War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: War by Women

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:02 pm
Oh shit.

I thought Alex Morgan was an old pic of Megan Rapinoe. :shock: :oops:
:wtf: :crazy: :lol: They all look alike. :P
:---P :P
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: War on Women

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/word-disappe ... 00165.html

More than 660 geographical places using the name squaw on federal lands across the United States are set to be renamed in coming months following action by the U.S. Department of the Interior. Seventy-two of the buttes, creeks, meadows and other places are in Idaho.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ofer Pete's sake. So I looked to see if I could find a list with the current and proposed names and maybe I can but in the meantime I ran into this:

" The Task Force’s first action was to finalize a decision to replace a full spelling of the derogatory term with “sq___” for all official related communications."

Seriously? How would "sq___" be pronounced when reading "official related communications?" Or for that matter, when discussing the changes?
"Squnderline"?

Is there anybody who would not know it's pronounced, and was, "squaw"? And if they don't, wouldn't they have to ask somebody what it was and then what word would be used?

At least "ni****" can be pronounced, and was supposedly first used in 1974. "Have you gone berserk? Can't you see that man's a ni'?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:27 am
Ofer Pete's sake. So I looked to see if I could find a list with the current and proposed names and maybe I can but in the meantime I ran into this:

" The Task Force’s first action was to finalize a decision to replace a full spelling of the derogatory term with “sq___” for all official related communications."

Seriously? How would "sq___" be pronounced when reading "official related communications?" Or for that matter, when discussing the changes?
"Squnderline"?

Is there anybody who would not know it's pronounced, and was, "squaw"? And if they don't, wouldn't they have to ask somebody what it was and then what word would be used?

At least "ni****" can be pronounced, and was supposedly first used in 1974. "Have you gone berserk? Can't you see that man's a ni'?
:crazy:
I thought it was an abbreviation for Sasquatch.

Someone is sure to be offended.

O Really
Admiral

Ok so here's the list. Some are obviously worse/better than others. Whoda thought there would be at least three "Squaw Tits"? Opps, "Sq___Ti_"
https://d9-wret.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws. ... 0Names.pdf

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:

"Squnderline"?

My grandmother wouldn't allow that word to be said in her house. She told us that we should respect that they didn't like being called that, no if, ans, or buts.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:19 pm

My grandmother wouldn't allow that word to be said in her house. She told us that we should respect that they didn't like being called that, no if, ans, or buts.
That's good and to her credit, but that's not the same as some bureaucratic decree that you can't spell it out in a document in which that's a subject.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:

"Squnderline"?
Sounds like it's pressure on states, local govt and private entities to follow the federal lead and just change the racist and sexist name. I'm okay with that.
Ironically, most people trying to pronounce "sq___" will settle on something that sounds a lot like "squaw". Opps.
I always wondered about that.

The Knights of Ni finally get their shrubbery

But now we can't pronounce it without massive wincing and wailing ensuing.

What was "shrubbery" code for and is that also sexist? :o
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Maybe they should rename all meadows something else so no one will think they were named for Mark Meadows, king shithead of the universe. But since this is the war on women thread, it's so no one will mistake any meadow for being named after Mark's wife. Hell, she's probably just as bad as he is anyway. They both like to vote.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Maybe they should rename all meadows something else so no one will think they were named for Mark Meadows, king shithead of the universe. But since this is the war on women thread, it's so no one will mistake any meadow for being named after Mark's wife. Hell, she's probably just as bad as he is anyway. They both like to vote.
Careful.

Criticizing someone's wife could get you voted off the plantation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Careful.

She engaged in voter fraud, too. Stick to topics where you aren't Clueless Useless.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Careful.

She engaged in voter fraud, too. Stick to topics where you aren't Clueless Useless.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Besides that, his memory has failed him again as he has us confused with a different forum.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:52 pm
Besides that, his memory has failed him again as he has us confused with a different forum.
Not really.

You appear to be the confused one here.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Not really.

No Numbnuts it's you.

We've never had that sort of rule here.

You're thinking of the unwritten rule on LNF.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:21 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Not really.

No Numbnuts it's you.

We've never had that sort of rule here.

You're thinking of the unwritten rule on LNF.
So it's OK with you, as a momderator, if someone makes disparaging remarks about your wife?

That does not seem to have been your position.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Careful.

Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 pm
So it's OK with you, as a momderator, if someone makes disparaging remarks about your wife?

That does not seem to have been your position.
"momderator"?

The more interesting and relevant question is why you insist on giving a pass to the fraudulent voter wife of 45SHOLE's Chief of Staff. Stop being so RepuQ.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 pm

I seem to have explained this before, but wha-tever. Nobody in this forum has ever met my wife, referred to as "Lady O", nor do they know what she's like or whether she really exists. They know only what I say, which may or may not have anything to do with real life. So how can it matter if someone I don't know personally makes disparaging remarks about somebody they don't know?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:12 pm
I seem to have explained this before, but wha-tever.
Useless is very slow.
Nobody in this forum has ever met my wife, referred to as "Lady O", nor do they know what she's like or whether she really exists. They know only what I say, which may or may not have anything to do with real life. So how can it matter if someone I don't know personally makes disparaging remarks about somebody they don't know?
Virtual "Lady O" seems pretty cool . . . except that she married a virtual lawyer. Ew. :P

More relevant to this tangent is how pitiful it is that Useless desperately searches for a 'Gotcha' and fails every time. Awww.
1312. ETTD.