Heroes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Heroes

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm
Raiders DE Carl Nassib comes out as gay, becomes first active NFL player to do so

This should be a ho-hum moment. I hope, perhaps unrealistically, that's what it mostly ends up being.
Sounds like he's good in the locker room. Good on the Raiders.
The former Penn State standout wrote that he is “incredibly thankful” to the league, his coaches and teammates for their support.

“I would not have been able to do this without them. From the jump, I was greeted with the utmost respect and acceptance,” he wrote. “I truly love my life and cannot understand why I have been blessed this much. I feel especially thankful to have had so much support when many who came before — and many even now — do not.”
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 pm
What happens in Vegas . . . ;) :gayhappy:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Picture this: a pleasure boat with four people aboard got stuck with 1/3 of it hanging over the edge of a very tall dam at a lake in Austin, Texas. Whoever managed to tow them to safety is probably a hero to those folks.

Boaters have a close call with a Texas dam

The vessel - with its four passengers - was rescued after becoming stuck at the top of the Longhorn Dam in Austin, Texas. The dam is located in Lady Bird Lake, a popular recreation spot in the centre of the city.
(Hey Whack9, looks like drone video!)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Oregon man knocks out, hogties active shooter, according to Portland police

Oregon authorities say a Portland shooting incident saw 29 bullets fly before witnesses subdued and beat up the suspect – who was the only person injured.

A neighbor snuck up an on the gunman and knocked him out before others helped tie him up, according to the Portland Police Bureau.

Luke Stolarzyk, 32, allegedly fired more than two dozen rounds "indiscriminately" at an occupied apartment building in Southwest Portland at around 1 a.m. on June 29, according to an arrest affidavit.

No one was injured – except for Stolarzyk after witnesses "disarmed and detained him."

After being woken up by a loud argument, a neighbor identified in court documents as John Dickson went outside and saw the suspect with a handgun and green laser.

Stolarzyk left – but then came back with an AR-15, which he is accused of firing at random toward a row of apartments, the affidavit alleges.

Dickson crept up and bashed the 140-pound suspect with a stick. Then he wrestled the gun away, narrowly avoiding getting shot, and pummeled Stolarzyk with his fists until he was unconscious, according to the affidavit.
:clap: :-|| Creep softly and carry a big stick.
... The incident started after a dispute over noise and a dog between Stolarzyk and another neighbor, Kenneth Nelson, according to the court documents.
"noise and a dog"? Seriously?
... Responding officers took Stolarzyk to a hospital and charged him with multiple counts of unlawful use of a weapon, criminal mischief and discharging a firearm.

On Monday, police filed additional charges, including attempted murder and nine counts of reckless endangerment. In all, he faces seven felonies and 10 misdemeanors.

A booking photo from the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office shows him with two black eyes and other facial bruising.

His bond on the top charge of attempted second-degree murder was set at $250,000.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The whole thing brings to mind an old Rolling Stones song; "Flip the Switch." "A scrap of flesh and a heap of bones; one deep sigh and a desperate moan; three black eyes and a busted nose, I said oh, yeah oh, yeah; take me up, baby I'm ready to go...."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Video shows miraculous moment a man catches toddler falling from sixth floor of building in China

In CCTV footage uploaded to Twitter on Friday by China’s foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijiang, the man is seen on July 19 talking on the phone as he rushes towards the front of the building, briefly slipping. He then looks upwards and catches the quickly falling toddler in his arms.

... After receiving treatment at the Tongxiang Second People’s Hospital on Friday, the toddler was discharged.

The man told Chinese media outlets that he heard a bang coming from the top of the apartment building and looked up to see the small toddler tumbling out of the window. He described himself as lucky to have caught the girl on time and explained that it was sheer instinct....
:shock: :-||

I'm a little surprised that kid and catcher weren't both badly injured.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Dick Cheney . . . hero???

He Knows It

:---P :clap:
Every word Dick Cheney is saying is true about Trump but when Dick Cheney becomes our barometer for integrity we are all in deep trouble.
:thumbup:

Philly, O Really:

'Give me the baby': Good Samaritan saves child from tragedy along I-95
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Raiders DE Carl Nassib comes out as gay, becomes first active NFL player to do so

This should be a ho-hum moment. I hope, perhaps unrealistically, that's what it mostly ends up being.

He's now a 2nd string OLB for the Bucs. Good on the NFL and America that we're not hearing about "That gay player".

