One time this Texan . . .

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: One time this Texan . . .

Unread post by Vrede too »

Say his name, Dan Patrick. Easily the worst lieutenant governor in the nation.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-lieute ... 36074.html
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

One can certainly argue that not all experts know everything, and sometimes an expert can be wrong, but it does beg the question: if not listen to the experts, then to whom? Some guy like this? "Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Patrick began his career as a radio and television broadcaster. After forming a chain of sports bars and subsequently going bankrupt, he became a radio host again, this time becoming a conservative commentator."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:51 am
One can certainly argue that not all experts know everything, and sometimes an expert can be wrong, but it does beg the question: if not listen to the experts, then to whom? Some guy like this? "Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Patrick began his career as a radio and television broadcaster. After forming a chain of sports bars and subsequently going bankrupt, he became a radio host again, this time becoming a conservative commentator."
viewtopic.php?p=129604#p129604 :roll: He's almost earned his own topic by now.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tx. Teacher Allegedly Shot Son Dead While Driving Him to School, Told Strangers 'This Is Not Real'

... Elementary school teacher Sarah Elizabeth Hunt, 39, is charged with murder in connection with the death of Garrett Hunt, 17, McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara said during a press conference Monday.
They don't make elementary school teachers like they used to. Maybe she left her disciplinary ruler in her other purse.
Garrett had been picked up by his mother from his father's home earlier that morning, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by KWTX.
How could dad have left a fine woman like that?
... When officers responded to the scene, they found the minivan running with its doors closed and windows rolled up, according to the affidavit. Inside they found Garrett dead of multiple gunshot wounds. They also found multiple .40 caliber cartridge cases on the driver’s side floor and a .40 caliber pistol and a spare magazine....

Once there, Hunt allegedly found two people and told them her son needed help and was "with her mother in heaven," according to the affidavit.
It's god's fault.
... Later, when questioned by police about what happened, Hunt "would respond by sobbing, saying ‘I didn’t mean to, I didn’t mean to,'" the affidavit alleges....
I didn’t mean to shoot him multiple times. :roll:

The only thing that can stop a bad elementary school teacher with a gun is a good elementary school teacher with a gun.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 pm
Texas man who stormed Capitol accused of threatening to shoot (his own) kids if they turned him in

Stay classy and smart, Texas 3 Percenter.
His wife, who said Reffitt was a member of the far-right 3 Percenters militia group, added that he is prone to "extreme" statements and that she did not believe he would act on his words, the affidavit says.
Famous last words.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:41 pm
Famous last words.
Yep. Same hero kid:
Son Tipped Off FBI About His Father, Who Is Charged in Capitol Riot

... Jackson Reffitt said he had “just wanted someone to know” about his father’s threats of “doing something big.”

“I didn’t know what he was going to do, so I just did anything possible just to be on the safe side,” he added.

Guy Reffitt, who was arrested Jan. 16, faces charges of obstruction of justice and of knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority....

He said his mother and two sisters “had no idea what I had done” until they saw a CNN interview he did with Chris Cuomo.

After the interview gained traction online, Jackson Reffitt said on Twitter, “Yes I’m the kid on cnn.”

The tweet garnered thousands of likes and retweets, and he said he was flooded with messages asking him to set up a GoFundMe, so he did.

“Every penny is another course in college or me saving it for years to come,” he wrote on the crowdfunding platform. “I might be kicked out of my house due to my involvement in my dad’s case, so every cent might help me survive.”

Jackson Reffitt was not staying at his family’s home, and he declined to say where he was for fear of his safety. He was using his girlfriend’s phone because his family had disconnected his, he said.

He said he posted the GoFundMe page shortly before going to bed Friday, expecting a few thousand dollars would be raised. When he woke up Saturday, the page had raised more than $20,000.

As of Sunday afternoon, more than 1,800 donations were pledged, amounting to more than $58,000.

Jackson Reffitt is in his first semester studying political science at Collin College, a community college near his family’s home in Wylie, Texas, a Dallas suburb. When asked if the money would cover the rest of his undergraduate education, he said: “Oh man, you have no idea. I’m going to go on to a university now.”

As for others grappling with whether to come forward about someone they believe could be involved in something dangerous, “you’re not just protecting yourself, but you’re protecting them as well,” he said.

“I put my emotions behind me to do what I thought was right,” Jackson Reffitt said of reporting his father. And though he does not regret his decision, he said, “He’s still family, and it’s still weird.”
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A ramen shop in San Antonio was vandalized with racist graffiti after the shop's owner criticized Texas Governor Greg Abbott's decision to lift Texas' mask mandate.

Mike Nguyen, the owner of Noodle Tree, discovered phrases such as "Kung Flu," "Go Back 2 China" and “No Mask” spray-painted on his restaurant’s windows and outdoor table on Sunday afternoon, according to News4SA.
Nguyen is a Vietnamese name. As always, bigots are idiots, especially Texas bigots.

“Greg Abbott doesn’t have the Texas people’s interest in mind. He cares about himself at this point,” Nguyen told CNN last Wednesday....
As always, Abbott is an idiot.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Good guy with a gun?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm
Good guy with a gun?

