Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

One Menacing Call After Another: Threats Against Lawmakers Surge

... A plurality of the cases reviewed by The Times, more than a third, involved Republican or pro-Trump individuals threatening Democrats or Republicans they found insufficiently loyal to the former president, with upticks around Trump’s first impeachment and, later, the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol last year. In some cases leading up to Congress’ official count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, callers left messages with lawmakers in both parties warning them to keep Trump in office or face violence.

Nearly a quarter of the cases were Democrats threatening Republicans. Many of those threats were driven by anger over lawmakers’ support for Trump and his policies, including Republican attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, as well as the drive to confirm one of his Supreme Court nominees, Brett Kavanaugh....

Other cases had no discernible partisan leanings or were driven by delusion or wild conspiracy theories, such as the belief embraced by QAnon that Democrats are part of a satanic cult.

Overall, threats against members of Congress reached a record high of 9,600 last year, according to data provided by the Capitol Police, double the previous year’s total. In the first three months of 2021 alone, the Capitol Police fielded more than 4,100 threats against lawmakers in the House and Senate, straining the law enforcement personnel tasked with investigating them....
:angry-banghead: Modern America sucks. Do we keep devolving - to what end - or not?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:45 pm

:angry-banghead: Modern America sucks. Do we keep devolving - to what end - or not?
It's beyond the point of no return. And I think it's a good time to be old. I would really hate being 20 now. But if I was, I wouldn't live in America. Maybe Canada, maybe Australia, maybe England, maybe Turks & Caicos or some other island. But not America.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:45 pm

It's beyond the point of no return. And I think it's a good time to be old. I would really hate being 20 now. But if I was, I wouldn't live in America. Maybe Canada, maybe Australia, maybe England, maybe Turks & Caicos or some other island. But not America.
I keep after my kid to move, but he loves his job.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I lived in Greece a couple of years during the rule of the military junta. I'd say life was probably better than it would be in a second Trump administration*. No exaggeration.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:23 am
I lived in Greece a couple of years during the rule of the military junta. I'd say life was probably better than it would be in a second Trump administration*. No exaggeration.
I lived in Guatemala for a month while a military junta was in power.

I became aware of one person running scared from the authorities there.

Also heard some gunfire at night.

And on a bus from Guatemala City to Mexico, we got stopped frequently by troops walking up and down the aisles, probably looking for anti-junta persons. I was kind of relieved to be out of there. Mexico seemed so safe and civilized by comparison.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

All my visits to the Philippines were during the time of Marcos and martial law. You had to be off the streets by midnight or risk being shot on sight. Everybody obeyed this mandate but I doubt any of Marcos' henchmen would intentionally shoot an American. At that time the US was giving him nearly a billion dollars a year just in rent for two military bases. In contrast, Japan had no hesitation at all to prosecute Americans for any violation of law there. In Japan, the status of forces agreement gave Japan the sole authority over US personnel who commit crimes there.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 am
All my visits to the Philippines were during the time of Marcos and martial law. You had to be off the streets by midnight or risk being shot on sight. Everybody obeyed this mandate but I doubt any of Marcos' henchmen would intentionally shoot an American. At that time the US was giving him nearly a billion dollars a year just in rent for two military bases. In contrast, Japan had no hesitation at all to prosecute Americans for any violation of law there. In Japan, the status of forces agreement gave Japan the sole authority over US personnel who commit crimes there.
I was in Japan on business in the 90's, for about a month. Shikoku. When I was done with my corporate duties, I managed to visit a famous castle (Matsuyama, as I recall) and also make it to Osaka for some sight seeing. Never had a problem with the local police. But then I didn't have an uncontrollable stomping fetish, either. Shikoku has the nickname of "The Garden Isle", and it was quite pretty in many places. Never made it to Tokyo.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Guns, Jesus and Babies

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Here she shows off her loud fast talking skills

Oh, and she’s expected to win

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

More from the crazy lady
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:56 am
Here she (Taylor) shows off her loud fast talking skills

Nah.

Georgia Governor - Republican Primary, May 24, 2022
RCP Average 12/6 - 2/13: Kemp 42.0, Perdue 36.7, Taylor 3.7
Erskine doesn't even register.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:38 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:56 am
Here she (Taylor) shows off her loud fast talking skills

Nah.

