A Florida Man...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Florida Man...

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:57 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:46 pm

We can hope, but as they say RFK Jr is a heartbeat away from being the leading Dem candidate. :problem:
Anyone else besides Jolting Joe running? :lol:
My point. That said, Gavin has been serious about his understudy duties.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:57 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:46 pm

We can hope, but as they say RFK Jr is a heartbeat away from being the leading Dem candidate. :problem:
Anyone else besides Jolting Joe running? :lol:
My point. That said, Gavin has been serious about his understudy duties.
The void would be filled.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:42 am
Knock on wood, if it comes late in the primaries or after the nomination I think the DNC would have no choice other than Kamala, for better or worse.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:31 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Knock on wood, if it comes late in the primaries or after the nomination I think the DNC would have no choice other than Kamala, for better or worse.
There's probably the rules about that. :D
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

I'd just as soon throw my vote away on a write in for Al Franken as Kamala.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:16 am
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
There's probably the rules about that. :D
I'm not sure. Regardless, dumping her when she has the nomination or is very close to it will alienate a bunch of Blacks and women that the Dems can't afford to lose.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:27 am
I'd just as soon throw my vote away on a write in for Al Franken as Kamala.
It would not please me either, but here in purple NC I would hold my nose and vote for her. If enough lefties in critical states agree with you the POTUS will be GQP.

Maybe Jill should get out there more, just in case.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Here's some scenarios -
If Joe should become totally incapacitated, then Kamala would be Pres and ostensibly be running as the incumbent, subject to primary challenge.

If Joe could continue as Pres, but decide not to run any longer, Kamala would have no automatic route to the nomination. Gavin could step up and say, "I'll do it."

If Joe got the nomination, and then crashed out, Kamala would be Pres, but would still not automatically inherit the nomination for 2024.

If they suspect that for whatever reason, Joe isn't going to make it to the 2024 election, they could decide to challenge in primaries which might work or might be a big backfire

I hope the people directly involved in all of this know what they're doing and giving it a lot of though. But they're Dems, so I'm not feeling real confident about that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:43 pm
Here's some scenarios -
If Joe should become totally incapacitated, then Kamala would be Pres and ostensibly be running as the incumbent, subject to primary challenge.

Agreed.

If Joe could continue as Pres, but decide not to run any longer, Kamala would have no automatic route to the nomination. Gavin could step up and say, "I'll do it."

Agreed, if it's early enough.

If Joe got the nomination, and then crashed out, Kamala would be Pres, but would still not automatically inherit the nomination for 2024.

Disagree. For the DNC to hand it someone else would be a huge slap in the face to Black women and their allies. If enough of them stay home the Dems lose. I think this is also true if something happens to Joe late in the primary season. It would be very offensive for a brokered convention to broker out a Black woman, even if Kamala is no Michelle . . . Saaay, Michelle might be the one person that could get away with replacing Kamala. :think:

If they suspect that for whatever reason, Joe isn't going to make it to the 2024 election, they could decide to challenge in primaries which might work or might be a big backfire

Agreed, that would be the time and method.

I hope the people directly involved in all of this know what they're doing and giving it a lot of thought. But they're Dems, so I'm not feeling real confident about that.

To be fair, just discussing the options will piss off one group or another, maybe all groups. I agree that there should be preparation, but the Dems doing so will have to tread carefully.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:16 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:43 pm
Here's some scenarios -

Agreed.

Agreed, if it's early enough.

Disagree. For the DNC to hand it someone else would be a huge slap in the face to Black women and their allies. If enough of them stay home the Dems lose. I think this is also true if something happens to Joe late in the primary season. It would be very offensive for a brokered convention to broker out a Black woman, even if Kamala is no Michelle . . . Saaay, Michelle might be the one person that could get away with replacing Kamala. :think:

Agreed, that would be the time and method.

I hope the people directly involved in all of this know what they're doing and giving it a lot of thought. But they're Dems, so I'm not feeling real confident about that.

To be fair, just discussing the options will piss off one group or another, maybe all groups. I agree that there should be preparation, but the Dems doing so will have to tread carefully.
Nah, here's the real plan.

Great minds.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:16 pm

... Saaay, Michelle might be the one person that could get away with replacing Kamala. :think:

Nah, here's the real plan.

Great minds.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 1121384660
:D One or both of us are broken clocks.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Michelle was very popular among everybody but birther-types. But she hasn't maintained enough of a public political presence to now run for President. Hillary had the right strategy - get elected to the Senate in a major state and get a Cabinet job, but unfortunately the Hillary-haters weren't having it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:48 pm
Michelle was very popular among everybody but birther-types. But she hasn't maintained enough of a public political presence to now run for President. Hillary had the right strategy - get elected to the Senate in a major state and get a Cabinet job, but unfortunately the Hillary-haters weren't having it.
She wants nothing to do with it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

An Illinois Woman...

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:57 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:48 pm
She wants nothing to do with it.
I'm not saying that it will happen. I'm just opining that Michelle is the only person that could push Kamala aside at a brokered convention or afterwards without causing the certain loss of the general.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: An Illinois Woman...

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:15 pm

I'm not saying that it will happen. I'm just opining that Michelle is the only person that could push Kamala aside at a brokered convention or afterwards without causing the certain loss of the general.
Nobody would publicly push Kamala aside. She'd announce that for (whatever) reason, she has decided not to run.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:55 pm
Nobody would publicly push Kamala aside. She'd announce that for (whatever) reason, she has decided not to run.
A Black woman running for VP suddenly deciding that she doesn't want to be POTUS, absent a major, proven medical event with her or close family, seems unlikely to me. It wouldn't be just about her, it would also be about who and what she represents.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:48 pm
O Really wrote:
A barely Blackish woman running for VP suddenly deciding that she doesn't want to be POTUS, absent a major, proven medical event with her or close family, seems unlikely to me. It wouldn't be just about her, it would also be about who and what she represents.
FTFY

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
A barely Blackish woman running for VP suddenly deciding that she doesn't want to be POTUS, absent a major, proven medical event with her or close family, seems unlikely to me. It wouldn't be just about her, it would also be about who and what she represents.
FTFY
That's not how Black women and their allies will see it in "one drop" America, and that's what will matter at the polls.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:52 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
FTFY
That's not how Black women and their allies will see it in "one drop" America, and that's what will matter at the polls.
Isn't that one drop bullshit from English Law?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Multiracial CA Woman...

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
-0-? , but it's carried tremendous weight in Amerikkka.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: A Multiracial CA Woman...

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:29 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
-0-? , but it's carried tremendous weight in Amerikkka.
I'm not familiar with the one drop bs here. I am familiar with "any" being a qualifer.
To whichever or whatever I say, So what? People are people.