Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Explosion in Nashville that damaged 20 buildings, injured 3 likely to be 'intentional act'

Authorities believe an explosion that occurred in downtown early Christmas morning and was felt for miles was an "intentional act" sparked by a vehicle.

Police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle parked outside the AT&T building just before 6 a.m. Upon arrival, police said an officer "had reason" to alert the department's hazardous devices unit, which was en route, when a "significant explosion" happened.

Three people were hospitalized with injuries, police said. At least 20 buildings were estimated to be damaged due to the explosion.

Police and firefighters responded to an area near Second Avenue and Commerce Street about 6:45 a.m. Friday. Officials are on the scene trying to put out the fire and see if anyone is inside the building....

"One more event in Nashville's 2020," he (Mayor John Cooper) said....
6:45 a.m. on Xmas morning - looks like casualties were not the goal. Guesses as to perp/s? Mine, in descending order:

Right-wing
Personal grudge against AT&T
Personal grudge against other nearby entity
Other
Xtian extremist
Muslim extremist
Left-wing
Angry note from neoplacebo caused spontaneous explosion
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:18 am
Explosion in Nashville that damaged 20 buildings, injured 3 likely to be 'intentional act'

Authorities believe an explosion that occurred in downtown early Christmas morning and was felt for miles was an "intentional act" sparked by a vehicle.

Police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle parked outside the AT&T building just before 6 a.m. Upon arrival, police said an officer "had reason" to alert the department's hazardous devices unit, which was en route, when a "significant explosion" happened.

Three people were hospitalized with injuries, police said. At least 20 buildings were estimated to be damaged due to the explosion.

Police and firefighters responded to an area near Second Avenue and Commerce Street about 6:45 a.m. Friday. Officials are on the scene trying to put out the fire and see if anyone is inside the building....

6:45 a.m. on Xmas morning - looks like casualties were not the goal. Guesses as to perp/s? Mine, in descending order:

Right-wing
Other
Xtian extremist
Muslim extremist
Left-wing
Solar's head exploding?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:36 am
Solar's head exploding?
No one should smoke while taking a dump in a tiny RV bathroom.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:50 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:36 am
Solar's head exploding?
No one should smoke while taking a dump in a tiny RV bathroom.
:lol: :lol:
Funny - but I never thought of that. Not that we smoke or even have a "tiny" bathroom, but it got me thinking. There are a couple of things that might affect the risk, if any. One is that human poop may not generate the methane that cow poop does, and it's also sitting in liquid, usually with a decomposing chemical. Also, there's a valve that is closed except during flushing that would probably cut down the gassy leak. But it's still funny to think of the possibility. "Florida Man" would probably be the one to try it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:00 pm
:lol: :lol:
Funny - but I never thought of that. Not that we smoke or even have a "tiny" bathroom, but it got me thinking. There are a couple of things that might affect the risk, if any. One is that human poop may not generate the methane that cow poop does, and it's also sitting in liquid, usually with a decomposing chemical. Also, there's a valve that is closed except during flushing that would probably cut down the gassy leak. But it's still funny to think of the possibility. "Florida Man" would probably be the one to try it.
It would have made a fun MythBusters episode - RV head and/or outhouse.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Local right wing pols are saying lefties did it.
Traveling all day, but don't see this in news.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/l ... 044635001/

" Police came across a suspicious RV parked outside a nearby AT&T building near Second Avenue and Commerce Street before 6 a.m., when initially responding to calls of shots fired in the area, according to Metro police spokesperson Don Aaron.

There was no evidence of any shooting, but officers and witnesses heard a broadcast coming from the RV giving a dire warning: “Evacuate now. There is a bomb. A bomb is in this vehicle and will explode."

Then, the voice started a 15-minute countdown"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:18 am

Right-wing
Other
Xtian extremist
Muslim extremist
Left-wing
:shock: At least I'm not in the top five.....I expect your first place choice is correct. This will be found to be an act of trumpist cult derangement syndrome (TCDS) and is, in fact, the vanguard of numerous other similar events that will occur near, on, or after Jan 20.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:14 pm
Local right wing pols are saying lefties did it....
They always say that because they know that it's far more likely to be a righty than a lefty, if it was even political.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:38 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:14 pm
Local right wing pols are saying lefties did it....
They always say that because they know that it's far more likely to be a righty than a lefty, if it was even political.
I have trouble seeing a trumpette doing this without advertising his love for trump.

at&t was the target and an effort was made to not cause harm to innocent people. Does that really sound like a kkk, or other pro-trump hate group?

Kinda amazing that an old RV without plates could sit on 2nd Ave in downtown from 1 am until 6 am without a cop checking it out.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The recorded voice sounds like a woman.
Not sure why (bias?), but I hadn't imagined a woman.
But then too - I'm tone deaf and have lousy hearing - I blame pop festivals and drugs.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:19 am
The recorded voice sounds like a woman.
Not sure why (bias?), but I hadn't imagined a woman.
But then too - I'm tone deaf and have lousy hearing - I blame pop festivals and drugs.
Sounds like a woman to me, too, and I was also surprised by it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Anthony Quinn Warner Named as Nashville Bombing Person of Interest

Highlights:
Not certain that he's the perp;
May have been a suicide attack;
63-year-old white, suburban, small business owner;
No info yet on his politics or possible motive.

I've always thought that we need to profile old white male RV owners. ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

He hated 5G

Crazy idiot forum is saying that Anthony Quinn Warner is code for American Q War.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:54 pm
He hated 5G

Crazy idiot forum is saying that Anthony Quinn Warner is code for American Q War.
Which one is the crazy idiot forum?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:54 pm
He hated 5G

Which one is the crazy idiot forum?
Good question.

There are so many.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nashville-ex ... 26146.html
... In publicly identifying the suspect and his fate, officials disclosed a major breakthrough in their investigation even as they acknowledged the lingering mystery behind the explosion, which took place on a holiday morning well before downtown streets were bustling with activity and was accompanied by a recorded announcement warning anyone nearby that a bomb would soon detonate.

Then, for reasons that may never be known, the audio switched to a recording of Petula Clark’s 1964 hit “Downtown” shortly before the blast....
:confusion-scratchheadblue: My mom and I loved that song, but he should have chosen country rather than pop. Otoh, she's going to see a spike in royalties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4d_0EJRFIM
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/444/Board- ... missioners

Scroll down to just above the fat goober commissioners picture and look at this milita insanity.

Y'all may want to print your own ID.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
https://www.santarosa.fl.gov/444/Board- ... missioners

Scroll down to just above the fat goober commissioners picture and look at this milita insanity.

Y'all may want to print your own ID.
I wonder what the "rights and benefits accorded" are. Do they include a beach parking pass?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Too fricking funny. Proud Boys reservations at their DC hotel base for 1/6 - cancelled and true to form they are throwing hissy fits.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporters-2649687652/

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 am
Too fricking funny. Proud Boys reservations at their DC hotel base for 1/6 - cancelled and true to form they are throwing hissy fits.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporters-2649687652/
And here we thought the righties didn't like cancel culture.
"F*CK HOTEL HARRINGTON," wrote another. "THEY CANCELED OUR ROOMS... THEN WE'LL CANCEL THEIR BUSINESS. NOBODY BOOK WITH THEM, THEY WILL F*CK YOU OVER!!!"