One time this Texan . . .

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: One time this Texan . . .

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 pm
Poor bastard looks like he got stuck in a centrifuge for a week.
:lol:

Florida Tourist Goes on Racist Tirade Against Asian Family, Punches Father After Kids Pet His Dog

He's actually a Texas tourist in Florida. Maybe the headline writer is a Texan. Anyhow,
... The incident: Wade Anton, a 54-year-old tourist from Forney, Texas, reportedly made racist comments toward a woman and her children of Asian descent at around 4:15 p.m. at Okaloosa Island's (one county away from billy.pilgrim) John Beasley Park on Thursday, telling them to "go back where they came from," according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.
:lol: He need to "go back where (he) came from". Texans aren't very smart.
Anton said he asked the children to stop petting his dog, but they ignored him, reported WEAR-TV.
The kids were fine and the dog was apparently fine. He was the only one with a problem, top of the list being not controlling his dog.
The situation escalated into a public altercation, with the tourist spewing anti-Asian remarks.

Anton rushed toward the woman's husband, who was about 25 feet away, and repeatedly punched him....
Did he leave the dog with the kids?

Currently awaiting his hearing, Anton has been charged with hate crime-related battery and is being held on a $10,000 bond at the Okaloosa Department of Corrections, reported ABC News.
:---P
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:29 pm
Poor bastard looks like he got stuck in a centrifuge for a week.
Darnell it all!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:51 am
One can certainly argue that not all experts know everything, and sometimes an expert can be wrong, but it does beg the question: if not listen to the experts, then to whom? Some guy like this? "Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Patrick began his career as a radio and television broadcaster. After forming a chain of sports bars and subsequently going bankrupt, he became a radio host again, this time becoming a conservative commentator."
Texas (GQP) leaders raked in millions from energy companies after the collapse of the state electrical grid in February, report shows

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and other state leaders raked in millions in campaign contributions from energy companies after the state electrical grid collapsed in February, according to the Texas Tribune.

An abysmal cold front swept over Texas in February, causing the power grid to fail in several regions of the state. Nearly 200 people ultimately died of hypothermia, carbon monoxide poisoning, car wrecks, and more after the electrical grid could not keep up with the large uptick in energy demand....

Abbott reportedly brought in $4.6 million from oil, gas, and energy industry leaders including a $1 million campaign donation from the co-founder of a pipeline company that benefitted from the February winter failure to the tune of $2.4 billion. The Texas Tribune noted that the co-founder donates $250,000 almost every year to Abbott - the only year he donated substantially more was in 2021.

Abbott's next-in-line, Patrick, also received a windfall from energy companies following the February freeze, the Tribune reported. He brought in $1.3 million in total from energy interest groups in 2021, or just over a quarter of his total received contributions in 2021. He received about 12% more from energy interests in 2021 than he did in 2019, according to the Tribune, and the majority of his recent energy contributions were from oil executives....
:roll: Texans die, RepuQs roll in the $$$.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Shit. It's death panels. Somebody needs to tell Sarah Palin.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One time these Texans . . .

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:56 pm
Shit. It's death panels. Somebody needs to tell Sarah Palin.
Speaking of Texas death panels, this is horrible, a broad conspiracy of assholes including police, the medical examiner and the prosecution:

Texas mother set for execution – yet evidence suggests she did not kill her child

Everyone involved should be prosecuted for attempted murder, murder if the execution is carried out.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

TN is about to or already has executed a guy. Not sure if it was today or not. I think it's a pointless endeavor; personally I'd rather be dead than spend "life" in prison. So just that right there should be the ultimate punishment.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:16 pm
TN is about to or already has executed a guy. Not sure if it was today or not. I think it's a pointless endeavor; personally I'd rather be dead than spend "life" in prison. So just that right there should be the ultimate punishment.
Yes, I agree. Capital punishment is not a sign of a civilized culture.
Last edited by Ulysses on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Lately I've noticed a lot of signs that we're not living in a civilized culture. It's become a cartoon culture. A semblance of a culture. Europe and Asia are laughing at us because we can't get rid of trump. And they're right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
TN is about to or already has executed a guy. Not sure if it was today or not.
SC and AZ, too.
I think it's a pointless endeavor; personally I'd rather be dead than spend "life" in prison. So just that right there should be the ultimate punishment.
Apparently, most criminals don't agree with you. Then, the falsely convicted have hope of redemption.

Speaking of uncivilized, not to mention immature:
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:21 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One time this Tennessean . . .

neoplacebo wrote:
Possible innocent? -0-?

Tennessee death row inmate to be executed despite new DNA evidence of unidentified person on murder weapon
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: One time this Tennessean . . .

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:44 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Possible innocent? -0-?

Tennessee death row inmate to be executed despite new DNA evidence of unidentified person on murder weapon
Beats me. Not having been on the jury, I tend to think that his previous threats, along with the evident passion aspect of the murders, makes me think he probably did it. The fact that someone else's DNA is found on the gun ("one of the murder weapons") and not the knife means little to me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:32 pm
Lately I've noticed a lot of signs that we're not living in a civilized culture. It's become a cartoon culture. A semblance of a culture. Europe and Asia are laughing at us because we can't get rid of trump. And they're right.
Texas 9-Year-Old Brings a Whip to a Black Family’s Porch to Demand Their Daughter Emerge; Boy’s Father Fumbles with Gun When Confronted, Nearly Shoots His Own Child

:wtf: Too much :crazy: to excerpt.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I read that story yesterday and it made me start drinking early. Looking back on it now, it looks like I might engage early today as well.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:39 am
I read that story yesterday and it made me start drinking early. Looking back on it now, it looks like I might engage early today as well.
Another reason to drink:

Indian American student choked by peer receives harsher punishment than his bully from Texas school

The Texas way. :wtf: :roll: :ateeth:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 am
No one ever says that Texans are smart.

Driver Outruns Cops With One Of The Most Powerful Muscle Cars, Then Runs Out Of Gas
Actually 2018. Blame Motorious for mysteriously republishing.

Tesla's Musk says he's leaning towards DeSantis for president

:roll: :obscene-birdiered: Weird that a supposed libertarian supports a fascist. I guess the White South African doesn't fall far from the Real yellowwood tree.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Driver Outruns Cops With One Of The Most Powerful Muscle Cars, Then Runs Out Of Gas

:roll: :obscene-birdiered: Weird that a supposed libertarian supports a fascist. I guess the White South African doesn't fall far from the Real yellowwood tree.
I canceled my tesla truck reservation and listed his support for DeSantis as the reason.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:25 pm
I canceled my tesla truck reservation and listed his support for DeSantis as the reason.
:lol: :---P
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Nice. Hope you didn't lose any deposit money on the deal.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:54 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Nice. Hope you didn't lose any deposit money on the deal.
Full refund. Reservations only cost $100.00
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”