War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:12 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 pm

So it's OK with you, as a momderator, if someone makes disparaging remarks about your wife?

I seem to have explained this before, but wha-tever. Nobody in this forum has ever met my wife, referred to as "Lady O", nor do they know what she's like or whether she really exists. They know only what I say, which may or may not have anything to do with real life. So how can it matter if someone I don't know personally makes disparaging remarks about somebody they don't know?
Yet that's not how you have assigned negative points in your moderation, is it?

PS-Yeah, I misspelled "moderator". Accidental. Please don't give me another black mark for it. Pretty Please?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Negative points my ass. I told you before; I get $75 each time I reply on you. You're being cheated. To think that every time I get another $75 you accumulate more negative points. Hell, I don't even know how to get negative points, but they seem to flock to you in a hurry without worry. Maybe that's why you're getting cheated instead of paid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:11 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Maybe they should rename all meadows something else so no one will think they were named for Mark Meadows, king shithead of the universe. But since this is the war on women thread, it's so no one will mistake any meadow for being named after Mark's wife. Hell, she's probably just as bad as he is anyway. They both like to vote.
Careful.

Criticizing someone's wife could get you voted off the plantation.
She engaged in voter fraud, too. Stick to topics where you aren't Clueless Useless.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
So it's OK with you, as a momderator, if someone makes disparaging remarks about your wife?

That does not seem to have been your position.
"momderator"?

The more interesting and relevant question is why you insist on giving a pass to the fraudulent voter wife of 45SHOLE's Chief of Staff. Stop being so RepuQ.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm
O Really wrote:
I seem to have explained this before, but wha-tever.
Useless is very slow.
Nobody in this forum has ever met my wife, referred to as "Lady O", nor do they know what she's like or whether she really exists. They know only what I say, which may or may not have anything to do with real life. So how can it matter if someone I don't know personally makes disparaging remarks about somebody they don't know?
Virtual "Lady O" seems pretty cool . . . except that she married a virtual lawyer. Ew. :P

More relevant to this tangent is how pitiful it is that Useless desperately searches for a 'Gotcha' and fails every time. Awww.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:25 pm
You think O Really is a moderator? :lol:
PS-Yeah, I misspelled "moderator". Accidental. Please don't give me another black mark for it. Pretty Please?
Busted reading my posts again. Opps.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:14 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Maybe they should rename all meadows something else so no one will think they were named for Mark Meadows, king shithead of the universe. But since this is the war on women thread, it's so no one will mistake any meadow for being named after Mark's wife. Hell, she's probably just as bad as he is anyway. They both like to vote.
Careful.

Criticizing someone's wife could get you voted off the plantation.
She engaged in voter fraud, too. Stick to topics where you aren't Clueless Useless.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

That does not seem to have been your position.
"momderator"?

The more interesting and relevant question is why you insist on giving a pass to the fraudulent voter wife of 45SHOLE's Chief of Staff. Stop being so RepuQ.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm
O Really wrote:
I seem to have explained this before, but wha-tever.
Useless is very slow.
Nobody in this forum has ever met my wife, referred to as "Lady O", nor do they know what she's like or whether she really exists. They know only what I say, which may or may not have anything to do with real life. So how can it matter if someone I don't know personally makes disparaging remarks about somebody they don't know?
Virtual "Lady O" seems pretty cool . . . except that she married a virtual lawyer. Ew. :P

More relevant to this tangent is how pitiful it is that Useless desperately searches for a 'Gotcha' and fails every time. Awww.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
You think O Really is a moderator? :lol:
Busted reading my posts again. Opps.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.