Georgia Governor - Republican Primary, May 24, 2022
RCP Average 12/6 - 2/13: Kemp 42.0, Perdue 36.7, Taylor 3.7
Erskine doesn't even register.
I must have a bad source. She's so scary, it was easy to believe.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Jesus, Guns and Babies? :laughing-rolling:

Jesus founded our country? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

She's got 22,000 Twitter followers....it's a movement!

https://mobile.twitter.com/KandissTaylo ... _&ref_url=
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 am

:D Speaking of Jesus gun babies:
Kyle Rittenhouse says he’s going to sue Whoopi Goldberg and other 'politicians, celebrities, athletes'

Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen who was acquitted of all charges in the shooting deaths of two protesters in Kenosha, Wis., appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight Monday where he announced plans to sue individuals and media companies for negative coverage of him. Rittenhouse had traveled to Kenosha with an assault-style rifle and subsequently shot and killed two protesters in the summer of 2020....
Good luck with that, ammosexual asshole. 'Not guilty' does not equal tort victories. Grow up and deal with people saying mean things about you, murderer.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:52 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 am

:D Speaking of Jesus gun babies:
Kyle Rittenhouse says he’s going to sue Whoopi Goldberg and other 'politicians, celebrities, athletes'

Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen who was acquitted of all charges in the shooting deaths of two protesters in Kenosha, Wis., appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight Monday where he announced plans to sue individuals and media companies for negative coverage of him. Rittenhouse had traveled to Kenosha with an assault-style rifle and subsequently shot and killed two protesters in the summer of 2020....
Good luck with that, ammosexual asshole. 'Not guilty' does not equal tort victories. Grow up and deal with people saying mean things about you, murderer.
The prick who got the bad press about his interactions with a native American got a crazy amount of money. This could be a real revenue stream for this punk.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Arizona Governor Says He’d Rather Have a White Nationalist in State Legislature than a Democrat
Doug Ducey spent $500,000 to help elect Wendy Rogers — a lawmaker who’s making common cause with overt racists. He’s apparently just fine with that decision

... Rogers is scheduled to speak Friday at the America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC), the Mirror reported last week. AFPAC is an annual gathering of far-right figures organized by white nationalist Nick Fuentes, whom Rogers has praised in social media posts more than two dozen times, according to Left Coast Right Watch, an extremist monitoring group. Rogers promoted the event on Telegram last week, the Daily Beast reported.

Rogers has intertwined herself with the Q-Anon crowd, has espoused racist “great replacement” theories, has called for Christian theocracy, and is a member of the paramilitary group the Oath Keepers. She is also a ‘Big Lie’ proponent, falsely claiming that the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent....
:puke-left: Oh well, at least Gov Ducey is honest about being a fascist douche.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:28 am
"And I'm ready to bang Georgia".

Gimme a break. She probably already has banged half the state.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:07 pm
(hateful stupidity)
Thanks, I didn't have an example of your vile sexism to go along with your other bigotries.
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:07 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:23 am
Even though he lost we're kind of in the second Trump term.
10 dead in mass shooting at supermarket, suspect arraigned

A teenage gunman wearing military gear and livestreaming with a helmet camera opened fire with a rifle at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket in what authorities described as “racially motived violent extremism,” killing 10 people and wounding three others Saturday before he surrendered, authorities said.

Police officials said the 18-year-old gunman, who is white, was wearing body armor and military-style clothing when he pulled up and opened fire at people at a Tops Friendly Market, the shooting streamed via a camera affixed to the man's helmet.

“He exited his vehicle. He was very heavily armed. He had tactical gear. He had a tactical helmet on. He had a camera that he was livestreaming what he was doing,” city Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a news conference afterward.

Gramaglia said the gunman initially shot four people outside the store, three fatally. Inside the store, a security guard who was a retired Buffalo police officer fired multiple shots at the gunman and struck him, but the bullet hit the gunman’s bulletproof vest and had no effect, Gramaglia added. The commissioner said the gunman then killed the security guard.

Video also captured the suspect as he walked into the supermarket where he shot several other victims inside, according to authorities.

Police said 11 of the victims were Black and two are white. The supermarket is in a predominantly Black neighborhood a few miles (kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo....

At the earlier news briefing, Erie County Sheriff John Garcia pointedly called the shooting a hate crime.

“This was pure evil. It was straight up racially motivated hate crime from somebody outside of our community, outside of the City of Good neighbors ... coming into our community and trying to inflict that evil upon us," Garcia said.

Elsewhere, NAACP President Derrick Johnson issued a statement in which he called the shooting “absolutely devastating." ...
:cry: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.