SPORTS!!!

O Really
Admiral

Re: SPORTS!!!

Unread post by O Really »

So Lady O and I ventured into the gym today. We hadn't been to a real gym since just before the first SIYFH order. And really didn't think we'd be going anytime soon, given that gyms are often listed up there right after bars and churches as covid petri dishes. But Planet Fitness kept sending emails about what they're doing to "keep members safe" and we decided we'd at least go by and look and talk to them. So they are working at it hard, emphasizing continuous cleaning and maintaining separation of members. And there weren't many people there, so we're going to keep going until/unless the crowd gets bigger and you could no longer avoid people. Today, I barely got within 20 feet of anybody, much less 6, and kept on my 95 mask. Six months will make a dent in your conditioning, though.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Do they sanitize equipment after every use?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 pm
Do they sanitize equipment after every use?
The attendants seem to be doing a lot of cleaning, but there is disinfectant and paper towels looks like within 20 feet or so of wherever you are in the place. We wipe down before and after. Really, though, surface infection off of most of the equipment is pretty low risk compared to if you had some heavy breathing brute without a mask crowded up to you. That's largely what they're avoiding, and doing it well - so far. Actually, we haven't ever had much trouble with crowding at Planet Fitness anywhere we've been. We joined PF, not so much because they're the best gym around - they definitely aren't- but because they're literally everywhere and cheap. They'll get a little crowded with what we refer to the "January People" - those who show up for a couple or three weeks for their New Years resolution and never seen again. And we usually go late mornings - after the early group is off to work and before the lunch bunch comes in. So we'll take it one day at a time and if it's ever too crowded when we want to go, we'll just pick another time. And if they get sloppy about clean/mask/distance standards, we'll drop back out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: SPORTS???

Unread post by Vrede too »

Pogopalooza 2020: World Championships
tonight, 9:00 PM ET on ESPN2, 1 hr 2020
Pogopalooza

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Guy rides the "perfect wave" yesterday at Maverick's beach, around Half Moon Bay. Ulysses should have been down there watching the waves and surfers.

https://www.theinertia.com/surf/peter-m ... mavericks/

O Really
Admiral

Could have posted this in one of the "idiot" threads, but it is a sports story:

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/ ... y-missing/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Christian Prudhomme, director of the Tour de France, revealed to us this Saturday evening that ASO, the organizer of the race, had filed a complaint against this spectator. But just after the incident, the latter, of foreign nationality, probably German, took to the skies. For now, he remains untraceable.

A daring escape for an absolutely boneheaded crime.
Clear enough video to track him down? I'll bet yes.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Fan who caused Tour de France pileup arrested: Report

:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Keira D'Amato, 37, breaks American women's marathon record in Houston
'I've only been running professionally for about a year and a half. I don't know what to say,' D'Amato said of the feat

After a decorated career as an All-American runner in college, Keira D'Amato retired from running and had spent the better part of the decade pursuing a normal life as a wife and mother. But at 37, she has now become a common woman doing uncommon things, as she has demonstrated that she still has it in a major way.

Keira D'Amato became the fastest American woman to run a marathon at the Chevron Houston Marathon on Sunday, recording a time of 2:19:12 to beat her competition by over ten minutes. D'Amato broke a record that had been set by Deena Kastor, whose time of 2:20:36 had stood since 2006.

A former All-American runner at American University, D'Amato had left an athletic career behind after nagging injuries, instead pursuing a career as a real estate agent after getting married and having two children. But after signing her husband Anthony up for a Virginia Beach marathon as a joke Christmas present in 2017, D'Amato began to run once again on her own after helping her husband train....
:-|| :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:35 pm
Guy rides the "perfect wave" yesterday at Maverick's beach, around Half Moon Bay. Ulysses should have been down there watching the waves and surfers.

I was there.

Why weren't you there?

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:46 pm
O Really wrote:

[
I was there.

Why weren't you there?
So the guy who has never mentioned going to the beach - or rarely even the other side of the bay - decides to go down to Maverick's and watch the surfers, sees a magnificent ride on a monster wave, doesn't mention it at the time, doesn't comment on the pic for over a week and a half, and then has nothing to say about the guy's ride except "I was there." And posted here about your cheap cellphone while the ride was going on. Right. That's the ticket. I suspect some chain yanking here.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again.
O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm
So the guy who has never mentioned going to the beach - or rarely even the other side of the bay - decides to go down to Maverick's and watch the surfers, sees a magnificent ride on a monster wave, doesn't mention it at the time, doesn't comment on the pic for over a week and a half, and then has nothing to say about the guy's ride except "I was there." Right. That's the ticket. I suspect some chain yanking here.
"week and a half"? Try over one year and a week and a half.

Useless is so very butthurt that he'll even search for ancient posts to respond to just so he can follow me in a thread. He doesn't care if he then gets caught in a transparent childish lie, that's how deep his pathetic compulsion is.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:

[
I was there.

Why weren't you there?
So the guy who has never mentioned going to the beach - or rarely even the other side of the bay - decides to go down to Maverick's and watch the surfers, sees a magnificent ride on a monster wave, doesn't mention it at the time, doesn't comment on the pic for over a week and a half, and then has nothing to say about the guy's ride except "I was there." And posted here about your cheap cellphone while the ride was going on. Right. That's the ticket. I suspect some chain yanking here.
Oh, did someone yank your collar chain?

How sad.

Makes me wonder if Creepy's fragile ego syndrome is contagious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:56 pm
O Really wrote:
(post: ( :crybaby: )
(signature: rectum-obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
You're cowering and deflecting from O Really's point, sniveling Useless.

How sad.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again.
O Really wrote:
So the guy who has never mentioned going to the beach - or rarely even the other side of the bay - decides to go down to Maverick's and watch the surfers, sees a magnificent ride on a monster wave, doesn't mention it at the time, doesn't comment on the pic for over a week and a half, and then has nothing to say about the guy's ride except "I was there." Right. That's the ticket. I suspect some chain yanking here.
"week and a half"? Try over one year and a week and a half.

Useless is so very butthurt that he'll even search for ancient posts to respond to just so he can follow me in a thread. He doesn't care if he then gets caught in a transparent childish lie, that's how deep his pathetic compulsion is.
If I had been there, I would have taken a picture myself rather than lie about a picture found online.

What an idiot. This is as bad as using DVD weather reports.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm

If I had been there, I would have taken a picture myself rather than lie about a picture found online.

Well, nobody has to share events of their life here. If he wanted to drive an hour or so to a place/area he's never mentioned to watch a sport he's never mentioned, and see a truly newsworthy event and not bother to report it in the same places we usually talk about stuff we do or see, that's fine. But once mentioned, isn't it strange not to comment further than "I was there"?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:29 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Well, nobody has to share events of their life here. If he wanted to drive an hour or so to a place/area he's never mentioned to watch a sport he's never mentioned, and see a truly newsworthy event and not bother to report it in the same places we usually talk about stuff we do or see, that's fine. But once mentioned, isn't it strange not to comment further than "I was there"?
Could be the same with all the cars he says he has.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 am

There have been pics of the Plymouth and the Van. Nice paint on both.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Proving what?

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:26 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Proving what?
Well, nothing. But I believe him on the Plymouth and the Van. Not so much on the surfer.