Education thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Education thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:58 am
:ateeth:

I wish I had the ability to open up a taxpayer funded Satanic school. You would be my first hire, neoplacebo. You could repeat the miracle of loaves and fish slaps each week. Sourdough please.
Yeah, I was reading about this earlier this morning. But hell, yes, let's get to work immediately on the "Neosatanic But All Purpose Crazy Flaming Heart Of Satan Church." And let's agitate strongly for the Satanic Subsidy for a daycare center and a Satanic Cooperative that sells only hot peppers of many varieties.
:x I said that I would hire you, NOT name the school after you. I was thinking VredEvil Academy of Up Yours, SCOTUS. Whack9 can grow the hot hot peppers and wrangle Ag subsidies for 10 times their worth. Evil, right? We can name the daycare for you, though - Neosatanic Daycare for NeoHumans. :twisted:

O Really, presenting remotely when he feels like it, can be our lead Instructor of Evil. As a lawyer he'll be a natural. GoCubsGo - Athletics Director, duh. Only a Cubs fan can instill the level of stress, disappointment and misery we're aspiring to.

At $6,000/year/kid we'd be fools to not let billy.pilgrim franchise. Satanic kids fend for themselves just fine, we'll be able to get by providing less than $3,000/year/kid of "education".
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Florida does NOT give parents of homeschoolers 6000 dollars a year.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 am
Vrede too wrote:

I wish I had the ability to open up a taxpayer funded Satanic school. You would be my first hire, neoplacebo. You could repeat the miracle of loaves and fish slaps each week. Sourdough please.
Yeah, I was reading about this earlier this morning. But hell, yes, let's get to work immediately on the "Neosatanic But All Purpose Crazy Flaming Heart Of Satan Church." And let's agitate strongly for the Satanic Subsidy for a daycare center and a Satanic Cooperative that sells only hot peppers of many varieties.
:x I said that I would hire you, NOT name the school after you. I was thinking VredEvil Academy of Up Yours, SCOTUS. Whack9 can grow the hot hot peppers and wrangle Ag subsidies for 10 times their worth. Evil, right? We can name the daycare for you, though - Neosatanic Daycare for NeoHumans. :twisted:

O Really, presenting remotely when he feels like it, can be our lead Instructor of Evil. As a lawyer he'll be a natural. GoCubsGo - Athletics Director, duh. Only a Cubs fan can instill the level of stress, disappointment and misery we're aspiring to.

At $6,000/year/kid we'd be fools to not let billy.pilgrim franchise. Satanic kids fend for themselves just fine, we'll be able to get by providing less than $3,000/year/kid of "education".
Doh! Sorry to jump the satanic gun on naming the church. I can live with the daycare plan, though. I think I should also be designated music director; we'll even have the old Christian ballad "Washed in The Blood" as well as "Runnin' With the Devil" and "It's Not My Cross To Bear" and for lighter moods we can go with "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore." I have already begun work on some new tunes......one is "Take This Goddamn Asbestos Glider To Hell With You" which is almost finished. Also working on a couple of others with general themes of evil, fake piety, and one about how watermelons have the seeds of evil already implanted.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:44 pm
Doh! Sorry to jump the satanic gun on naming the church. I can live with the daycare plan, though. I think I should also be designated music director; we'll even have the old Christian ballad "Washed in The Blood" as well as "Runnin' With the Devil" and "It's Not My Cross To Bear" and for lighter moods we can go with "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore." I have already begun work on some new tunes......one is "Take This Goddamn Asbestos Glider To Hell With You" which is almost finished. Also working on a couple of others with general themes of evil, fake piety, and one about how watermelons have the seeds of evil already implanted.
:D Remember, kids love to sing rounds and everyone loves to listen to them doing it :roll: . Why not overall Recreation Director? You have so much that you could push, uhh offer. Evil, right?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:57 pm
Florida does NOT give parents of homeschoolers 6000 dollars a year.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough- ... 0-million/

“'So I can opt to homeschool my kids, and then I can get a card with basically $7,000-plus dollars,” said Allen Bridges. “I can choose to use that on services for my child or I can use it towards his college education.”

The $200 million expansion allows qualifying parents to use taxpayer-funded public school education dollars to pay for tuition and expenses at private and home schools."

Here's an old one. The 78K is up to 100.

"The voucher program for private, online and home-schooling has no accountability. The new bill, known as SB48, will merge five voucher programs into two new massive educational savings accounts, with wide discretion on how the money can be used. And the income eligibility has been expanded to 300% of poverty, which is $78,600 for a family of four.

Once eligible, always eligible. A family that qualifies for a scholarship for a first grader will keep that scholarship through 12th grade, even if the family income becomes flush."

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/opini ... 790458002/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I wonder what a good report from a Christian madrassa is worth.....earlier I was out on a high speed run with the devil. He kept telling me to pull over and let him out. I just laughed and stomped on the gas, told him to settle down and wait for the good stuff. He wanted to visit the supplicant sales manager but I told him it's not worth the trouble.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
... Have you tithed to your local xtian madrassa lately?

Sotomayor dissent rips Supreme Court for dismantling “wall of separation between church and state"
Critics say SCOTUS is "forcing American taxpayers to fund private religious education"

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:11 pm
I wonder what a good report from a Christian madrassa is worth.....earlier I was out on a high speed run with the devil. He kept telling me to pull over and let him out. I just laughed and stomped on the gas, told him to settle down and wait for the good stuff. He wanted to visit the supplicant sales manager but I told him it's not worth the trouble.
:lol: :thumbup:

All over Twitter are some versions of this:
You know how SCOTUS said Maine couldn’t exclude religious schools from their voucher program?

