You are such gullible fools.

Did I say WHEN I visited Mavericks?

Silly boyz.

Gotcha.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: SPORTS!!!

Unread post by Vrede too »

I knew that was your childish ploy. I just wanted to see if you would be stupid enough to go through with it.

Gotcha.
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 pm
(signature: obsessed, out of context :crybaby: ignore failure)
Awww. :violin: , Useless.
O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:46 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:35 pm
Guy rides the "perfect wave" yesterday at Maverick's beach, around Half Moon Bay. Ulysses should have been down there watching the waves and surfers.

https://www.theinertia.com/surf/peter-m ... mavericks/
I was there.

Why weren't you there?
So the guy who has never mentioned going to the beach - or rarely even the other side of the bay - decides to go down to Maverick's and watch the surfers, sees a magnificent ride on a monster wave, doesn't mention it at the time, doesn't comment on the pic for over a week and a half, and then has nothing to say about the guy's ride except "I was there." And posted here about your cheap cellphone while the ride was going on. Right. That's the ticket. I suspect some chain yanking here.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:53 pm
"week and a half"? Try over one year and a week and a half.

Useless is so very butthurt that he'll even search for ancient posts to respond to just so he can follow me in a thread. He doesn't care if he then gets caught in a transparent childish lie, that's how deep his pathetic compulsion is.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

SD local Tony Hawk took a gruesome injury at age 53.
https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-03- ... roken-leg/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:07 am
SD local Tony Hawk took a gruesome injury at age 53.
https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-03- ... roken-leg/
Ugh. That's a massive impact to snap a femur, even for a middle aged guy, and it can be life threatening.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... es-confirm

hospital smouspital, this is football and basketball and lsu

"including a Level I charge that involved a Tigers booster embezzling more than $500,000 from a hospital foundation and giving some of the stolen money to the parents of two former LSU football players."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Ironman event in Oceanside this weekend. Over 3,000 will choose to spend a nice Saturday swimming for a mile and a half in 62 degree waves, then biking 56 miles mostly on rolling and sometimes steeper hills, then running a half-marathon distance on residential streets. Others will do something else, or maybe watch some of them go by.

https://www.ironman.com/im703-oceanside

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:08 am
Ironman event in Oceanside this weekend. Over 3,000 will choose to spend a nice Saturday swimming for a mile and a half in 62 degree waves, then biking 56 miles mostly on rolling and sometimes steeper hills, then running a half-marathon distance on residential streets. Others will do something else, or maybe watch some of them go by.

I once lived on a popular jogging route. We used to joke about setting up lawn chairs, popping beers, lighting up cigs and heckling them, but never got around to it . . . too lazy, I guess. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I've known a couple of marathoners, but nobody personally that did ironman competitions. I admire what they can do, but will never likely understand the why. Everybody to their own, though.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:18 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:08 am

I once lived on a popular jogging route. We used to joke about setting up lawn chairs, popping beers, lighting up cigs and heckling them, but never got around to it . . . too lazy, I guess. :wave:
When I lived on Lake Tsala Apopka when the Swedish and one other (maybe it was the US) kayak teams did their winfer training there.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 pm
You are such gullible fools.

Did I say WHEN I visited Mavericks?

Silly boyz.

Gotcha.
As the conversation was about something that happened there on a specific date and you jump up like a 3rd grader claiming that you were there, it appears that you are doubling down on yet another useless lie.

Run useless, run.

O Really
Admiral

I guess it's sports - sorta. Turns out former professional show wrestling star Goldberg lives around here and owns a martial arts/boxing gym. He's got some custom/restored cars and was hanging with some guys cruising their cars for the Friday Night "Cruising Grand" in Escondido. He's still huge, but looks pretty good for his age.

Last edited by O Really on Thu May 05, 2022 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:07 am
I guess it's sports - sorta. Turns out former professional show wrestling star Goldberg lives around here and owns a martial arts/boxing gym. He's got some custom/restored cars and was hanging with some guys cruising their cars for the Friday Night "Cruising Grand" in Escondido. He's still huge, but looks pretty good for his age.
Bad video link.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:40 am
O Really wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:07 am
Bad video link.
Sorry. Fixed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:47 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:40 am
Bad video link.
Sorry. Fixed.
I'm able to watch it now, but it's still a bad video link. :P

The 10 worst fan bases in sports: If you're on this list, congratulations, you're the worst.

It's difficult to categorize the worst fan bases. It's like ranking David Spade movies.
:lol:
... Is it the Duke basketball fan? The one fan base that all other fan bases merge like Voltron and agree to hate, the way all scientists agree there was a Big Bang.
Ouch.

... The fans on this list are the opposite of fan royalty like the Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Orioles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers fans. Or the most underrated fan base in all of sports in the Baltimore Ravens.
Nice!

What's the opposite of class and royalty? The Ted Nugent of fans?
Fans who made this list say "last set, best set" while working out.

We're having some fun here. If you possess no sense of humor, like a 49ers fan, read elsewhere, unless you're a Houston Astros fan. In that case, have someone read this list to you.
Double bazinga!

... 10. Philadelphia Eagles fans ...
Like O Really?

9. Notre Dame football fans

Haven't won a national championship in over three decades but act like they're Alabama. In reality, the program is the Mike Dukakis of football....
8. University of Texas football fans ...

7. Golden State Warriors fans

Few fan bases are more come-lately than this one. There were 17 Warrior fans B.S.C., Before Steph Curry. Now, there are apparently 20 million of them and they have been fans from the beginning. They allege.
Hah! Guilty as charged.