Probably not.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm
Good guy with a gun?
I'm not finding any updates that are less than a week old, which seems a little odd. Anyhow, a few more details:
https://conandaily.com/2021/03/18/san-a ... ngton-d-c/
Paul Murray, 31, of San Antonio, Texas, United States has been arrested near the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., USA. He was charged with possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of unregistered ammunition, carrying a dangerous weapon and carrying a rifle or a shotgun outside a business.
Standard travel kit for a Texan.
... The house has been undergoing repairs so 49th U.S. vice president Kamala Harris, 56, and her husband Doug Emhoff, 56, have not been living there since the inauguration on January 20, 2021. They have been living at the Blair House, near the White House.
Opps, or it wasn't about Harris at all.
Murray served as a remote drone operator in the U.S. Army and was discharged in April 2014 for medical reasons....

On March 1, 2021, Murray arrived to the lobby of the College Station Police Department and complained about a lack of support from Veteran’s Affairs and the local police. He recently purchased an AR-15, which he may have in his possession, and he “has been experiencing paranoid delusions of people, mainly the military and government being after him and want to kill him,” Washington D.C. Police told WUSA9....
I'll bet he was perfectly legal in Texas. Anyhow, sounds like an ill, aggrieved vet. If it was about Harris it still might not have been partisan.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sometimes, a story is most likely to have originated in Texas.

Shoot-out erupts after armed store owner mistakes deputy for burglar

OPPS!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ex-leader of neo-Nazi Atomwaffen Division sentenced to over 3 years for "swatting" attacks

A former leader of the neo-Nazi Atomwaffen Division group was sentenced to 41 months in prison on Tuesday for his role in "swatting" attacks against "at least" 134 targets — including journalists, a historically Black church and a former Cabinet member.

Why it matters: John Cameron Denton, 27, of Montgomery, Texas, was involved in the swatting, calling emergency services to make bogus bomb reports and false reports of other acts of violence, from October 2018 to February 2019....

Details: The group "terrorized communities" across the U.S., swatting a "then-sitting U.S. Cabinet official living in northern Virginia;" the Old Dominion University; the Alfred Street Baptist Church, a historically Black church in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia; an Islamic Center in Arlington, Texas; ProPublica's New York City office and the home of a ProPublica journalist, according to the statement.

* Members of the group called emergency dispatchers with "false claims of pipe bombs, hostage takings, or other violent activity occurring at the targeted locations" across the U.S., the Justice Department said....

What they're saying: "The fear and anxiety you created in all these victims . . . will remain in their memory for far too long. All for you and this group to get your jollies off? It’s incomprehensible," U.S. District Judge Liam O’Grady said at Denton's sentencing, per the WashPost.
:---P

Liam O'Grady

Names don't get any more White northern European than that.
Early life and education

... He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Franklin & Marshall College in 1973 and a Juris Doctor from George Mason University School of Law in 1977.
It's now called the Antonin Scalia Law School.
Professional career

... He was an Assistant United States Attorney of the Eastern District of Virginia from 1986 to 1992 (Reagan/Daddy Shrub). He was a United States Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia from 2003 to 2007 (Baby Shrub).

Federal judicial service

On January 9, 2007, O'Grady was nominated by President George W. Bush to a seat on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia ...
Also, Denton was arrested by former PINO's FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force on February 26, 2020.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... _Pillar%22

Geez, a White right-wing terrorist just can't catch a break. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Family members kill neighbor in ‘tragic case of mistaken identity,’ Texas sheriff says

Opps. No word from their intended victim, but he might be :laughing-rolling: over:
... All four family members are charged with murder....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:19 am
Family members kill neighbor in ‘tragic case of mistaken identity,’ Texas sheriff says

Opps. No word from their intended victim, but he might be :laughing-rolling: over:
I would have thought that in Texas the "opps' defence would work for them.

But even if it had been the right guy, did these idiots really think they could get by with an ambush from their own yard? Nevermind.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:19 am

Wow.

Imagine the conversation around the kitchen table while drinking their massive amounts of Coors' Lite about how they were gonna show em and how this would end well.

O Really
Admiral

Yep. No story ever ends well that starts out "we wuz all sittin' around drinkin' one night..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 am
I would have thought that in Texas the "opps' defence would work for them.

But even if it had been the right guy, did these idiots really think they could get by with an ambush from their own yard? Nevermind.
MAYBE the morons thought their ambush would work, the gun would hold him in place, and the bat would be sufficient for punishment. Then, they were surprised by the escape across the yard and daddy Luis ad libbed by shooting.

Opps.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:33 am
Wow.

Imagine the conversation around the kitchen table while drinking their massive amounts of Coors' Lite about how they were gonna show em and how this would end well.
Speaking of pleasant kitchen tables:

Arrest made in decades-old Texas cold case murder to which notorious serial killer had falsely confessed

But, but he looks so friendly.

Thomas Elvin Darnell of Kansas City, Kansas, was arrested for the 1983 murder of Laura Marie Purchase (Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office)
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Poor bastard looks like he got stuck in a centrifuge for a week.