War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: War on Women

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:23 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:17 pm
Those white-supremist scum who think Archie is an abomination don't have a clue as to British history or the wide variety of characters who have been a part of the royal family. And then of course there's Queen Charlotte.
Who is Archie?
Harry and Meghan's kid
I'm not much of a royals follower.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:21 pm
O Really wrote:
Those white-supremist scum who think Archie is an abomination don't have a clue as to British history or the wide variety of characters who have been a part of the royal family. And then of course there's Queen Charlotte.
What about Queen Charlotte ...?

... You've been hoping that we'd finally get around to discussing English royalty, haven't you? ;)
O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:44 pm
"Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was Queen of Great Britain and of Ireland as the wife of King George III from their marriage on 8 September 1761 until the union of the two kingdoms on 1 January 1801, after which she was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland until her death in 1818"

Probably the name Charlotte and Mecklenburg would be familiar to Carolinians.

Anyway, she was reputed to be of blackish ancestry. There are written descriptions of her that don't match the painted portraits and it's widely believed that the painters toned down her Africanish features to look more caucasian.
Ah, I wondered if that's what you meant, and I didn't skim far enough on the Wiki page that you quote. Ancestry

I guess I can see it, sort of.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:01 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:23 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Who is Archie?
Harry and Meghan's kid
I'm not much of a royals follower.
It's where this tangent began, hence O Really's mention of Archie. I'm like you, I have to look up the names of the royal (and semi-royal) spawn.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:03 pm
Perhaps somewhat comparable is the ongoing controversy surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. MAYBE she or they did some things that people could have legit gripes over. However, there was nothing scandalous or abusive, nothing to justify the level of sustained vitriol being leveled at her. It became obvious that this could only be driven by racism, even if few were as overt about it as these guys:
Racist Podcast Hosts Called for Prince Harry’s 3-Year-Old to Be ‘Put Down’

Two white-supremacist podcasters said Prince Harry should be “judicially killed for treason” for marrying Meghan Markle and called their son, 3-year-old Archie, “an abomination that should be put down,” a British court has heard.

The court proceedings, reported by British newspaper the Sun, show the shocking and extreme level of racist invective targeted at the couple.

Prince Harry said earlier this year it was “not safe” for him or his family to visit the U.K. without dedicated police protection, and is suing the British government over modifications to his and his family’s security rules since they quit as working royal family members.

Meghan, 41, has previously called her experience of being abused online “almost unsurvivable,” and in 2020 she told a podcast entitled Teenager Therapy: “I’m told that in 2019, I was the most trolled person in the entire world, male or female.” ...
Again, I'm not blaming Depp for anything other than his personal contribution to the marital mess. The comparison I'm making is to the many assholes that are using him for prejudiced ends.

Aside: Markle is American, so it makes sense that they fled here. Still, it's ironic that anyone would come to the US to get away from racism.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Honoring Women

Speaking of English royalty, let's take a moment to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee and English 57 year olds.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... ar-AAYmvf9
:shock:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Honoring Women

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:15 am
Speaking of English royalty, let's take a moment to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee and English 57 year olds.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... ar-AAYmvf9
:shock:
Yeah look closely - that's who Hugh Grant left at home to go find a hooker. I wonder if he ever realized that was a baaaad decision.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

And there it is. :crybaby:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am

So many of these states believe life begins at conception. Is a fertilized egg therefore a citizen with full rights? If so, and someone seeks an abortion out of state, can that person then be charged with murder?

I can see this eventually going all the way to the supreme court again and abortion being outlawed nationwide.

Another thought: If states rule that life begins at conception, and a fertilized egg is basically a citizen afforded full rights guaranteed by the constitution, is not making exceptions for cases of rape and incest going against their very reason for outlawing abortion?

I'm not advocating for this. I'm very much pro-choice. I'm just pointing out some possible hypocrisy.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:09 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am

I can see this eventually going all the way to the supreme court again and abortion being outlawed nationwide.

The can of worms that have been opened have enormous consequences that we are just barely scratching the surface.

Contraception and gay rights are two that immediately come to mind and neither are guaranteed in the constitution which was a big part of Alito's rationale.

Then there's 2024. If the RWNJ'S are in power, a federal ban on abortion followed by other rights being curtailed. According to this court, it would be constitutional.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Fervent Trump supporters in my circle of acquaintances: Government has no right to ban abortion! This is outrageous.

Facepalm.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:21 am
Fervent Trump supporters in my circle of acquaintances: Government has no right to ban abortion! This is outrageous.

Facepalm.
South Carolina Tea-person saying, "keep the government away from my Medicare" has always been a favorite of mine.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Sadly timeless.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:19 am
Sadly timeless.
In my old age I hate that we're going backwards so far and so fast. What's next, invading Vietnam?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:41 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sadly timeless.
In my old age I hate that we're going backwards so far and so fast. What's next, invading Vietnam?
After Medicare is fully privatized, they'll be in position to privatize social security.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:39 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:41 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sadly timeless.
In my old age I hate that we'reIn my old age I hate that we're going backwards so far and so fast. What's next, invading Vietnam?so far and so fast. What's next, invading Vietnam?
After Medicare is fully privatized, they'll be in position to privatize social security.
That's going further backwards than I've been alive. Don't forget canceling Medicaid.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I'm sure the chant has begun - "If we can turn over Roe v. Wade, we can ..."
(kill all the gays, make women wear red gowns, let only old male white guys vote... whatever)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:20 am
I'm sure the chant has begun - "If we can turn over Roe v. Wade, we can ..."
(kill all the gays, make women wear red gowns, let only old male white guys vote... whatever)
There's an entire industry of RWNJs gearing up to bring cases before SCOTUS. :problem: :(

Leaked Audio: GOP Candidate Says She Doubts Rape Victims Get Pregnant

These are the depths that science-hating, lying and even self-loathing misogynist RW LEOs and pols have sunk to. Sad.

Good thing she's running in a "liberal-leaning" congressional district. The voters will now fish slap her that much harder, and we normal people can all laugh at that.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Oh, the ignorance and stupidity!