Teen's eulogy to ‘racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, Trump-loving’ father at his funeral goes viral

Agree with the venue or not, Saga spoke a truth inspired by their hateful father. As the book title says:
Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever, 2018
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 pm
More details:
It looks bad for Rebekah. She did it, but the state's lack of security may get them laughed out of court.

The system that she accessed has 1,750 users and they all use the same username and password.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/01/re ... covid.html
Mixed result:

Charges against former state health department worker dismissed after she admits guilt

The headline is somewhat inaccurate, dismissed in 2 years if ...
... On December 8, 2022, Jones announced, via the social media platform substack, that the state attorney was dismissing the charges against her, contingent, in part, on her $20,000 payment to police for “investigative costs.”

While detailing the terms of the deferred prosecution agreement, she lamented that she had been subjected to an unfair justice system with “unchecked power to intimidate people into silence and compliance.” She took aim at DeSantis, referring to his supporters as “thugs” and claimed that his actions were an attack on speech, science, and freedom.

Court documents show that prosecution against Jones will be deferred for 24 months, conditioned on her fulfillment of its terms. Among these obligations include seeing a licensed mental health professional of the state’s choosing, admitting her guilt of the offense charged, completing 150 hours of community service at a minimum rate of 13 hours per week, and working regularly at a lawful occupation.

Any violation of these conditions affords the state attorney the right to revoke or modify the conditions of Jones’ deferred prosecution.
Meanwhile, Goofy Gaetz has not been prosecuted.

The whole point of the Fascist DerSantis retaliation over her sending an email - HORRORS! - is that he was manipulating COVID-19 data.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 pm
More details:
It looks bad for Rebekah. She did it, but the state's lack of security may get them laughed out of court.

The system that she accessed has 1,750 users and they all use the same username and password.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/01/re ... covid.html
Mixed result:

Charges against former state health department worker dismissed after she admits guilt

The headline is somewhat inaccurate, dismissed in 2 years if ...
... On December 8, 2022, Jones announced, via the social media platform substack, that the state attorney was dismissing the charges against her, contingent, in part, on her $20,000 payment to police for “investigative costs.”

While detailing the terms of the deferred prosecution agreement, she lamented that she had been subjected to an unfair justice system with “unchecked power to intimidate people into silence and compliance.” She took aim at DeSantis, referring to his supporters as “thugs” and claimed that his actions were an attack on speech, science, and freedom.

Court documents show that prosecution against Jones will be deferred for 24 months, conditioned on her fulfillment of its terms. Among these obligations include seeing a licensed mental health professional of the state’s choosing, admitting her guilt of the offense charged, completing 150 hours of community service at a minimum rate of 13 hours per week, and working regularly at a lawful occupation.

Any violation of these conditions affords the state attorney the right to revoke or modify the conditions of Jones’ deferred prosecution.
Meanwhile, Goofy Gaetz has not been prosecuted.

The whole point of the Fascist DerSantis retaliation over her sending an email - HORRORS! - is that he was manipulating COVID-19 data.
Meanwhile it gets worse (at my kid's former middle school)
New theme: Watch Out for the Bully

https://weartv.com/news/local/former-co ... osa-county

Like everything else, at first the article seems pretty damning. Other than I'm still pissed about the state releasing a mug shot and arresting video of a 13 year old kid anda biggie - it was the state handling this and DeSantis is a punk bully, but she's got nothing - until I read her tweets. Again weak, they’re her tweets, but all seems easily verifiable.

1st tweet

2nd tweet

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:11 am
Meanwhile it gets worse (at my kid's former middle school)
New theme: Watch Out for the Bully

https://weartv.com/news/local/former-co ... osa-county

Like everything else, at first the article seems pretty damning. Other than I'm still pissed about the state releasing a mug shot and arresting video of a 13 year old kid anda biggie - it was the state handling this and DeSantis is a punk bully, but she's got nothing - until I read her tweets. Again weak, they’re her tweets, but all seems easily verifiable.

1st tweet
https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1 ... 8772484098

2nd tweet

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1 ... 8845888513
If they are not Jackson's posts and that can be proved Fascist DerSantis just made the Jones family wealthy :clap: . . . with your money. :problem:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Woman sentenced for leaving a note on Putin's parents' grave asking them to take him

A St Petersburg court has sentenced Irina Tsibaneva, 60, to two years’ probation for leaving a note on the grave of the Russian president’s parents, asking them to take Vladimir Putin....

