all First Trailer Trash Family

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:38 am

Is it "Taking a bow" if she doesn't cite her donations in her tweets? I just guessed at them, then we had to search for mentions.

Well, we are talking about it. :lol:

Mission accomplished.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:51 am
Vrede too wrote:

Is it "Taking a bow" if she doesn't cite her donations in her tweets? I just guessed at them, then we had to search for mentions.

Mission accomplished.
Only because I made the assumption that a big donation was involved :wave: , and y'all then questioned my assumption :P .

Again, I'll be more impressed if there's a photo op of her dropping a Molotov cocktail onto a Russian tank from a balcony :D . Or, her boarding and seizing an oligarch's super yacht, which would be ironic.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:16 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:22 am

Well, it turns out that she's (probably) donated a million meals and five cargo planes of medical supplies, along with any associated cash. That's a much bigger check than I was guessing, and it buys a lot of recipient toleration for photo ops.
Donated a couple of months ago....

Taking a bow today because she didn't get enough PR? Anyone think it's altruism?

https://www.queerty.com/ivanka-like-med ... e-20220329

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ivanka ... n-refugees

From the 1st article - perfection

Then the fox article
First line, "Ivanka purchased a million meals"
Later in the article she contributed "hundreds of thousands of dollars".

Using fox math a one hundred thousand dollar donation can be rounded to 2 hundred thousand, which qualifies as "hundreds".

Using actual math shows that she probably either gave out 10 to 20 cent meals, or threw a little of her money at people while cameras rolled.

These people don't do good, never have and never will.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Looks like the menu is beans, seasoned with added blonde hair.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 am
Looks like the menu is beans, seasoned with added bleached blonde hair.

FTFY.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:17 am

Only because I made the assumption that a big donation was involved :wave: , and y'all then questioned my assumption :P .

More or less.

The donation was made a couple of months before her trip and it still appears to me that she's taking a lap on the previous donation.

One of my favorite Ivanka moments.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:49 am
I don't know anything about CityServe other than it was founded in 2015 and its website lists no obvious trump allied names in its list of directors, advisers, etc. I don't see anything anonymous about her efforts or activities in the link; what I see is self promotion of CityServe with honorable mentions for her. I will concede that she is the least repulsive of the trump scum pond but that's as far as I'll go.
born one tippytoe from home plate and completely absorbed in her own greatness of having hit a homer.
every time she presented herself on a world stage for trump she was the ultimate empty suit. she's proven herself to be the caricature of a dumb blonde. Her talents are walking like a model and presenting herself like a fashion queen.

She'll be appointed governor somewhere within 10 years.
Not long ago I read a story that was from a reputable source (don't remember what source specifically, but I rarely read anything from disreputable or questionable sources unless just to poke my ridicule or wtf tendencies) and the story mentioned that when she and her husband were renting that house in DC they initially allowed their SS agents to use the bathroom at their house but soon began refusing them that privilege; the agents then used the bathroom at the Obamas' house around the corner. That's the kind of people the trumps are, have always been, and always will be.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Mission accomplished.
More like mention accomplished.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Again, I'll be more impressed if there's a photo op of her dropping a Molotov cocktail onto a Russian tank from a balcony :D . Or, her boarding and seizing an oligarch's super yacht, which would be ironic.
Your initial premise was that "it would make no sense to me for a fat cat like Ivanka" to not make a big donation. Since when has anything trump made any sense?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
The medical supplies must have been less than a couple of months ago since your links don't mention them. Is it "Taking a bow" if she doesn't cite her donations in her tweets? I just guessed at them, then we had to search for mentions.

My link said something about CityServe inviting her. I guess that's a 'Thank you' while promoting themselves. My thinking all along has been more about what donees will tolerate than it has been about ascribing motives or praise to a Trump.

I wouldn't be entirely as harsh as your first link. Sure, fat cats boast about their giving for selfish purposes, but they also do so to inspire/shame other fat cats into giving.
Vrede too wrote:

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 am
More or less.

The donation was made a couple of months before her trip and it still appears to me that she's taking a lap on the previous donation.
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:14 pm
Your initial premise was that "it would make no sense to me for a fat cat like Ivanka" to not make a big donation. Since when has anything trump made any sense?
:roll: Again, guys, I'm applying logic to the entire situation, NOT trying to credit Ivanka with saintly motives or actions.

We know these things:
She gave a million meals 2 months ago.
Since then she gave 5 planeloads of medical supplies.
She was invited by CityServe to visit.
Recipients do this in order to show their appreciation AND in hopes of getting more donations.
Donors understand this and are unlikely to accept such invitations unless they're prepared to give even more.

We don't have to know or guess at bleached blonde Ivanka's motivations.

In other words, it just makes far more sense to assume that her charity is continuing. This is merely reading how all fat cat giving works, not giving Ivanka more kudos than anyone else that is supporting Ukrainian relief or other good causes.

