A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, not even ON the golf course. And the dog walker was a resident. No "strange looking black guy" defence available.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:42 am
This could be in several of our threads, but it is about "Florida Man"
Geezer shoots dog walker and chases him down in a golf cart.
Welcome to Desantistan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retirees-gun ... 31623.html
Best line in the linked article:

"I smell a stand-your-grass dog-poop case on the horizon."

And, interestingly enough, last week I attempted to smooth over a neighborhood dispute over someone allegedly walking their tiny dog on a leash (named Freda) to a house across the street and allegedly failing to clean up the poop. I have offered up my observation that I've seen stray tiny dogs come down the street and soil lawns, and that those likely were the offenders. I've had good relations with both parties. I'm not sure where it all stands today, but haven't heard any shots fired so far.

Stay tuned.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Secret religious society in Florida high school raises questions about sexual abuse of students...

State records shed light on ‘cult-like’ secret society operating at Leesburg High School
LEESBURG, Fla. — Channel 9 is learning more about an alleged “cult-like” secret society operating within Leesburg High School involving both faculty and students.

Records show it was started as some kind of religious group by two school employees and a few former students.

Gabriel Fielder has requested a chance to resign in lieu of termination after a report was made to Leesburg police by a former student who said he was “a member of a secret society at Leesburg High School called the Elder Council.”

The student said it was a cult-like group led by Field. Others also referred to it as a cult to Channel 9.
Also:

Leesburg band director, counselor accused of operating ‘cult-like’ secret society within school
LEESBURG, Fla. — A long-time Leesburg High School band director and a guidance counselor who also helped lead the band are off the job while under investigation, after allegations the band director was leading a “cult-like” secret society inside the school, according to police.

The student also said that while he attended the high school, the guidance counselor, who was in the group, sent him sexually explicit messages and asked to meet up with him, and the band director knew about it and deleted the messages.

Leesburg High School guidance counselor Leonardo “Lenny” Finelli Jr. once served as music and marching instructor under long-time band director Gabriel Fielder.

During that time, the student said Finelli “requested for them to meet up,” and asked the student what his penis size was and about his sexual orientation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Govt...

Unread post by Vrede too »

DeSantis signs bill mandating communism lessons in class, as GOP leans on education

Gee, do you suppose they'll include lessons on Repug 'private profit, socialized risk' schemes, and what day is set aside for fascism lessons?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Seniors...

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Florida Seniors...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm
Some things just don't ever happen in other states.

Large dead shark hanging from rafters of Florida high school prompts investigation

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americ ... g-petition

"According to investigators, a student from the high school said the hanging dead shark was a senior prank.

School officials say, five Ponte Vedra High students have been identified by investigators as having hoisted the shark at the school, after gutting it and storing it in a freezer Wednesday."

"Ponte Vedra’s school mascot is a shark.

A petition on Change.org was started by One Protest, an advocacy group calling for the criminal prosecution of the seniors involved in the prank."

I'm not sure why PETA or One Protest is upset about a Senior prank that involved displaying the carcass of the school mascot.
Live or tortured I understand.

You don't want to know what the 100 Tennessee seniors did.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:42 pm
... I'm not sure why PETA or One Protest is upset about a Senior prank that involved displaying the carcass of the school mascot.
Live or tortured I understand....
From my link:
The incident has prompted outrage on social media, with some accusing the participants of “wanton waste” while others say it counts as animal cruelty.

“A prank shouldn’t involve something being killed!” one commenter wrote on Facebook....
I agree. Plus, hasn't any hooked and landed fish been tortured?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:42 pm
... I'm not sure why PETA or One Protest is upset about a Senior prank that involved displaying the carcass of the school mascot.
Live or tortured I understand....
From my link:
The incident has prompted outrage on social media, with some accusing the participants of “wanton waste” while others say it counts as animal cruelty.

“A prank shouldn’t involve something being killed!” one commenter wrote on Facebook....
I agree. Plus, hasn't any hooked and landed fish been tortured?
I guess waste could apply.