Details: The case was opened in 2022 after the Russian woman left a note at the grave of Vladimir Putin’s parents at the Serafimovskoye Cemetery in St Petersburg on 6 October, the eve of Putin’s birthday. The note read:

"To the maniac’s parents: Please take him. He brings so much pain and sorrow, and the whole world is praying for his death. Death to Putin. You raised a monster and a murderer."
:---P
At the time, the court placed the woman under house arrest. She has now been found guilty of "desecrating burial sites for reasons of political hatred". Tsibaneva was also placed on probation for a two-year period.
:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
The pensioner says that her actions were not motivated by "political hatred": "I was consumed by fear after watching the news, I felt awful. I was so consumed by it that I couldn’t handle it, and that must be what I’m guilty of."
:(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Teen uses slingshot to save sister from alleged kidnapper: Police

The 8-year-old girl was mushroom-hunting in her backyard in Alpena Township on Wednesday when "an unknown male appeared from the woods," the Michigan State Police said in a press release on Friday....

The girl was able to break free, police said. Her 13-year-old brother also witnessed the attack and shot the assailant in the head and chest with his slingshot, police said.
:-||
... The suspect fled the area but was located by state troopers hiding at a nearby gas station and was able to be identified in part due to injuries from the slingshot, police said.

"The suspect had obvious signs of injury sustained from the slingshot with wounds to his head and chest," police said.
Opps.
The suspect -- identified as a 17-year-old from Alpena -- was taken into custody and allegedly confessed to detectives that he "planned on severely beating the victim," police said....

The suspect was arraigned on Thursday on one count of attempted kidnapping/child enticement, one count of attempted assault to do great bodily harm less than murder, and one count of assault and battery, according to police....

The suspect is being charged as an adult but his name has not been released by police.
Give him a choice - prison or 1/2 hour shackled in range of 13-year-old big brother.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 7:10 am
Teen uses slingshot to save sister from alleged kidnapper: Police

The 8-year-old girl was mushroom-hunting in her backyard in Alpena Township on Wednesday when "an unknown male appeared from the woods," the Michigan State Police said in a press release on Friday....

The girl was able to break free, police said. Her 13-year-old brother also witnessed the attack and shot the assailant in the head and chest with his slingshot, police said.
:-||
... The suspect fled the area but was located by state troopers hiding at a nearby gas station and was able to be identified in part due to injuries from the slingshot, police said.

"The suspect had obvious signs of injury sustained from the slingshot with wounds to his head and chest," police said.
Opps.
The suspect -- identified as a 17-year-old from Alpena -- was taken into custody and allegedly confessed to detectives that he "planned on severely beating the victim," police said....

The suspect was arraigned on Thursday on one count of attempted kidnapping/child enticement, one count of attempted assault to do great bodily harm less than murder, and one count of assault and battery, according to police....

The suspect is being charged as an adult but his name has not been released by police.
Give him a choice - prison or 1/2 hour shackled in range of 13-year-old big brother.
Honestly, if they hadn't caught him I would've thought it was made up. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:30 am
Honestly, if they hadn't caught him I would've thought it was made up.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Inside Edition: The 13-year-old brother used marbles and fired from his window from 200 feet away! :-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

The former Penn State standout wrote that he is “incredibly thankful” to the league, his coaches and teammates for their support.

“I would not have been able to do this without them. From the jump, I was greeted with the utmost respect and acceptance,” he wrote. “I truly love my life and cannot understand why I have been blessed this much. I feel especially thankful to have had so much support when many who came before — and many even now — do not.”
Carl Nassib played in 13 games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2022. He's now a 30 year old free agent, not sure if he'll ever play again.

Canada heroes

"I’ll take a punch for queer and trans youth any day:" Ottawa MPP punched in the face at rally supporting queer and trans youth
Ottawa MPP attacked while attending rally attempting to keep trans and queer individuals safe

Trudeau says kids denied a Pride flag at their schools have one on Parliament Hill
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Huntington Beach, SoCal:

MAGA Book Banners Get FULLY Dismantled

:thumbup: :clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Carnival Worker Hangs 30 Feet Up to Protect Child (video - Groves, Texas)

:clap: :-|| , but there ought to be some sort of lock on the ride to prevent the wind doing that.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Recognition to all the veterans who served and did the best they could with what they were assigned, and recognition also to those who refused and drew attention to the unpopularity of unnecessary war.

I am officially a "veteran" and decided Veterans' Day would be a good time to re-enact some of the most significant time I spent in service to the country. So I went to the beach.