What's O Really momderating besides Lady O?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:18 pm
Negative points my ass. I told you before; I get $75 each time I reply on you. You're being cheated. To think that every time I get another $75 you accumulate more negative points. Hell, I don't even know how to get negative points, but they seem to flock to you in a hurry without worry. Maybe that's why you're getting cheated instead of paid.
Either that or you're providing some other service which shall be unnamed to the PTB here.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:24 pm
What's O Really momderating besides Lady O?
:lol: I'm pretty sure that virtual Lady O momderates O Really.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Proof of alien space lizard invaders right here. There's no way this person is human.

https://jezebel.com/ohio-lawmaker-says- ... 1848849829

"Getting pregnant by your rapist is actually “an opportunity,” according to Ohio state Rep. Jean Schmidt (R), who testified Wednesday in favor of a bill to curb abortion in Ohio. Schmidt says rape is “difficult” and may leave emotional scars on its survivors—“but if a baby is created, it is a human life. And whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not, the scars will not go away. Period. It is a shame that it happens, but there’s an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is,” Schmidt said."

"Schmidt concluded this particular speech by shaming rape survivors, proving the patriarchy has no gender. “This is not about keeping abortion alive. This is about keeping the mother alive. And just because you have emotional scars, doesn’t give you the right to take the life,” she said."

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

How do these people even occur? Schmidt isn't from Dark Holler Kentucky, or even from the Beaver part of Ohio. Cincinnati isn't some place where no light of education shines through. And she would have been a direct contemporary of Cincinnatian Kathleen Sebelius, a person of markedly different views. Schmidt would have been about 20 for Roe v. Wade, which means she probably knew or knew of some people who had had illegal abortions. She would have been in high school during mid- to late 60's, in college for the Kent State shootings, just 250 miles north - basically grew up and had similar experiences to the rest of us here and WTF - she's talibanning young girls into carrying babies of their rapists? How does that even happen?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Zealots.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Republicans have become a rabid cult of ignorance and they seem to love it nearly as much as the semi literate idiots who cheer them on.

O Really
Admiral

Why is abortion even still controversial? If you're younger than 50, it's been a legal routine medical procedure your entire effin' life. And consider - abortion as a legal routine medical procedure has been around since before lasic surgery, liposuction, MRI's and CAT scans, in vitro fertilization, DNA identification, and the last fatal case of smallpox.

Sorta reminds me of when I read about some 30-year old guy getting killed in a car wreck not wearing a seat belt. I'm thinking how has this guy ever in his life gotten into a car without using a seatbelt? From before he was old enough to climb out of his car seat, belts have been required and have been in every effin' car he's ever been in in his whole life. How does he even know cars will run without seatbelts connected?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Zealots raised by zealots.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:44 pm
Zealots raised by zealots.
Didn't these people ever hear of "youthful rebellion"? Just because your parents said so doesn't mean you have to keep it. Even the Amish let their kids go off on free-rolling rumspringa. I figure we can blame our parents until we're about 18 and after that if you're a nut or believe nuttery it's your own fault.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:13 am
How do these people even occur? Schmidt isn't from Dark Holler Kentucky, or even from the Beaver part of Ohio. Cincinnati isn't some place where no light of education shines through. And she would have been a direct contemporary of Cincinnatian Kathleen Sebelius, a person of markedly different views. Schmidt would have been about 20 for Roe v. Wade, which means she probably knew or knew of some people who had had illegal abortions. She would have been in high school during mid- to late 60's, in college for the Kent State shootings, just 250 miles north - basically grew up and had similar experiences to the rest of us here and WTF - she's talibanning young girls into carrying babies of their rapists? How does that even happen?
You forget that she spent her college years as a branch manager in one of daddy's banks. Maybe she didn't have time for the real world.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm

You forget that she spent her college years as a branch manager in one of daddy's banks. Maybe she didn't have time for the real world.
I don't care if she was a tri-Delt Miss Teen Suburbia in 1972 there's no excuse for her view now. I do wonder if that ridiculous level of talibonnery is new or if she's thought that all along. Maybe she was more normal before Trump.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm

I don't care if she was a tri-Delt Miss Teen Suburbia in 1972 there's no excuse for her view now. I do wonder if that ridiculous level of talibonnery is new or if she's thought that all along. Maybe she was more normal before Trump.
I doubt she was ever normal, but she was probably more reasonable as repugs were Bt (before trump)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:32 pm
I'd guess decades of being a fundie, briefly suspended for her own abortion that she's been guilt-ridden about ever since and is extremely overcompensating for.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I'm not sure why people are getting so triggered by these anti-abortion jerks.

