Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ummm, you really should read beyond the first sentence if you're going to comment on an article.
... The lawsuit Feuerstein mentions actually took place in 2008 and was dismissed by the courts, Snopes points out....
Not that I care about or would have supported the lawsuit but "homosexual" is in some modern versions, arguably altering the original intent to suit modern prejudices.
... The angry evangelist’s complaint about a pastor's arrest is also inaccurate. He’s referring to ministers Donald and Evelyn Knapp, owners of the Hitching Post Wedding Chapel in Couer d'Alene, Idaho, who filed a federal lawsuit last year claiming that the city’s non-discrimination ordinances would force them to face jail time if they refused to perform same-sex weddings.

However, the Knapps were never actually threatened with arrest or fines, city officials said at the time. Additionally, the Knapps registered their business as a religious corporation, making it explicitly exempt from the non-discrimination law in the first place....
Why are gay obsessed (hmmm) Christians such liars? Don't they know that false witness is condemned in the Bible scores more times than homosexuality is?

Related - Gays in some fashion or another are mentioned 5 or 6 times while helping the poor is mentioned about 2000 times. Many modern Christian bigots ignore this disparity and vote for bigot pols that spit on the poor and work tirelessly to create more of them.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Bumped since I edited but the opportunity to just delete and re-post had expired.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

I was only commenting on the word 'homosexual' being in the Bible; the rest of the article didn't interest me enough to comment further.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not accurate, as usual:
Seth Milner wrote:... Sounds like a dead-end lawsuit, but I'm sure some lawyer will be glad to take the case. (and his money)
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

NPD wrote:Not accurate, as usual:
Seth Milner wrote:... Sounds like a dead-end lawsuit, but I'm sure some lawyer will be glad to take the case. (and his money)
Repeat: the rest of the article didn't interest me enough to comment further.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll: That's what I said.
Vrede too wrote:Ummm, you really should read beyond the first sentence if you're going to comment on an article....
As it was you goofed, but we know how you are about just admitting error.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Seth Milner wrote:I was only commenting on the word 'homosexual' being in the Bible; the rest of the article didn't interest me enough to comment further.
Vrede too wrote:Not accurate, as usual:
Vrede too wrote::roll: That's what I said.
Vrede too wrote:Ummm, you really should read beyond the first sentence if you're going to comment on an article....
As it was you goofed, but we know how you are about just admitting error.
NPD's a bitch, ain't it?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wouldn't know, but it can't be as bad as being too cowardly to just say, "Oops," when making a prediction that was made moot 7 years ago (!) and then sloppily lying about what you'd posted, Mr. Stalin. Your idiotic pop psychology delusions are no match for what everyone can see you did.

Of course, we all know from many, many forums that you're just regurgitating the current faddish whine of rightwingers as they desperately grasp for some excuse as to why they fail on facts, logic and reason - it's always someone else's fault for noticing that y'all are so incompetent.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Theater gunman built reputation as an angry provocateur

"Republican ... guns ... Confederate flag" - Yep.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:I wouldn't know, but it can't be as bad as being too cowardly to just say, "Oops," when making a prediction that was made moot 7 years ago (!) and then sloppily lying about what you'd posted, Mr. Stalin. Your idiotic pop psychology delusions are no match for what everyone can see you did.

Of course, we all know from many, many forums that you're just regurgitating the current faddish whine of rightwingers as they desperately grasp for some excuse as to why they fail on facts, logic and reason - it's always someone else's fault for noticing that y'all are so incompetent.
I can't believe how you're milking this dry. I only commented on the homosexuals in the Bible thing; I didn't predict or make any speculations otherwise. You said "Your idiotic pop psychology delusions are no match for what everyone can see you did." Obviously. Is that why everyone is tripping all over themselves to comment on or refute what I did? Your NPD is alive and well. Own it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:I was only commenting on the word 'homosexual' being in the Bible; the rest of the article didn't interest me enough to comment further.
Not accurate, as usual:
I wouldn't know, but it can't be as bad as being too cowardly to just say, "Oops," when making a prediction that was made moot 7 years ago (!) and then sloppily lying about what you'd posted, Mr. Stalin....
I can't believe how you're milking this dry. I only commented on the homosexuals in the Bible thing; I didn't predict or make any speculations otherwise....
Not accurate, as usual:
I apologize for using big words like "prediction" or thinking you might be able to comprehend your own posts. I guess "will be" are more words that have too many syllables for you.

