War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: War on Women

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I wonder what effect seat belts inertial restraint would have on the little passenger in a forward moving crash.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:47 pm
I wonder what effect seat belts inertial restraint would have on the little passenger in a forward moving crash.
Direct fetal injuries are possible, but a fluid filled sac is pretty good protection. The fetus is more at risk from serious injuries to mom compromising circulation or oxygenation.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I guess they won't be able to go to an "over 21" club when they're pregnant. And even though a lot of places might have "Under age 5 get in free", if they don't then she'll have to buy two tickets unless the event specifies "Fetuses get in free." And the fetuses will have to be counted as dependents on the state tax return. Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:26 pm
I guess they won't be able to go to an "over 21" club when they're pregnant. And even though a lot of places might have "Under age 5 get in free", if they don't then she'll have to buy two tickets unless the event specifies "Fetuses get in free." And the fetuses will have to be counted as dependents on the state tax return. Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.
Wonder if she can eat off the kid's menu?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:26 pm
Legal question: If a pregnant Texan suffered an injury or was discriminated against would she be able to file a class action lawsuit?
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:28 pm
Wonder if she can eat off the kid's menu?
Can now in many places. It's smaller portions, not really a discount.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:31 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:47 pm
Direct fetal injuries are possible, but a fluid filled sac is pretty good protection. The fetus is more at risk from serious injuries to mom compromising circulation or oxygenation.
Thanks. I was just wondering. I considered the fluid filled environment but also considered the effect of the belt tightening around the abdomen, the air bag aspect, and the resultant "3rd law" effect of the contents of the vehicle continuing for a short time at the initial speed of the crash. I suppose it will all depend on how high the speed was more than anything else.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Legal question: If a pregnant Texan suffered an injury or was discriminated against would she be able to file a class action lawsuit?
Not likely, but mostly because there's no real value in going through a class certification process and following all related process for just two people. Also, depending on what the alleged harm was, the person and the fetus wouldn't necessarily be found to be "similarly situated." Perhaps they could if the injury was from a traffic accident, i.e. both of them would be in a car hit by the defendant, but in an employment discrimination matter, it would be hard to argue the fetus was in fact employed even though it went to the office every day. But there are probably provisions in state laws that automatically include harm to the fetus as part of the person's injury. I've seen where double murder has been charged for killing a pregnant woman.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:06 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Not likely, but mostly because there's no real value in going through a class certification process and following all related process for just two people. Also, depending on what the alleged harm was, the person and the fetus wouldn't necessarily be found to be "similarly situated." Perhaps they could if the injury was from a traffic accident, i.e. both of them would be in a car hit by the defendant, but in an employment discrimination matter, it would be hard to argue the fetus was in fact employed even though it went to the office every day. But there are probably provisions in state laws that automatically include harm to the fetus as part of the person's injury. I've seen where double murder has been charged for killing a pregnant woman.
:oops: Thanks, but I have to remember to include " ;) ". I was just piling on the Texas mocking.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:18 am

:oops: Thanks, but I have to remember to include " ;) ". I was just piling on the Texas mocking.
No problem. I can assure you no research time was burned in that response. But humour or not, your question was a good one and indicative of the type of ridiculous issues that will surely arise out of their ridiculous law.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:18 am
No problem. I can assure you no research time was burned in that response. But humour or not, your question was a good one and indicative of the type of ridiculous issues that will surely arise out of their ridiculous law.
Oh good, I hate it when the billable hours start piling up.

I wonder if some have already been adjudicated. That section of the Texas penal code is presumably a few years or more old and has nothing to do with new Texas abortion law or the rulings by Moscow Mitch's illegitimate SCOTUS stacked with 3 chronic liars by TRE45ON - an extreme, activist, ammosexual, misogynist court that's bad for America.

Maybe the legislative history contains some thing like:
This definition is intended exclusively for women-hating uses and any other applications are prohibited.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:20 pm
It ain't dead now.

Johnny Depp Verdict Thrown Into Chaos As Wrong Juror Seated In Virginia Trial, Amber Heard Says; Wants New Trial

:roll: Opps. Settlement for a much reduced amount in the offing, or do we have to suffer through a new trial?
Never mind.
Judge denies Amber Heard's motion for new trial against Johnny Depp, dismissing her argument about a juror

A judge declined to grant Amber Heard a new trial against Johnny Depp.

Heard argued that one of the jurors in the case should have never been seated.

The judge ruled that Heard waited too long and the juror was properly vetted by both sides....
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

We're going from alternative facts to alternative abortions.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:23 pm
We're going from alternative facts to alternative abortions.
It's because of alternative "life".
An Abortion Is Not An Abortion If A 10-Year-Old Gets One, Says Anti-Abortion Leader
Americans United for Life's CEO told Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) that a child rape victim ending her pregnancy is “not an abortion.” Huh?

... Catherine Glenn Foster, the president and CEO of Americans United for Life, was responding to questions from Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) about whether she thinks a 10-year-old girl would or should “choose” to have a baby. After some back and forth, during which Foster refused to answer the question, she came up with a response.

“I believe it would probably impact her life, and so, therefore, it would fall under any exception and would not be an abortion,” said Foster....
Ah, that clears it up.

Wait, don't all pregnancies and abortions impact a female's life? What's the cutoff age?

“MAGA GOP doesn’t want you to know their abortion laws force pregnancies on little girls."
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Fits right in with trump's assertion that "what you're seeing and what you're hearing is not what's happening." And Rudy's "truth is not truth" schtick.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:37 am
Fits right in with trump's assertion that "what you're seeing and what you're hearing is not what's happening." And Rudy's "truth is not truth" schtick.
Alternative facts, alternative abortions....

We're living in the multi-verse.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:51 am
(tweet)
SC Fetal Heartbeat Law in effect after federal court removes block

... The federal Fourth Circuit Court of appeals vacated its previous opinion on the case in light of Roe v. Wade being overturned....

The law is still being challenged at the state level, but it is now in effect without a court injunction blocking it.
:(

SC women, we're here for you.
-- NC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Woman "Wars" Back

Gunman killed by ex-girlfriend after he shoots dead her brother and 18-month-old niece while baby girl was in mom’s arms

... Madden's shotgun reportedly ran out of ammunition during his assault on the family, and then attacked his ex-girlfriend Christina Siau, 30, with a knife.

However, Christina, who was critically wounded, fought back and fatally wounded Madden, police say....

Police have not revealed how exactly Madden was killed, but his sister told the outlet that Christine managed to wrestle the knife away from him and stab him to death....
Good on Christina Siau! Should happen to all ammosexual domestic abusers.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So you can also stop a bad guy with a gun with a pissed off frantic desperate woman with a knife. Yea, Christina!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

That woman should have been working at the White House when trump was there.