Romney Wins Again

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Re: Romney Wins Again

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

bannination wrote:They were properly sourced. Did you find anything incorrect?
Colonel Taylor wrote:Do you ever read anything but left wing liberal rags?
bannination wrote:
keyboarder wrote:Like I said earlier, transscripts of the presidential activities were at the debate too, because the rep. party fact checkers were there with them. So that lie got debunked before they even left the debate. Too funny but it was there for anyone to see that was really looking.

...and much more debunked later....

http://www.politicususa.com/mitt-romney ... ebate.html
Just to number two and it answers it self. Why bother going any further.
GM and Chrysler did go through a managed bankruptcy.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Obama said the Libyan attack was an act of terror and he verified when he said it last night. Okay, I'll give him that one but the issue is not what name one wants to give to what happened; an act of terror. The issue is who and why his administration, that includes the State Department, elected to label the event as something it was not. The who? Organized terrorist! The why? They are at war with us? .....and the security issue?

It doesn't matter what part of Obama's administration screws up, it's his administration. I haven't heard him step forward and take responsibility. If he is convinced he is without fault then he should fire Hillary but he won't. To close to the election and he needs the Clinton (s) push; they go away and he's doomed for sure.

If Hillary is really serious about a run for POTUS in 2016, she should separate herself from Obama right now and walk away the battered insulator who took another fall for the guy who has gotten nothing but passes since he was elected our POTUS.

If Obama gets reelected he cannot run again in 2016 and she would have a lock on the dem nomination. If he loses and Romeny doesn't produce, he gets canned and she's in without a fight. If Romey wins and does produce, she will have to convince US voters she can do a better job.

The Piper
Red Shirt

Unread post by The Piper »

I don't think either would be deemed a clear cut winner. Both faltered, stammered, and changed the subject several times during the discourse of the debate. I realize they were under a lot of mental pressure to perform and give the people what they wanted to hear, and I daresay that any one of you who's posting on the various threads concerning debating could do one bit better.

Reality wrote:Obama said the Libyan attack was an act of terror and he verified when he said it last night. Okay, I'll give him that one but the issue is not what name one wants to give to what happened; an act of terror. The issue is who and why his administration, that includes the State Department, elected to label the event as something it was not. The who? Organized terrorist! The why? They are at war with us? .....and the security issue? It doesn't matter what part of Obama's administration screws up, it's his administration. I haven't heard him step forward and take responsibility. If he is convinced he is without fault then he should fire Hillary but he won't. To close to the election and he needs the Clinton (s) push; they go away and he's doomed for sure. If Hillary is really serious about a run for POTUS in 2016, she should separate herself from Obama right now and walk away the battered insulator who took another fall for the guy who has gotten nothing but passes since he was elected our POTUS. If Obama gets reelected he cannot run again in 2016 and she would have a lock on the dem nomination. If he loses and Romeny(sic) doesn't produce, he gets canned and she's in without a fight. If Romey(sic) wins and does produce, she will have to convince US voters she can do a better job.

What many fail to realize is that many events are, for security reasons, best kept "distorted" until the real facts are uncovered and it's safe to give out the details. (fwiw, I'm not aligned with any political party, nor are either of the current candidates deemed my favorite)
The tragedy in Libya and the reports that came out of Libya following the tragedy, had to be 'blanketed' until the U.S. had a clear-cut knowledge of what really happened, if nothing more than to give those responsible a 'comfort zone' whereas they could think they got away with their deed.

Are any of you gullible enough to think that our government tells it's people every little thing, and that what we are told is the absolute truth? It's not an "Obama thing", a "Bush thing", or something invented within the last 2-3 presidencies. We live on a "need to know" basis, and there's much we probably don't want to know!

Brother
Red Shirt

Unread post by Brother »

Reality wrote:Obama said the Libyan attack was an act of terror and he verified when he said it last night. Okay, I'll give him that one but the issue is not what name one wants to give to what happened; an act of terror. The issue is who and why his administration, that includes the State Department, elected to label the event as something it was not. The who? Organized terrorist! The why? They are at war with us? .....and the security issue?

It doesn't matter what part of Obama's administration screws up, it's his administration. I haven't heard him step forward and take responsibility. If he is convinced he is without fault then he should fire Hillary but he won't. To close to the election and he needs the Clinton (s) push; they go away and he's doomed for sure.

If Hillary is really serious about a run for POTUS in 2016, she should separate herself from Obama right now and walk away the battered insulator who took another fall for the guy who has gotten nothing but passes since he was elected our POTUS.

If Obama gets reelected he cannot run again in 2016 and she would have a lock on the dem nomination. If he loses and Romeny doesn't produce, he gets canned and she's in without a fight. If Romey wins and does produce, she will have to convince US voters she can do a better job.

You didn't hear the President "step forward and take responsibility" last night? They asked him was it hillary's fault and he emphatically said that Hillary worked for him and that ultimately everything was his responsibility.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Tertius wrote:Because Obama could not defend a horrific record. Romney had command of facts. Obama continued to talk in generalizations and dance around the truth. Romney's biggest advantage was the truth and Obama's failure to keep his '04 campaign promises. It became clear during the debate that states need to take responsibility like Romney did as governor. But, what one state prefers should not be forced on the nation.

Romney was pro-small business. Obama pro-big government. Obama demonstrated pure ignorance on basic business bookkeeping.

Obama interrupted and talked when it was not his turn. Romney was the better gentleman.
LOL.. Huge.. every word of that post is bullshit.. .
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Colonel Taylor wrote:Not only did she LIE for OBAMA she did it on CUE.
YOU and Rmoney are the liars.. .. .