For example, the CDC says: "The majority of abortions in 2019 took place early in gestation: 92.7% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation;"

Those abortions, and then some, would still be legal with the proposed 15 week limit.

However I do understand that there can be cases where the mother has been forced, chose, or otherwise influenced against her will to delay the abortion past the 15 week limit. Not sure if the bill Schmidt is pushing would allow those abortions, and for what reasons.

And I'm sure there are some zealots who want all abortions banned. It's a difficult subject but I'm 100% in favor of a woman's right to choose.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:58 pm
Gee, if we only had some clue as to what "triggered" billy.pilgrim.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:39 am
Proof of alien space lizard invaders right here. There's no way this person is human.

"Getting pregnant by your rapist is actually “an opportunity,” according to Ohio state Rep. Jean Schmidt (R), who testified Wednesday in favor of a bill to curb abortion in Ohio. Schmidt says rape is “difficult” and may leave emotional scars on its survivors—“but if a baby is created, it is a human life. And whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not, the scars will not go away. Period. It is a shame that it happens, but there’s an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is,” Schmidt said." ...
Ulysses wrote:
... Those abortions, and then some, would still be legal with the proposed 15 week limit.

However I do understand that there can be cases where the mother has been forced, chose, or otherwise influenced against her will to delay the abortion past the 15 week limit. Not sure if the bill Schmidt is pushing would allow those abortions, and for what reasons.
What "proposed 15 week limit" are you blabbering about? Get someone to explain this to you:
... Schmidt’s gross comments were a part of the former congresswoman’s push to pass a “trigger ban” in Ohio. “Trigger bans” are legislation that would outlaw abortion if Roe v. Wade was ruled unconstitutional, or more recently, if a constitutional amendment ruling abortion a state issue. Among the actual provisions of the bill include punishing abortion providers with a felony and license forfeiture, banning medication abortion, and banning abortion pills. “If it will be used for an abortion alone, and for not other medical uses, it won’t be allowed,” Schmidt said....
Comprehend much?
And I'm sure there are some zealots who want all abortions banned....
Like Schmidt, duh.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Gee, if we only had some clue as to what "triggered" billy.pilgrim.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:39 am

"Getting pregnant by your rapist is actually “an opportunity,” according to Ohio state Rep. Jean Schmidt (R), who testified Wednesday in favor of a bill to curb abortion in Ohio. Schmidt says rape is “difficult” and may leave emotional scars on its survivors—“but if a baby is created, it is a human life. And whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not, the scars will not go away. Period. It is a shame that it happens, but there’s an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is,” Schmidt said." ...
Ulysses wrote:
... Those abortions, and then some, would still be legal with the proposed 15 week limit.

What "proposed 15 week limit" are you blabbering about? Get someone to explain this to you:
... Schmidt’s gross comments were a part of the former congresswoman’s push to pass a “trigger ban” in Ohio. “Trigger bans” are legislation that would outlaw abortion if Roe v. Wade was ruled unconstitutional, or more recently, if a constitutional amendment ruling abortion a state issue. Among the actual provisions of the bill include punishing abortion providers with a felony and license forfeiture, banning medication abortion, and banning abortion pills. “If it will be used for an abortion alone, and for not other medical uses, it won’t be allowed,” Schmidt said....
Comprehend much?
And I'm sure there are some zealots who want all abortions banned....
Like Schmidt, duh.
So strange the way he gives opinions on articles that he hasn't read.