Last Word | MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pubs STILL work on plans to outright steal THIS election

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pubs STILL work on plans to outright steal THIS election

Pennsylvania postal worker admits his claim of ballot tampering wasn’t true
Richard Hopkins's claim that he was instructed to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Republicans as evidence of voter fraud

A postal worker in Pennsylvania, whose claim of ballot tampering was touted by Republicans as evidence of voter fraud, now admits it was all a lie.

Richard Hopkins said that he was instructed by a postmaster in Erie, Pa., to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day. His claim was cited by GOP officials as the most credible evidence of voter fraud, including Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham who wrote a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation, reports the Washington Post....

Despite Hopkins’s decision to recant his claim of ballot tampering, it’s not yet clear why he signed a false affidavit claiming it happened in the first place. However, a GoFundMe page set up for Hopkins raised more than $136,000. Donors and Trump supporters hailed him as a patriot....
That's fraud, lock him up! Repugs, Lindsey and Trumpettes are gullible morons, again.

Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron joins election lawsuit in Pennsylvania
'We have to ensure that every legal vote cast is counted and every illegal vote cast is not counted.'

:roll: This is the same Repug Trumpette pig that deceptively engineered the grand jury coverup of the Breonna Taylor murder by Louisville pigs.

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ah, well, when you're this far into a neo fascist movement and your past actions demonstrate your fascism in blatantly obvious ways, all you can do is hang on and finish the ride no matter what. After all, who'd place any trust in a "reformed" fascist?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 am
Ah, well, when you're this far into a neo fascist movement and your past actions demonstrate your fascism in blatantly obvious ways, all you can do is hang on and finish the ride no matter what. After all, who'd place any trust in a "reformed" fascist?
The US space program.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida attorney reportedly under investigation after telling Republicans to change 'your address for the next 2 months' for Georgia runoffs

... Attorney Bill Price in a Facebook video that has since been deleted was reportedly seen speaking to members of the Bay County GOP in Florida last month, saying "we have to do whatever it takes" to "hold the Senate" and that he's "moving to Georgia" for the January runoff.

"And if that means changing your address for the next two months, so be it," Price says. "I'm doing that. I'm moving to Georgia and I'm gonna fight and I want you all to fight with me."

Price reportedly says in the video he's "moving to my brother's house in Hiram, Georgia and I'm registering to vote." Then, he reportedly tells the Florida Republicans his brother's name and his address, and when a woman asks if they "can truly register at that address," he reportedly responds, "Sure."

Georgia's office of Secretary of State told Fox News that "registering without the intention of permanent residency is a felony," as "only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia." According to Fox, Price says in the video he will "move back to Florida on Jan. 6."

Price told WSB-TV these were just "humorous comments" and that he "did not change my voter registration." But according to the report, he did register to vote using his brother's Georgia address the day after he made the remarks, and he's now under investigation. Price admitted to Fox News that he filled out the voter registration but claimed, "I wanted to see how easy it was to do it. I'm not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking." Read more at WSB-TV.
Don't worry about those cops that are arresting you, they're just "joking".
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Funny how just about every single incident like this is an example of voter fraud by a GOP official or activist. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:36 am
Funny how just about every single incident like this is an example of voter fraud by a GOP official or activist. Hilarious.
For example:
Officials finally found a case of a dead person voting, accusing a Republican of pretending to be his dead mom to vote for Trump

Officials have found a case of a dead person voting.

Bruce Bartman has been charged with unlawful voting and perjury over allegations that he pretended to be his dead mother to cast a ballot in the November election for President Donald Trump in Pennsylvania.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer announced the charges in a press release Monday. Bartman was arraigned Friday and released on $100,000 bail, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. If convicted on all charges, the 70-year-old Bartman could spend up to 19 years in prison....
:lol: :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Georgia Poll Closures Limit Black, Latino Voting In Senate Runoffs, Advocates Say

Racist voter suppression in Georgia? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's Fraud Claims Died in Court, But the Myth of Stolen Elections Lives On

President Donald Trump’s baseless and desperate claims of a stolen election over the last seven weeks — the most aggressive promotion of “voter fraud” in American history — failed to get any traction in courts across seven states, or come anywhere close to reversing the loss he suffered to Joe Biden.

But the effort has led to at least one unexpected and profoundly different result: A thorough debunking of the sorts of voter fraud claims that Republicans have used to roll back voting rights for the better part of the young century.

In making their case in real courts and the court of public opinion, Trump and his allies have trotted out a series of tropes and canards similar to those Republicans have pushed to justify laws that in many cases made voting disproportionately harder for Blacks and Hispanics, who largely support Democrats.

Their allegations that thousands of people “double voted” by assuming other identities at polling booths echoed those that have previously been cited as a reason to impose strict new voter identification laws.

Their assertion that large numbers of noncitizens cast illegal votes for Biden matched claims Republicans have made to argue for harsh new “proof of citizenship” requirements for voter registration.

And their tales about large numbers of cheaters casting ballots in the name of “dead voters” were akin to those several states have used to conduct aggressive “purges” of voting lists that wrongfully slated tens of thousands of registrations for termination.

After bringing some 60 lawsuits, and even offering financial incentive for information about fraud, Trump and his allies have failed to prove definitively any case of illegal voting on behalf of their opponent in court — not a single case of an undocumented immigrant casting a ballot, a citizen double voting, nor any credible evidence that legions of the voting dead gave Biden a victory that wasn’t his.

“It really should put a death knell in this narrative that has been peddled around claims of vote fraud that just have never been substantiated,” said Kristen Clarke, president of the National Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a nonprofit legal group, and a former Justice Department attorney whose work included voting cases. “They put themselves on trial, and they failed.”
Yay. But . . .
Yet there are no signs that those defeats in the courts will change the trajectory of the ongoing efforts to restrict voting that have been core to conservative politics since the disputed 2000 election, which coincided with heightened party concerns that demographic shifts would favor Democrats in the popular vote.

The false notions have lived on in Trump’s Twitter and Facebook feeds; on the television programming of Fox News, Newsmax and One America News Network; and in statehouse hearings where Republican leaders have contemplated more restrictive voting laws based on the rejected allegations.

In Georgia, Republican legislators have already discussed toughening the state’s rules on voting by mail and on voter identification. In Pennsylvania, Republican lawmakers are considering reversing moves that had made it easier to vote absentee, and their counterparts in Wisconsin are similarly considering tighter restrictions for mail voting, as well as for early voting.

If anything, Trump has given the movement to limit ballot access new momentum while becoming the singular, charismatic leader it never had.

After declaring outright that high levels of voting are bad for Republicans, he persuaded his base that the election system is rotten with fraud, and to view that fiction as a bedrock party principle. Several recent polls have shown that majorities of Republicans think the election was fraudulent, even as election officials across the country report that it went surprisingly smoothly even in a pandemic, with exceptionally high turnout and no evidence of fraud aside from the usual smattering of lone wolf bad actors or mistakes by well-intentioned voters....
Ick.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GA will soon pass laws that only allow rich white people to vote and a special law that absolves the president of the US for any type of election interference. They will also attempt to bring back the 3/5 ths method of counting their black citizens......not that they already do that.