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," - President Obama Sept. 12

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Ragin Rebel wrote: He has a soft spot for them.
The only soft spot Randy is the one in your head.. .. He was speaking of Muslim Americans..

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

I wish the only good injun is a dead injun concept would go away. Good point about the Westboro church lunatics. Come on people, surely we can judge people on who they are, not the race etc. they are. I worked for a Muslim doctor from Pakistan. everyone that knew him, admired and loved him. He was kind, compassionate and extremely smart. He is not responsible for the actions of a fringe group. Just as kind, caring loving Christians are not responsible for the actions of the Westboro dumbwits!

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

So why did Obama have to be placed on the American stage to admit his responsibility? The incident happened over a month ago.

Piper, I agree there's a need to know and it's not always the best approach to make snap judgements but such was not the case in the Libyan incident. Soon after and with intell to the contrary, the SOS said the incident was a reaction to the anti Islam video made by an American. Do you think she said that to buy time?

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

Romney is trigger quick when it comes to the the events in Lybia. He doesn't think before he opens his mouth. That is dangerous and can cause all kinds of hard feelings from those across the pond.

There are some things that cannot be told to the American public immediately. Of course, like others I want to know right now but that can be dangerous and bring on calamaties that we are not ready for.

As far as the debate went.... Obama won, Romney doesn't think before he opens his mouth. :)

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Reality wrote:So why did Obama have to be placed on the American stage to admit his responsibility? The incident happened over a month ago.
He maintained his responsibility for all in his administration from day one .. If you didn't hear about it.. then stop watching Fox News..

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Mama, I agree that one should not be "quick" to open one's mouth especially when what one says is wrong.

So, what's your take on the Administration's early call on the the cause of the incident. Would you say they spoke to soon but by doing so they "soothed" the Muslim world by saying it was due to what an American did or, does your criticism of speaking to soon only apply to Romney? Remember, this bru ha was started by a snap judgement call from the White House and the State Department.

If Obama has taken full responsibility then he condones the early lies that were told.

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

There is much out there about this incident. I am not sure about what is being said is true or not. My main thought is that as a politician we must not be too fast in making snap judgements about what is going on. Either side can make problems internationally if they are too quick to comment. I have a feeling that behind that Romney face there lies a quick temper. I may be wrong but............... -0-?

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Reality wrote: If Obama has taken full responsibility then he condones the early lies that were told.
Bullshit... I, after serving for decades in a position requiring full responsibility, can tell you for certain that "taking full responsibility" in no way infers that one must condone the actions of those under you.. .. .. .

ANYONE that has ever been in a similar situation is well aware of that fact.. ANYONE that claims otherwise is lying. ..

keyboarder
Red Shirt

Unread post by keyboarder »

Reality wrote:Mama, I agree that one should not be "quick" to open one's mouth especially when what one says is wrong.

So, what's your take on the Administration's early call on the the cause of the incident. Would you say they spoke to soon but by doing so they "soothed" the Muslim world by saying it was due to what an American did or, does your criticism of speaking to soon only apply to Romney? Remember, this bru ha was started by a snap judgement call from the White House and the State Department.

If Obama has taken full responsibility then he condones the early lies that were told.
From the moment that Barack and Hillary stepped out into the Rose Garden, I did not hear the incident called an act of terrorism until after the UN meeting. It was consistently referred to as a spontaneous attack by protestors who were offended by an American made film that made jest of their religion and their prophet. Words spoken cannot be taken back. I have no doubt that O and hillary felt an urgency to smooth the issue over until such a time when more would be known. They said very little but those were the words I heard. My problem was in the immediate departure of the president to attend one of his fund raising events. and an appearance with the view- things that could have waited until the problem of 4 deaths could have been dealt with. If O now claims terrorism was the act, it makes his leaving more critical, especially since everyone liberal claims that he called it terrorism the first day.

This is off main topic but i just heard on the radio that the moderator last night has retracted the statement that she made on the side of Obama.. More unraveling.
http://twitchy.com/2012/10/16/and-now-c ... act-check/

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

keyboarder wrote: It was consistently referred to as a spontaneous attack by protestors who were offended by an American made film that made jest of their religion and their prophet. .

You just can't keep from lying.. can you?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya

Rose Garden

10:43 A.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya. When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there. He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

END
10:48 A.M. EDT

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

To give you the benefit of the doubt.. likely the "version" you heard on Fox was, as typical for Fox.. dramatically edited.. Or maybe you're bigotry just has a problem with the President not referring to them as "muzzies"

blackfoot
Pilot Officer

Unread post by blackfoot »

Crock Hunter wrote:
Bullshit... I, after serving for decades in a position requiring full responsibility

Wishful thinking on your part, but a Wal-Mart Greeter doesn't count lizard boy.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Yes, the Moderator is in the walk back mode but what she did is a typical lib tactic because there will be more who heard what she said last night than will hear the walk back.

She and Matthews have "tingle" interference.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

blackfoot wrote:
Crock Hunter wrote:
Bullshit... I, after serving for decades in a position requiring full responsibility
but a Wal-Mart Greeter doesn't count lizard boy.
No one is talking about your work history.. .. but I would have thought you worked in Tires and Batteries.. at least you'd have some experience there .. :lol:

Brother
Red Shirt

Unread post by Brother »

Reality wrote:Yes, the Moderator is in the walk back mode but what she did is a typical lib tactic because there will be more who heard what she said last night than will hear the walk back.

She and Matthews have "tingle" interference.

What did she say that she has to "walk back?" He said what he said. She fast checked it right there and stopped the argument. The President told him to get the transcript and then he was just going to let Romney hang himself - which he did.