Like Father Like Son

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
mama
Red Shirt

Like Father Like Son

Unread post by mama »

STERLING, Va — Mitt Romney’s eldest son Tagg Romney said that the sometimes heated moments during the campaign make him want to “take a swing” at President Obama.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... president/

Guess he inherited his father's temper honestly. :D

We don't need a president who opens is mouth without thinking of the consequences. :cry:

Apache
Red Shirt

Re: Like Father Like Son

Unread post by Apache »

Tagg is young, he has time to mellow, not so much for Romney. Obama's calmness is mistaken at times for arrogance, but I prefer a calm and well thought process before that red button is mashed!

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

In an interview with Good Housekeeping Ann Romney stated that Mitt has been working on his temper for some time. Like father, like son.

keyboarder
Red Shirt

Unread post by keyboarder »

I find their candid remarks refreshing. that they will admit to being human is just something else we'll have to get used to if romney is elected.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

keyboarder wrote:I find their candid remarks refreshing. that they will admit to being human is just something else we'll have to get used to if romney is elected.
That and arrogant disdain for 47% of Americans.. .
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

We do not punish people in this country for things they would like to do. But, it seems Democrats will scorn honesty.

keyboarder
Red Shirt

Unread post by keyboarder »

Tertius wrote:We do not punish people in this country for things they would like to do. But, it seems Democrats will scorn honesty.
LOL...........and healthy incentives

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Tertius wrote: it seems Democrats will scorn honesty.
SCORN?.. are you insane..?? Democrats, Liberals, Independents, Conservatives, Normal Folk would WELCOME honesty from ANY of the right-wing extremists that have hijacked the Republican Party.. .. .

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Hmmm...let's see. The father of our current POTUS is a dead beat Dad but there doesn't seem to be any concern that our POTUS exhibits, or has exhibited, dead beat dad tendacies.

Although not tied directly to Obama or his family/immediate friends, death threats have and are being made against Romney. Where's the rage?

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

Don't they all get death threats? I think it goes with the territory.

Brother
Red Shirt

Unread post by Brother »

I would hope that any parent would admonish their child that said they wanted to "take a swing" at the President of the United States. If they don't they are just promoting disrespect. But then look who we are talking about - the man that told the President to be quiet and he would get his turn....

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Brother wrote:I would hope that any parent would admonish their child that said they wanted to "take a swing" at the President of the United States. If they don't they are just promoting disrespect. But then look who we are talking about - the man that told the President to be quiet and he would get his turn....
Tagg is from a family where they see themselves as above rules... At this last debate.. it took Rmoney less than 5 minutes to break the rules he agreed to..

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Crock Hunter wrote:
Brother wrote:I would hope that any parent would admonish their child that said they wanted to "take a swing" at the President of the United States. If they don't they are just promoting disrespect. But then look who we are talking about - the man that told the President to be quiet and he would get his turn....
Tagg is from a family where they see themselves as above rules... At this last debate.. it took Rmoney less than 5 minutes to break the rules he agreed to..
The First Lady doesn't think she needs to obey the rules, either.

:mrgreen:

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Wneglia wrote:
Crock Hunter wrote:
Yea... but then Michelle wasn't a participant.. was she.. .

Looks like she and most of the audience delighted in seeing Rmoney have one of his premium lies shoved up his ascot.. .. 8-)

Brother
Red Shirt

Unread post by Brother »

Wneglia wrote:
Crock Hunter wrote:

:mrgreen:

OH NO! 'Iliicit applause!' I clapped myself. I think a lot of people did. How petty for somebody to write a damn article about it.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

About as petty as the Obama campaign trying to make an issue of the "binder". The dems are desperate if this is all they have. Anybody who thinks this was a slam against women is an order of fries short of a happy meal. Any excecutive who needs to make a choice wants a summary of options. Do any of our brilliant lib friends know what process Obama used to fill his key positions? Did he have a binder for "Communists" that included Van Jones?

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Supsalemgr wrote:About as petty as the Obama campaign trying to make an issue of the "binder". The dems are desperate if this is all they have. Anybody who thinks this was a slam against women is an order of fries short of a happy meal. Any excecutive who needs to make a choice wants a summary of options. Do any of our brilliant lib friends know what process Obama used to fill his key positions? Did he have a binder for "Communists" that included Van Jones?
If this isn't a sign of the deepest desperation I have no idea what is.
If a women doesn't now that a binder is used to hold names and folders and even resumes they are to dumb to vote. :roll: Which is exactly what he was talking of.

Brother
Red Shirt

Unread post by Brother »

This just goes right over yall's heads doesn't it? That is just sad.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:Mitt was a Vietnam hawk, but didn't enlist. Tagg wanted to “take a swing” at President Obama, but didn't punch anybody and has not served in the military. Have any of Mitt's kids?

Like Father Like Sons.
What does his kids and the service have to do with anything? Did Obama serve? We know his father did Obama said so. :lol:

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Vrede wrote:Mitt was a Vietnam hawk, but didn't enlist. Tagg wanted to “take a swing” at President Obama, but didn't punch anybody and has not served in the military. Have any of Mitt's kids?

Like Father Like Sons.
What does his kids and the service have to do with anything?

The lib desperation is getting pretty bad.

Like Father Like Sons. Pay attention.

Did Obama serve?

Whoosh. Was Obama a hawk encouraging others to kill and die at the same time he was dodging service like Mitten did?

Does sending Ambassadors to foreign countries and deny proper forces to protect them count?

We know his father did Obama said so. :lol:
His prime father figure did, unlike Mitt, the father of Tagg.