War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Ulysses »

Sigh, shoe's on the other foot. This is a complex subject and apparently you fools aren't bright enough to grasp it.

Here's a clue:

Supreme Court signals support for Mississippi 15-week abortion ban with Roe v. Wade in balance

Do try to keep up.
WASHINGTON – A majority of the Supreme Court signaled Wednesday it is open to upholding Mississippi’s ban on most abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy but left unresolved the question of how far it may go to undermine its landmark Roe v. Wade decision.

In nearly two hours of debate, the justices wrestled with the potential impact of overturning Roe on people seeking an abortion, as well as how a heavily divided nation might perceive the Supreme Court if it abandons the watershed ruling from 1973 that established a constitutional right to the procedure.

Each of the six conservative justices asked questions that suggested at least some skepticism with the position taken by abortion rights groups – and the Biden administration – that allowing Mississippi's ban would not only violate the Constitution but also raise questions about the court's neutral interpretation of the law.

"If it really is an issue about choice, why is 15 weeks not enough time?" Chief Justice John Roberts asked.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:29 pm
So strange the way he gives opinions on articles that he hasn't read.
I agree, but I leave a little room for the possibility that Useless is too stupid to understand what he has read.
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:24 am
( :crybaby: )
Different state, different law. Your short attention span and inability to announce that you were changing the subject is not our problem. It's just yet another example of your utter incompetence.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:04 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:29 pm
So strange the way he gives opinions on articles that he hasn't read.
I agree, but I leave a little room for the possibility that Useless is too stupid to understand what he has read.
Ulysses wrote:
( :crybaby: )
Different state, different law. Your short attention span and inability to announce that you were changing the subject is not our problem. It's just yet another example of your utter incompetence.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
:---P
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Jaysus.

I expected them to chip away......but holy shit.

It'll revert to the states. But holy shit.

Thx trump, thx McConnell.

Can anyone ever recall a leak on a Supreme Court case?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

This will bite them in the ass, big time.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hopefully just the beginning.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:46 pm
Unregulated, illegal, perhaps unsafe abortions.
Black market abortion pills.
Clinics on the borders of misogynist states.
Overt and covert transport of women to aborting states.
Boycotts.
Migration out of misogynist states.
Women of color and the poor suffer the most, as usual.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:00 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Boycotts.
Just to be clear, Roe v. Wade hasn't been overturned yet. Although it does seem possible it will be.

Bearing in mind, as the Miss law goes, abortions before 15 weeks would still be legal.

If Roe v. Wade is indeed overturned, it seems like only a matter of time before another case goes before SCOTUS on the abortion issue.

Boycott what? Wouldn't the people most hurt by a boycott be the poor?

Are abortion inducing meds going to be part of the abortion restrictions in Miss?

It would be a big political mistake to brand states that ban abortions as "misogynist states". That would just polarize the issue even more. No doubt those who oppose abortion consider themselves acting on behalf of the women. I don't agree, but why antagonize?

How difficult would it be for a woman in Miss to order abortion pills from, say, California?

Agree about the hazard of illegal/unsafe abortions if Roe v. Wade is tossed.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:00 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Boycotts.
I wonder if morning after pills would be illegal in states that outlaw abortion. Technically they prevent the egg from being fertilized, so it's not technically an abortion. But I doubt they care.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:38 am
I wonder if morning after pills would be illegal in states that outlaw abortion. Technically they prevent the egg from being fertilized, so it's not technically an abortion. But I doubt they care.
The misogynist, pro-rapist assholes will push it as hard as they can. In some states the most extreme bills we can imagine will be enacted. :(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency ... d_States_2
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:56 am
Whack9 wrote:
The misogynist, pro-rapist assholes will push it as hard as they can. In some states the most extreme bills we can imagine will be enacted. :(
Has potential to be worse. The door is now open a crack to ban birth control pills.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:24 am
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
Has potential to be worse. The door is now open a crack to ban birth control pills.
Will there be an effort to save the "littlest" of lives? Where "There's smoke, and there's flames" from the Devil himself to release the little guys into hand and latex, there's evil lurking.
"Oh, the humanity," who is listening as all the little guys scream their last!?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim, :lol: .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
In most cases that's what a ban on morning after pills already is. Most prevent fertilization, not implantation. Whole police forces will be created to interdict interstate transportation of both BC and abortion meds. Lovely.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:06 pm
billy.pilgrim, :lol: .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
In most cases that's what a ban on morning after pills already is. Most prevent fertilization, not implantation. Whole police forces will be created to interdict interstate transportation of both BC and abortion meds. Lovely.
And the possibility exists for states to make it a criminal offense for a woman to go to another state and get an abortion.

For the life of me I can't see how this could be constitutional, but that wouldn't stop the wingnut states and of course it'd have to be litigated for years and eventually make it's way to the Supreme Court and at this point who knows how they'd rule.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:21 pm

And the possibility exists for states to make it a criminal offense for a woman to go to another state and get an abortion.

For the life of me I can't see how this could be constitutional, but that wouldn't stop the wingnut states and of course it'd have to be litigated for years and eventually make it's way to the Supreme Court and at this point who knows how they'd rule.
Yeah, they might try it, but I don't see how it could work. Similarly, they'd have to make it illegal to go to Vegas to gamble, weed-friendly state to smoke, etc.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:28 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Yeah, they might try it, but I don't see how it could work. Similarly, they'd have to make it illegal to go to Vegas to gamble, weed-friendly state to smoke, etc.
Idk what the rulings will be, but the argument is that the fetal right to life trump's the woman's right to travel. Of course, to enforce this will require a massive intrusion upon medical and travel records. Great.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Impossible to enforce, but certainly could be intimidating with chilling effect.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:40 pm
Impossible to enforce, but certainly could be intimidating with chilling effect.
Underground RRs:
1850s
1960s
2020s

:ateeth:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:28 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Huge can of worms, but don't underestimate zealots and abortion.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:40 pm
Think Texas with their already scary sue your neighbor for getting an abortion law.

Big brother stuff.