6. St. Louis Cardinals fans

Did you know they invented the sport of baseball?

5. Red Sox fans ...

4. Boston Celtics fans ...

3. New England Patriots fans

... Putting them here is more about my Constitutional duty as an American to acknowledge just how much other fans absolutely despise Patriots fans. They may be the most hated fan base in sports. The Patriots' fan basic philosophy is: "We're great, suck it. And stick Deflategate up your ---."

I respect this life philosophy but can see how it's highly annoying.
Someone really doesn't like the Boston area fans. I agree.

2. Dallas Cowboys fans ...
Naturally.

1. Miami Heat fans ...
Good thing for both of us that you just ducked your chance to root for them, O Really.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sportswashing comes to America

Bryson DeChambeau possesses a formidable curiosity. Questioning everything about the golf game led him to transform himself during 2020’s quarantine from a promising young go-getter to a swollen-muscled hulk, winning himself a U.S. Open in the process.

Now, he’s turning his intellect to an even more daunting challenge: figuring out how to justify taking millions from the Saudi government to play on the controversial LIV Golf tour.

“Golf is a force for good,” DeChambeau said, “and I think as time goes on, hopefully, people will see the good that [the Saudis] are doing and what they are trying to accomplish rather than looking at the bad that’s happened before.I think moving on from that is important.”

DeChambeau meant to try to draw a line in the sand between the past and the present. He ended up unintentionally becoming the best possible example of how sportswashing works to scrub the sins of guilty nations.
Opps.
Sportswashing from the Olympics to LIV

“I define sportswashing as when political leaders use sports to appear important or legitimate on the world stage,” said Jules Boykoff, a professor of politics and government at Pacific University, “while stoking nationalism and deflecting attention from chronic social problems back home.”

... Qatar will host the World Cup later this fall even though reported inhumane conditions have reportedly led to the deaths of thousands of workers constructing soccer stadiums.
Ugh, that's a more direct connection between the event and the abuses. "deaths of thousands" - I may skip paying attention to this year's World Cup, the first time in decades. :(
Saudi Arabia has been more globally active, hosting a Formula 1 race in Jeddah. Saudi money now reaches the Kentucky Derby (Medina Spirit, the 2021 winner before being stripped of the title, was owned by a Saudi sheikh) ...
Opps.
... Players who compete in LIV tournaments are guaranteed a paycheck — unlike PGA Tour events, in which players must make the cut each week in order to get paid — and that paycheck can be significant. Notable players such as Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson will reportedly be paid $100 million or more to participate in LIV events.
:puke-left:

(long, interesting discussion of other examples, the external AND internal aims of sportswashing, its history, contrasting perspectives, and the fact that it usually works in the end)
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:45 pm
Sportswashing comes to America

Bryson DeChambeau possesses a formidable curiosity. Questioning everything about the golf game led him to transform himself during 2020’s quarantine from a promising young go-getter to a swollen-muscled hulk, winning himself a U.S. Open in the process.

Now, he’s turning his intellect to an even more daunting challenge: figuring out how to justify taking millions from the Saudi government to play on the controversial LIV Golf tour.

“Golf is a force for good,” DeChambeau said, “and I think as time goes on, hopefully, people will see the good that [the Saudis] are doing and what they are trying to accomplish rather than looking at the bad that’s happened before.I think moving on from that is important.”

DeChambeau meant to try to draw a line in the sand between the past and the present. He ended up unintentionally becoming the best possible example of how sportswashing works to scrub the sins of guilty nations.
Opps.
Sportswashing from the Olympics to LIV

“I define sportswashing as when political leaders use sports to appear important or legitimate on the world stage,” said Jules Boykoff, a professor of politics and government at Pacific University, “while stoking nationalism and deflecting attention from chronic social problems back home.”

... Qatar will host the World Cup later this fall even though reported inhumane conditions have reportedly led to the deaths of thousands of workers constructing soccer stadiums.
Ugh, that's a more direct connection between the event and the abuses. "deaths of thousands" - I may skip paying attention to this year's World Cup, the first time in decades. :(
Saudi Arabia has been more globally active, hosting a Formula 1 race in Jeddah. Saudi money now reaches the Kentucky Derby (Medina Spirit, the 2021 winner before being stripped of the title, was owned by a Saudi sheikh) ...
Opps.
... Players who compete in LIV tournaments are guaranteed a paycheck — unlike PGA Tour events, in which players must make the cut each week in order to get paid — and that paycheck can be significant. Notable players such as Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson will reportedly be paid $100 million or more to participate in LIV events.
:puke-left:

(long, interesting discussion of other examples, the external AND internal aims of sportswashing, its history, contrasting perspectives, and the fact that it usually works in the end)
They're unprincipled whores.

FIFA, The Olympics and LIV lead the way.

Shocking.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:39 pm

Shocking.
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. Pro sports (et. al.) have always been about the money, and the more money they got, the more greedy they got. Human nature at its finest, I guess.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:46 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:39 pm

Shocking.
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. Pro sports (et. al.) have always been about the money, and the more money they got, the more greedy they got. Human nature at its finest, I guess.
Yeah, but once in awhile they get to masquerade as doing the right thing and it's not about the money. :roll:

Atlanta All Star Game

Phoenix Superbowl
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:46 pm
Yeah, but once in awhile they get to masquerade as doing the right thing and it's not about the money. :roll:

Atlanta All Star Game

Phoenix Superbowl
... The NCAA, WNBA and NBA before the pigs became so widespread that boycotts became impractical.
1312. ETTD.