Maine just changed the guidelines to exclude schools that discriminate against LGBTQ+ students.
I can't find that Maine made any change, but it may have reiterated its existing policy:
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/s ... c4602.html

That could be read as preventing any taxpayer funds going to bigoted schools, which would be most of the xtian madrassas. -0-?

Our Satanic school won't discriminate. In fact, we'll encourage fully consensual experimentation so that graduates really know which team/s they want to play for.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

There's just nothing like equal opportunity.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

It's the equality that binds.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:01 pm
There's just nothing like equal opportunity.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:21 am
It's the equality that binds.
Wis. school board members dismissed book about Japanese American incarceration as being ‘unbalanced,’ parents say

It's the newest craze in US education - Uncritical White Racist Theory.
Well, they got the unbalanced part right, but it wasn't the book.
Sure - hide it all...
I grew up not knowing a lot about history. No holocaust was ever mentioned, slavery was a few days of "how Lincoln saved the world", acquiring the western us never brought up NA displacement, etc. I had a lot of shocks as i learned different aspects as an adult.
Japanese-Americans being detained? That was one of them.
An intelligent student may ask why Americans of Japanese descent were put in prison camps because of the actions of the Japanese military, yet Americans of German descent were not put in camps despite the actions of the German military slaughtering millions of people in concentration camps and in other actions considered war crimes. Racism against Asians is the answer to the question.
Let's pretend the U.S. government was fair, balanced, open and honest.
personally I tend to read the "banned books"
Trumper parent on seeing their kid with Anne Frank's Diary:

"Can we please get some balance and hear the story from the German perspective please!? This seems a little one sided."
When did Wisconsin become South Carolina?
Ouch.
Manifest destiny and American exceptionalism are alive and thriving in the minds of those who believe that America can do no wrong. Anyone that that expresses an opinion in opposition must be silenced.
Pretty soon slavery, internment camps, Chinese exclusion act, Native American fake treaties etc will not be learned in schools and the next generations will argue it never happened and a hoax like they do the Holocaust. This is GQP way of indoctrinating kids.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, trump famously said he loves the poorly educated. Republicans are working overtime to generate as many of them as they can. Any abortion is a lost opportunity.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: the Florida un-Education thread

While not as clever as the move in Texas to call slavery Involuntary Relocation, DeSantis is laying the foundation for real ignorance with his We Won't be Woke campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... rch-state/

"New civics training for Florida public school teachers comes with a dose of Christian dogma, some teachers say, and they worry that it also sanitizes history and promotes inaccuracies.

Included in the training is the statement that it is a “misconception” that “the Founders desired strict separation of church and state.”

Other materials included fragments of statements that were “cherry-picked” to"
create an imaginary world rivaling the Garden of Eden.

"In a possible effort to inoculate some Founding Fathers against contemporary political complaints, some slides in a presentation pointed out that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson repudiated slavery"
But the left out that both owned slaves and that at least one of the two kept one for sex.

"DeSantis says he’s fighting back against “woke indoctrination” of students by teachers from kindergarten to colleges. We’re unabashedly promoting civics and history that is accurate and that is not trying to push an ideological agenda,”'

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Education thread - preparing the serf edition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... ties-laws/

In his "efforts to remake higher education in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed laws that alter the tenure system, remove Florida universities from commonly accepted accreditation practices, and mandate annual “viewpoint diversity surveys” from students and faculty.

DeSantis (R) also pushed through legislation he dubbed the “Stop WOKE Act” that regulates what schools, including universities, and workplaces can teach about race and identity."

DeSantis "a staunch supporter of technical training and certification programs in Florida, noting the need for people who learn trades or skills in industries such as trucking logistics and medical assistance.

In June, DeSantis lauded work experience over “a magic piece of paper which likely would have cost too much anyway” when he signed a law allowing state agencies to substitute work experience, including military experience, for college degrees in hiring.

“Give me somebody that served eight years in the Navy or the Marine Corps. That education is going to be much more beneficial and pertinent than someone that went $100,000 in debt to get a degree in zombie studies,” DeSantis said."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

...says the Yale and Harvard grad.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:58 am
Because all the Yale and Harvard grads need a dumbed down set of worker ants.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:18 am
O Really wrote:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:36 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:18 am
O Really wrote:
:D
I know everyone's already translated the monk's chanting as "Blessed Lord Jesus, give them peace" or something along those lines, but with a more loose translation, it comes out as "Jesus Christ, make it stop". That's probably what the Pythons were going for when they had them chant it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

This list of school assignments makes you think maybe the school system haters have a point.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people- ... 02130.html

Example: "In fourth grade, we learned a bit about World War II, and the teacher divided us up into groups based on eye color and hair color. Then she was like, 'Congratulations light-haired blue-eyed kids, you get to live. Everyone else dies.' We were 9."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 pm
This list of school assignments makes you think maybe the school system haters have a point.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people- ... 02130.html

Example: "In fourth grade, we learned a bit about World War II, and the teacher divided us up into groups based on eye color and hair color. Then she was like, 'Congratulations light-haired blue-eyed kids, you get to live. Everyone else dies.' We were 9."
Not very age appropriate, but semi-accurate. I'm bothered more by the several racist, sexist, puritanical or homophobic exercises. They tell me that schools are too con, not too lib like the school system haters think.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

As one commenter pointed out, there's always going to be some weird stuff that happens, but the question would be how systemic the (racist/homophobic/misogynic/stupid) issues are. Some of the examples were clearly from ideas that may have sounded good at first, but weren't thought out very well. Others, such as teaching only girls home ec and teaching only "wifely" roles are bad. But probably they don't do that one anymore