Super Bowl Ads

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Super Bowl Ads

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:59 pm
I'm not going to convert to xtianity, but I like the message and presentation of this one:

Foot Washing

A lot of people did not appreciate it:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ev ... r-BB1i8ayv
Count me among the :puke-left:

https://youtube.com/shorts/e_JOictUe78? ... yA_iXqL6MF
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:56 pm
:clap: :clap:

Best one, IMO.

He ignored the little girl's "Hi"s, twice. What a rude neighbor! ;)

GMA says that it was funded by Robert Kraft. Wiki doesn't explicitly confirm that yet, but his page has this:
Foundation to Combat Antisemitism

On October 30, 2022, the Foundation to Combat Antisemitism, which was founded by Kraft, sponsored an ad encouraging people to denounce hate against Jewish people. The ad aired during NFL games and was titled ”Stand Up to Jewish Hate”. This action came in response to antisemitic comments made by Kanye West and later Kyrie Irving. He invested $25 million in the "Stand Up to Jewish Hate" campaign which launched through the foundation in March 2023 to raise awareness concerning antisemitism found online. The foundation's executive director indicated that ads would air during the NFL draft, NBA and NHL playoffs as well as by social media influencers.
Good on Kraft, words I've probably never posted or uttered before.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Perhaps obvious, but still clever:

Pretty fancy for 2 seconds in:

Can’t B Broken (Extended)

Meh, but I like the BarBey image.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:05 pm
Kennedy for fucking president?

Is he still even running? :lol:
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Apologizes For Controversial $7 Million Super Bowl Ad
The independent candidate told his family he was sorry after the Super Bowl ad aired.

A $7 million Super Bowl ad touting Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s run for president prompted an apology from the independent candidate. (Watch the video below.)
You'll have to go to the article, I'm not showing his ad.
The ad, produced by a super PAC backing Kennedy, American Values 2024, borrowed heavily from a 1960 spot for his uncle John F. Kennedy’s winning presidential bid. It uses the same jingle and co-opts the vintage vibe.

RFK Jr. shared the ad on X but hours later added an apology to his family after his cousin, Bobby Shriver, the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, slammed the ad. “She would be appalled by his deadly health care views,” Bobby Shriver wrote.
How apologetic?
Notably, the ad not only remained on RFK Jr.’s account — but was pinned to the top of his profile as of Monday morning.
:roll: Figures.
“I’m so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain,” Kennedy wrote. “The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you.”
:bs: No one adheres to that law and the FEC never enforces it. Lying is sinful.
... Robert Shrum, a speechwriter for the late former Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), said the ad was “plagiarism” while adding on X: “Bobby, you’re no John Kennedy.′ Instead you are a Trump ally.”
:---P
Kennedy, whose anti-vax views align with many conservatives, was grabbing 14% of the general vote in a recent poll that imagined a five-person ballot in November. That positions him as a potential spoiler for the expected main candidates, President Joe Biden and his criminally indicted rival, former President Donald Trump.
Who is Kennedy robbing more votes from?
'Twas a simpler time.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:59 pm
I'm not going to convert to xtianity, but I like the message and presentation of this one:

Foot Washing

A lot of people did not appreciate it:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ev ... r-BB1i8ayv
Count me among the :puke-left:

https://youtube.com/shorts/e_JOictUe78

:laughing-rolling:

“Jesus didn’t teach hate." But the folks funding the ads do - worker repression, misogyny, homo and transphobia, etc.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/he-gets- ... 721d6188e5

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, it's BigPharmas, but still . . . :clap:

Pfizer Commercial – Here’s to Science – Extended Cut

Here’s to science. Here’s to the next fight.
Learn more at https://letsoutdocancer.com
Maybe my 2nd favorite SB ad.
Pfizer Super Bowl Ad Debut Fights Cancer With Science and Queen
The pharmaceutical company celebrates 175 years and a $43 billion oncology acquisition by showing commitment to treatment

If you’re Pfizer and you’re dedicating your first Super Bowl ad to fighting cancer, how do you get the message across without bringing down more than 100 million people across the country?

Crank up the Queen.

.... Those depicted in the portraits, sculptures, paintings, magazine covers, sepia-toned photographs and museum exhibits that begin lip syncing to Freddie Mercury include:

Sir Isaac Newton
Archimedes
Rembrandt van Rijn’s The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp
Pfizer founders Charles Pfizer and Charles F. Erhart
Rosalind Franklin
Copernicus
Marie Maynard Daly
Hippocrates
Mary Somerville
Galileo
Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit
Albert Einstein
Dr. Katalin Karikó

If “Don’t Stop Me Now” could survive a zombie apocalypse, a season of American Idol and use in almond milk, makeup and Amazon 2019 Super Bowl ads, surely it could help viewers get to scenes of a child’s successful cancer treatment—and the prompt for Pfizer’s LetsOutdoCancer.com site. When Pfizer tested the ad with audiences, it landed in the top 25% of all Super Bowl ads aired since 2020 and Top 5 of 1,400 comparable pharmaceutical ads.
:thumbup: I agree.
... Even as deaths from cancer in the U.S. have decreased 33% since the 1990s, the American Cancer Society noted that an aging, growing population is leading to a rise in overall diagnoses. Those same factors will yield 28.4 million new cancer cases around the world by 2040, while one in three people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime....
Crap.
1312. ETTD.