I can believe how you're letting me milk this because your ego is too delicate to admit that your post was a screw up. Thank you, Dr. Phil Stalin.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: I can believe how you're letting me milk this because your ego is too delicate to admit that your post was a screw up. Thank you, Dr. Phil Stalin.
Only in your mind because your ego is too delicate to admit that you are a classic case of NPD. It doesn't take a psychologist, or even a janitor to deal with you any length of time before the essence of what you are surfaces. Own it Jerry Springer. And you're welcome.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I see, "will be" means 7 years ago on your planet. Your "journalism" must have been a hoot, and your English competence matches your Soviet psychology. It's simple - a Christian pastor lied and you swallowed it whole while being too lazy to read one paragraph further. Thanks again!
Vrede too wrote:... Of course, we all know from many, many forums that you're just regurgitating the current faddish whine of rightwingers as they desperately grasp for some excuse as to why they fail on facts, logic and reason - it's always someone else's fault for noticing that y'all are so incompetent.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:I see, "will be" means 7 years ago on your planet. Your "journalism" must have been a hoot, and your English competence matches your Soviet psychology. It's simple - a Christian pastor lied and you swallowed it whole while being too lazy to read one paragraph further.
And you're just regurgitating the same old slop over and over in your feeble attempt to prove your 'English competence', and scramble to get the last word. (grandiosity)

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity . . . People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.

NPD's a bitch, ain't it?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:I apologize for using big words like "prediction" or thinking you might be able to comprehend your own posts. I guess "will be" are more words that have too many syllables for you.

I can believe how you're letting me milk this because your ego is too delicate to admit that your post was a screw up. Thank you, Dr. Phil Stalin.
Thanks again!
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:Thanks again!
You're quite welcome; anything that'll keep your NPD appeased, Dr. Phil.
Vrede too wrote:. . .the current faddish whine of rightwingers as they desperately grasp for some excuse as to why they fail on facts, logic and reason.
Any presented fact, logic, or reason; right or wrong, will quickly be shot down by you due to your condescending NPD "I'm the only one that's right" attitude. What's the point in anyone posting facts, logic, or reason if they're not of your ilk? Seems I saw a photo of a fence post somewhere.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a real condition, but having it doesn't make a person unsuccessful - in fact a lot of successful people do have it to one degree or another.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration
Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Sounds like most name partners in law firms, surgeons, a large number of politicians, most senior execs in business and of course, The Donald.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:... Dr. Phil...

LOL, you're projecting again. Just like your incessant whining about my style when you attacked me before we had ever interacted, you're the one claiming to psych expertise when you have zero training or experience in it.

Any presented fact, logic, or reason; right or wrong, will quickly be shot down by you due to your condescending NPD "I'm the only one that's right" attitude. What's the point in anyone posting facts, logic, or reason if they're not of your ilk?

You should try posting "fact, logic, or reason" and see if your prediction is correct or if it's as dumb as predicting that some lawyer will take a case that was thrown out of court 7 years ago.

Seems I saw a photo of a fence post somewhere.

It's inapt to compare yourself to a fence post, they don't say the dumb and whiny things that you do.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To be accurate, I never posted that Narcissistic Personality Disorder can't lead to success. In fact, I said that it might be an advantage for investigative journalists. Rather, I posted that it's incongruous with long term success in my profession.
1312. ETTD.