A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Florida Middle Schoolers...

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm
Fish slaps all around:

Florida middle schoolers post racist photo using N-word to social media
School district officials confirmed the photo was authentic. They said it was taken by students at Hidden Oaks Middle School

Sadly, there's racism everywhere, but these 6 White kids sure are stupid!

Palm City racial composition
(NH = Non-Hispanic)
White (NH) 21,803 84.24%
Black or African American (NH) 253 0.98%

Surprise, surprise.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:52 pm
School administration and Board must be all white, because this don't sound like the way schools treat a "brother".

"Students who were involved in this disgraceful incident will be provided the due process afforded under federal and state law, and our investigation will not compromise those rights.

“The District is, however, appalled, and saddened by this incident which is contrary to our values, and the ideals that are instilled in our students.

“Upon the completion of its investigation, the District will mete out appropriate disciplinary consequences to any students who participated in this behavior, pursuant to the District’s Code of Student Conduct. Federal law precludes us from identifying specific students and the specific disciplinary actions taken."'
I'm sure they've already been IDed all over local social media and beyond. Their hateful stupidity will follow them for the rest of their lives - HS, college admissions, potential romance, jobs, professional associations, etc. Good.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by O Really »

Ummm, I understand the drag of suit-wary bureaucracy, but seriously - how much "investigation" do you need? It's either them or it's not, but there isn't any acceptable explanation for the pic. Oh wait, they were celebrating the first peaceful change in power in the Republic of Niger. Where did the extra "G" come from - oh, they don't know, it was supposed to be in some other display.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Gee, banning critical race theory from FL public schools in spite of the fact that it isn't part of any public school curriculum in order to solve a problem that doesn't exist serves to create a problem. Imagine that.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

It's gonna be buried.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:28 pm
Ummm, I understand the drag of suit-wary bureaucracy, but seriously - how much "investigation" do you need? It's either them or it's not, but there isn't any acceptable explanation for the pic. Oh wait, they were celebrating the first peaceful change in power in the Republic of Niger. Where did the extra "G" come from - oh, they don't know, it was supposed to be in some other display.
Great minds . . . SNL Weekend Update: Shocking instance of Florida students being able to spell.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I think this is amazing and inspiring....Amish guy in OH was "pulled over" because he was passed out drunk in his horse drawn buggy at 2:43am and blows a .63 :shock: Those Amish guys sure know how to party.
https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-deputy-enco ... 18394.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

An Ohio Man...

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:39 am
I think this is amazing and inspiring....Amish guy in OH was "pulled over" because he was passed out drunk in his horse drawn buggy at 2:43am and blows a .63 :shock: Those Amish guys sure know how to party.
... The person operating the horse and buggy was identified as Nathan Miller, who took a breathalyzer test and registered a .063%, according to police.

Miller was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence.
So, drunk by behavior, but not by breathalyzer. 2 beers is all it takes for an Amish guy.

".63" = immediate call for an ambulance and worry about charges later.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: An Ohio Man...

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:00 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:39 am
... The person operating the horse and buggy was identified as Nathan Miller, who took a breathalyzer test and registered a .063%, according to police.

Miller was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence.
So, drunk by behavior, but not by breathalyzer. 2 beers is all it takes for an Amish guy.

".63" = immediate call for an ambulance and worry about charges later.
The horse didn't want to pull over, the cops had to block it with their car. :lol:

You know the horse knew the way home.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: An Ohio Man...

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:16 am
The horse didn't want to pull over, the cops had to block it with their car. :lol:

You know the horse knew the way home.
... Police initially responded to 911 calls from people who claimed the buggy was "all over the road."

After pursuing the horse and buggy in a low-speed chase, the deputy eventually blocked the buggy with his car, but the buggy hit the cruiser....
It's like Tesla's Autopilot. :wave:
viewtopic.php?p=168556#p168556
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Miller was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence."

I don't think that's gonna fly, with a .063. Maybe some other charge involving "endangerment" but not DUI. Very well could have a low alcohol tolerance, but he also could have been exhausted. Those guys work pretty hard all day, and if he was out carousing 'til the middle of the night a relaxing ride toward home in his buggy could have drifted him right off. Needs a good English lawyer.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:00 am
"Miller was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence."

I don't think that's gonna fly, with a .063. Maybe some other charge involving "endangerment" but not DUI. Very well could have a low alcohol tolerance, but he also could have been exhausted. Those guys work pretty hard all day, and if he was out carousing 'til the middle of the night a relaxing ride toward home in his buggy could have drifted him right off. Needs a good English lawyer.
I went with the .63 reading, which would logically mean you died at about .50 and somehow kept drinking. But as you note, I don't know of any state DUI statutes that set a threshold as low as .06
Most of the country had the .10 standard until the MADD folks got most of those tightened to .08
neotip: .08 hesitate, .10 don't go.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

... "There is a Bud Light can sitting in there and he’s passed clean out," Talbert says. "We got a drunk Amish guy passed out in a buggy." ...
Idk what the wording of Ohio impaired driver law is, but it MIGHT include Bud Light-assisted sleepiness.

Is it a possible defense if they failed to test the weaving, cruiser-ramming horse?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

RA Florida Men ...

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... n-florida/

Device can steal up to 3 million dollars of diesel fuel is legal in Florida.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Fish ...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:06 pm
Even your fish be :crazy: .

School of fish circle swimmer in the gulf
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: A New York man......

Why?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A New York man......

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:47 pm
Why?
This confuses me.
Why did the asshole pull into the striped median?
Why didn't s/he pull back into the travel lane?
Why did s/he post evidence of the crime? You can bet the firefighters recorded the plate number.
Why didn't the fire truck pass the asshole in the travel lane and shoulder, unless there was a car stopped on the shoulder that we can't see?

Why didn't the firefighters exit their truck, break the asshole's window, drag him out and move the asshole's truck out of the way on their own? :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... n-vaccines

Pretty cool Ron, wait until the day before the Special Olympics to threaten Special Needs People with a 27.5 million dollar fine for trying to stay safe.

But I still can't figure how cpac was allowed to require vaccination, or negative testing.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:00 pm

Pretty cool Ron, wait until the day before the Special Olympics to threaten Special Needs People with a 27.5 million dollar fine for trying to stay safe.

But I still can't figure how cpac was allowed to require vaccination, or negative testing.
:headscratch: You are part of the 2 page discussion on the issue in a different thread.
viewtopic.php?t=4151&p=169521#p169521
Is there a special reason for this post in a new thread?

Was the law enacted before or after CPAC?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:00 pm

:headscratch: You are part of the 2 page discussion on the issue in a different thread.
viewtopic.php?t=4151&p=169521#p169521
Is there a special reason for this post in a new thread?

Was the law enacted before or after CPAC?
Oh well, I read ago it several days ago and forgot that it was discussed under COVIDiots. He is an idiot, to be sure, and I sincerely wish he had Covid, but sadly, I'm sure he's been vaccinated and for damn sure I know he's a prime example of the insanity observed in Florida by pasty white creatures in funny clothes from way-up north somerswhere who are largely responsible for this so-called Florida man description. Studies show that 96.5% of Florida Man stories are about New Yorkers, 4th generation actual Florida Crackers and Clinton Tyree.