I'm all for trashing Ivanka at every opportunity, but when y'all imply that I'm naive for merely expressing what we know about how major giving operates, I will object.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
I don't know anything about CityServe other than it was founded in 2015 and its website lists no obvious trump allied names in its list of directors, advisers, etc. I don't see anything anonymous about her efforts or activities in the link; what I see is self promotion of CityServe with honorable mentions for her. I will concede that she is the least repulsive of the trump scum pond but that's as far as I'll go.
born one tippytoe from home plate and completely absorbed in her own greatness of having hit a homer.
every time she presented herself on a world stage for trump she was the ultimate empty suit. she's proven herself to be the caricature of a dumb blonde. Her talents are walking like a model and presenting herself like a fashion queen.

Not long ago I read a story that was from a reputable source (don't remember what source specifically, but I rarely read anything from disreputable or questionable sources unless just to poke my ridicule or wtf tendencies) and the story mentioned that when she and her husband were renting that house in DC they initially allowed their SS agents to use the bathroom at their house but soon began refusing them that privilege; the agents then used the bathroom at the Obamas' house around the corner. That's the kind of people the trumps are, have always been, and always will be.
I read the same, but I don't think they were ever allowed to use to use any of her thrones. I remember that they were initially able to use the bathroom at a vacant neighboring house until the owners came back, then they were told to find their own and turned to Obama.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

I read the same, but I don't think they were ever allowed to use to use any of her thrones. I remember that they were initially able to use the bathroom at a vacant neighboring house until the owners came back, then they were told to find their own and turned to Obama.

Yep, the kushners and trumps are shit - WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... d-kushner/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Yep, the kushners and trumps are shit - WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... d-kushner/
No WaPo pay wall:

Secret Service Barred From Jared And Ivanka's Bathrooms Rented A Toilet For $3,000 A Month

There seems to have been some dispute over the root of the situation:
... A White House spokesperson told The Washington Post that it was the Secret Service’s decision — not Trump and Kushner’s — to keep agents out of the home. But, the outlet reported, “that account is disputed by a law enforcement official familiar with the situation, who said the agents were kept out at the family’s request.”

In a statement sent to CNN and The Washington Post after the story was published, a Secret Service spokesperson also highlighted that the couple did not deny the agents access to a bathroom.

“The Secret Service makes every effort, particularly at a residence, to conduct protective operations with minimum impact on a household. In accordance with this practice, Secret Service personnel do not request access to the facilities at private residences. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have not denied Secret Service personnel access to their home to include use of the restroom,” the spokesperson said.

White House spokesman Judd Deere also told The Washington Post that “it was only after a decision by the [Secret Service] was made that their detail sought other accommodations.”
-0-?
These alternate accommodations were found after a port-a-potty set up for the agents drew protests from Kalorama residents in 2017.
No backyard? :headscratch:
From Sept. 27, 2017, onwards, they rented an 820-square-foot basement with a “tidy bathroom” from Kay Kendall, chair of the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities. At $3,000 a month in rent, the basement has cost $144,000 in taxpayer dollars thus far....
Yikes, $3,000 a month for an 820-square-foot basement?! :o

You'll appreciate this:
This reminds me of when in The Help, Minny wasn't allowed to use the restroom so she made that shit pie... Just saying.

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

If I were one of their SS protectors I'd shit in a bag in the back of the Suburban and then dump it on their front yard or maybe right next to the front door. And ring the bell. It's why I'm not with the SS. There are no admirals in that outfit.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:11 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:14 pm
:roll: Again, guys, I'm applying logic to the entire situation, NOT trying to credit Ivanka with saintly motives or actions.
Well, first off, you can't apply logic to anything about trump or trumpism. That includes everybody in the goddamn family. And as for lobbing Molotov cocktails from a balcony, Don junior is your man. Ivanka wouldn't foul her nails with shit like that. Much less be able to handle a launcher. She'd probably incinerate the guy behind her and then send the family a check for $500 and crow about it. I'd have a modicum of respect for her if she were more like Nancy Cunard. But she's not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Cunard

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

For about ten years I had $75 a month taken out of my pay that was supposed to be sent to United Way. No idea if it actually was. When the job and the plant closed, United Way had to share in my deprivation. No idea if they actually did. At the time I was earning about 30K a year. Ivaka was probably in middle school dreaming about her future philanthropy. After I lost that job, United Way didn't say "i'm not getting any money from you." And if they did, I didn't hear it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 pm
Well, first off, you can't apply logic to anything about trump or trumpism. That includes everybody in the goddamn family....
Agreed in principle, except non-Trumps are involved and I was correct - the visit is associated with huge donations from her (or whoever she stole from), which you bet against.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, I guess I lose.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Seriously?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:22 am
Seriously?

1312. ETTD.