GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:15 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:39 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:28 pm
So where is this goCubs person of little faith?
-0-? Maybe try quoting him if you can find an old post so that he gets the notification?
PM sent
:P

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to college basketball until tourney time.

But if the Wildkitties win tonight you may be hearing from me. :twisted:
If you are interested in stats

https://cancunchallenge.net/sidearmstats/mbball/summary
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: College basketball

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:11 pm

If you are interested in stats

https://cancunchallenge.net/sidearmstats/mbball/summary
I actually don't even get the game here.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

CBS Sports Network

Knotted at the half
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 pm
All Tigers early 13 to 6

Your #34 is huge
34 Matthew Nicholson C 7' 0" 255 lbs Junior 2V
19-19 at the half, a HS girls score. :P
(hey, I wanna trash talk, too)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Aztecs tanked last night against Arizona. Hopefully they'll do better with Arkansas. At least nobody will be accusing them of a soft schedule.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:40 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 pm
All Tigers early 13 to 6

Your #34 is huge
34 Matthew Nicholson C 7' 0" 255 lbs Junior 2V
19-19 at the half, a HS girls score. :P
(hey, I wanna trash talk, too)
He should be playing tight end

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:17 pm
I actually don't even get the game here.
Ouch, nail biter, and about as poor scoring as the 1st half.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Damn that was close.
Wendel, a usual big 3 point guy, finished with 2 points and that was in the last 2 minutes.

43 to 42

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 pm
Damn that was close.
Wendel, a usual big 3 point guy, finished with 2 points and that was in the last 2 minutes.

43 to 42
Did everyone forget how to shoot?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:35 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 pm
Damn that was close.

43 to 42
Did everyone forget how to shoot?
Appears so.

Last night we scored 85

FG 3P FT
Total 31-55 8-17 15-20
56.4 % 47.1 % 75.0 %

Tonight 43
FG. 3P. FT
Total 13-50 5-21 12-18
26.0 % 23.8 % 66.7 %

Maybe too much Cancun

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:45 pm
Aztecs tanked last night against Arizona. Hopefully they'll do better with Arkansas. At least nobody will be accusing them of a soft schedule.
OT, so close. Damn Hogs.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

'Heels snuck off with a win over Portland.
Portland? 4-3 powerhouse?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Everything I didn't know about the Billiken kewpie, plus, they appear to be a pretty good team and are playing Auburn today at 2.

Wikipedia
"The Billiken is a charm doll created by an American art teacher and illustrator, Florence Pretz of Kansas City, Missouri, who is said to have seen the mysterious figure in a dream.[1] It is believed that Pretz found the name Billiken in Bliss Carman's 1896 poem "Mr. Moon: A Song Of The Little People". In 1908, she obtained a design patent on the ornamental design of the Billiken,[2] which she sold to the Billiken Company of Chicago. The Billiken was monkey-like with pointed ears, a mischievous smile and a tuft of hair on his pointed head. His arms were short and he was generally sitting with his legs stretched out in front of him. Billiken is known as "The God of Things as They Ought to Be".

To buy a Billiken was said to give the purchaser luck, but to receive one as a gift would be better luck.[3] The image was copyrighted and a trademark was put on the name. After a few years of popularity, the Billiken faded into obscurity. Although they are similar, the Billiken and the baby-like kewpie figures that debuted in the December 1909 Ladies' Home Journal are not the same.

Today, the Billiken is the official mascot of Saint Louis University and St. Louis University High School, both Jesuit institutions located in St. Louis.[4] The Billiken is also the official mascot of the Royal Order of Jesters,[5] an invitation only Shriner group, affiliated with Freemasonry. The Billiken also became the namesake of Billiken Shokai, the Japanese toy & model manufacturing company (established 1976)."

"Variations appeared, such as the "Teddy-Billiken Doll" and the Billycan/Billycant"

I'm more in favor of the Billycan't

O Really
Admiral

Watching the deliberations of a mascot-selection committee must be great fun. SNL could do a good rendition, I'm sure.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am
Watching the deliberations of a mascot-selection committee must be great fun. SNL could do a good rendition, I'm sure.
You may not have kept up, but the ol miss rebel to brown bear and back again was fun to watch and carried on for several years.
Today if you call one of them a rebel brown bear they return a bewildered look that clearly says they've never heard of the brown bear mascot.

? on mascots
Everyone has so much fun calling Auburn the war eagles, as Brad seemed to enjoy calling us during the game yesterday. No big deal to me. We are clearly the Tigers and have been since or 1st football game. War Eagle is a cheer that came out of school history.

So why don't the bammer haters call the the elephants - their mascot is a guy in an elephant suit?

Maybe bammer haters have more class than bammer supporters.

O Really
Admiral

Nothing says a school can't have more than one symbol. My own alma maters come to mind: UNC "Tarheels" have a Ram; Miami "Hurricanes" use a lame duck-looking Ibis. Both of those are teams with a name that can't be easily portrayed. What - you're going to have a guy wearing a big black foot? Maybe that's the same with the Crimson Tide. But yeah, I'd call them the elephants if they're going to get snippy with that magnificent eagle.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:40 am
Everything I didn't know about the Billiken kewpie, plus, they appear to be a pretty good team and are playing Auburn today at 2.

Wikipedia
"... Today, the Billiken is the official mascot of Saint Louis University ..."

Nov 19 (23) Maryland stomped them 95 - 67.

Both mascots are pretty good.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:49 pm
Nothing says a school can't have more than one symbol. My own alma maters come to mind: UNC "Tarheels" have a Ram; Miami "Hurricanes" use a lame duck-looking Ibis. Both of those are teams with a name that can't be easily portrayed. What - you're going to have a guy wearing a big black foot? Maybe that's the same with the Crimson Tide. But yeah, I'd call them the elephants if they're going to get snippy with that magnificent eagle.
I don't mind their fans doing it face to face with me, or wherever they want to, but EDPN's Gary Danielson, Brad Nessler and David Pollock using it on national TV sucks, unless someone is also calling bammer the elephants.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:59 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:40 am

Wikipedia
"... Today, the Billiken is the official mascot of Saint Louis University ..."

Nov 19 (23) Maryland stomped them 95 - 67.

Both mascots are pretty good.
No stomping in Auburn today. I think there may have been 12 or 15 lead swaps, but our home court win streak is now 43 straight over non sec teams.

UNC is having a tough time against bammer and their refs.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

UA v UNC = WTF