But they bought it already caught and gutted.

I consider killing 4 day old calves for veal to be a far greater sin.
And baby lambs - not on my menu.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

That shark wasn't harvested for food.

It was killed for blood sport and a juvenile prank.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Which has nothing to do with the kids- does it?

I have seen stories of several 50+ pound gars caught for sport. One was a rare 5 ft solid black gar. None of those "caught for sport" fish caused as much concern as some seniors buying an already caught and gutted shark.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

A British man caught a trophy only fish.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/fishing/boy ... unce-carp/

Same in Texas

https://www.fieldandstream.com/fishing/ ... gar-texas/

Tarpon are fished from Virginia to Brazil and are rarely eaten.

Muskie for dinner or wall, idk.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:36 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Which has nothing to do with the kids- does it?

-0-? -0-?

Don't see any information that it was purchased.

Is it "sport" when it's not mounted or caught in competition or caught and released?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"We have learned the shark was harvested Tuesday night (5/3), gutted, and stored in a freezer prior to being hung.”

Love that word "harvested." As long as it was "harvested" and not just caught and killed, I'm sure everything is fine. At least that's what the deer murderers tell me.

Of course, they may not miss that one too much.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:27 pm

They released the carp back into the water after weighing it

-0-?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

Same in Texas

https://www.fieldandstream.com/fishing/ ... gar-texas/ ...
Those were both released. Still torture for sport, but not a waste except for the fish that die from their injuries.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Same in Texas

https://www.fieldandstream.com/fishing/ ... gar-texas/ ...
Those were both released. Still torture for sport, but not a waste except for the fish that die from their injuries.
Personally, I sort of admire or pity, depending on what mood I'm in, those fish that jump from the water right into your boat....no hooks, lines, or sinkers. But if the guy in the boat began whacking them with a tennis racket in midair I'd say he deserves a fish slap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Bf0WhvsNk

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:07 am
Personally, I sort of admire or pity, depending on what mood I'm in, those fish that jump from the water right into your boat....no hooks, lines, or sinkers. But if the guy in the boat began whacking them with a tennis racket in midair I'd say he deserves a fish slap.
There was a boat ramp in Florida that had warning signs because someone had recently been killed by a kamikaze fish slap. :shock:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:16 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:07 am
There was a boat ramp in Florida that had warning signs because someone had recently been killed by a kamikaze fish slap. :shock:
Fish are lucky. If an alligator or bear or panther killed somebody near a boat ramp, the killer would be hunted down and killed. But on the other hand, not many people eat alligators or bears or panthers. The whole goddamn thing is fishy if you ask me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Middle Schoolers...

Fish slaps all around:

Florida middle schoolers post racist photo using N-word to social media
School district officials confirmed the photo was authentic. They said it was taken by students at Hidden Oaks Middle School

Sadly, there's racism everywhere, but these 6 White kids sure are stupid!

Palm City racial composition
(NH = Non-Hispanic)
White (NH) 21,803 84.24%
Black or African American (NH) 253 0.98%

Surprise, surprise.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Florida Middle Schoolers...

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm
Fish slaps all around:

Florida middle schoolers post racist photo using N-word to social media
School district officials confirmed the photo was authentic. They said it was taken by students at Hidden Oaks Middle School

Sadly, there's racism everywhere, but these 6 White kids sure are stupid!

Palm City racial composition
(NH = Non-Hispanic)
White (NH) 21,803 84.24%
Black or African American (NH) 253 0.98%

Surprise, surprise.

School administration and Board must be all white, because this don't sound like the way schools treat a "brother".

"Students who were involved in this disgraceful incident will be provided the due process afforded under federal and state law, and our investigation will not compromise those rights.

“The District is, however, appalled, and saddened by this incident which is contrary to our values, and the ideals that are instilled in our students.

“Upon the completion of its investigation, the District will mete out appropriate disciplinary consequences to any students who participated in this behavior, pursuant to the District’s Code of Student Conduct. Federal law precludes us from identifying specific students and the specific disciplinary actions taken."'