One time this Texan . . .

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: One time this temp. Texan . . .

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:29 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3139&p=94738#p94738

:wave: :lol: :P
Way back in the day I was happy to be a temporary Texan. San Antonio used to be a pretty good place to live, and I've also enjoyed some trips to Austin and Dallas. But I couldn't imagine living up here North Texas or Panhandle. But we did pass several wind farms. We had brought haz-mat suits to wear while we drove past them so as to not catch Trump's cancer. Several places the highway was partially blocked by dead birds, and in all the huge pasture areas there were dead cows just stacked up. And the fields around the windmills were all nicely green with new wheat, soybeans, and corn, but I'm sure anything grown under a windmill would be toxic.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

:D
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm
... But we did pass several wind farms....
I think I've read that Texas, ironically, is one of the top states for wind energy, maybe #1.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: One time this Texan . . .

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It was the cumulative farts of those mounds of dead cows that kick started those windmills; they should be recognized for the effort

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 pm
:D
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm
... But we did pass several wind farms....
I think I've read that Texas, ironically, is one of the top states for wind energy, maybe #1.
Could be. Here or Kansas. But when you go by them, you can see how truly stupid Trump's remarks were. F'rinstance, he said property values would drop - well, maybe, if they put them in a surburban neighborhood, just as they would with the installation of a cell tower by your house. But - (assume Sam Kinnison scream here) They don't build them in neighborhoods - they build them in the wide open middle of nowhere! And he continues that if the wind didn't blow, you couldn't watch TV (assume Sam again) They don't build them where the wind doesn't blow! Across the plains of Texas and Kansas, the wind ALWAYS blows, idiot. And the windmills don't interfere at all with other use of the land for cows or growing stuff.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Guess
Spoiler:
Murderer

Funny comments like:
The District Attorney complained that she was a flight risk so the judge ordered her to surrender her walker.
Did you get it right?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Did you get it right?
No, but that is one weird story - even for Texas.
Spoiler:
https://www.palestineherald.com/news/pa ... c7a21.html

You might think by looking at the guy she killed that it might be justified if he usually dresses like that, but 5 shots front and back with a 20 gauge might indicate there's something other than wifely irritation. And then she claimed to have accidentally shot herself so she couldn't make her appointment with the polygraph and they never re-scheduled. And the daughter supposedly shot herself.
https://www.palestineherald.com/news/pa ... c7a21.html
Last edited by O Really on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Did you get it right?
No, but that is one weird story - even for Texas....
C'mon, put your reply in a Spoiler box so others can play.
Spoiler:
Yes, very strange. Comment:
That's some top notch police work. Only took 35 years to figure out the wife did it?
But hey, it's Texas.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

My first thought was she had become another victim of failed prohibition of some kind. Nice lady.

O Really
Admiral

It's a rough week for Texans.

"Missing Texas man believed to have been eaten by his dogs, officials say
"We will never know if the dogs killed Mr. Mack or consumed him after he died from a medical condition," the Johnson County sheriff told reporters.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... s-n1028461

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: One time this (far north) Texan . . .

Guthrie, Oklahoma

radioactive uranium
"huge" timber rattlesnake
stolen car
open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey
They were initially stopped after police noticed their vehicle’s licence plate had expired
That sucks to steal a car with expired tags. What's the world coming to when you can't rely on your victim to be more responsible?
Mr Jennings was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a vehicle with a suspended license, and failure to carry a security verification form, ABC reported.

Ms Rivera, 30, was charged with possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction.

Mr Jennings had a valid lifetime hunting and fishing license so possession of the rattlesnake was legal.

The pair were not charged in connection with the uranium as officers are still looking into a potential motive.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 am
Guthrie, Oklahoma

radioactive uranium
"huge" timber rattlesnake
stolen car
open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey
They were initially stopped after police noticed their vehicle’s licence plate had expired
That sucks to steal a car with expired tags. What's the world coming to when you can't rely on your victim to be more responsible?
Mr Jennings was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a vehicle with a suspended license, and failure to carry a security verification form, ABC reported.

Ms Rivera, 30, was charged with possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction.

Mr Jennings had a valid lifetime hunting and fishing license so possession of the rattlesnake was legal.

The pair were not charged in connection with the uranium as officers are still looking into a potential motive.
:shock: You and I must be on a very similar wavelength; I posted this on the "can't make this stuff up" thread and also posted about Acosta on the "fired/quit" thread about the same time as you posted it in the war on women one. I am getting off here for a while so that we don't have a cosmic cataclysmic collusion or something like it.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:31 am

This couple of doofuses probably put those plates on the car after they stole it so they wouldn't get noticed. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 pm
This couple of doofuses probably put those plates on the car after they stole it so they wouldn't get noticed. :lol:
:thumbup: :lol: That could be.

Kinda like you putting my words under neoplacebo's name? :P
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 pm
:thumbup: :lol: That could be.

Kinda like you putting my words under neoplacebo's name? :P
Yeah, I was going :shock: reading that, as I did not recall writing it. In any case, if I were going to steal a car, I would first remove the tags and search for another car of the same type to get tags from. Hint; you don't want to fail to get some kind of tag, as this was how Tim McVeigh got caught.

O Really
Admiral

Sorry, guys - just trying to cut out everything that wasn't pertinent to my response. I'll try to do better. :oops: :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 pm
Sorry, guys - just trying to cut out everything that wasn't pertinent to my response. I'll try to do better. :oops: :roll:
No matter, it's just that your timing was so perfect - putting an invalid "tag" on my "car". :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

White suburban crime:
Texas Woman Uses Grinder Saw to Break Into Botox Clinic, Steals Anti-Aging Products

(SUGAR LAND, Texas) — Police in suburban Houston are looking for a woman who used a power tool to break into a Botox clinic and steal anti-aging products.

... She then retrieves a battery-powered grinding saw from a light-colored Mercedes SUV and uses it to cut into the clinic’s front door....
They interviewed one person of interest, but she didn't look at all concerned when questioned :wave: .
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 pm
White suburban crime:
Texas Woman Uses Grinder Saw to Break Into Botox Clinic, Steals Anti-Aging Products

(SUGAR LAND, Texas) — Police in suburban Houston are looking for a woman who used a power tool to break into a Botox clinic and steal anti-aging products.

... She then retrieves a battery-powered grinding saw from a light-colored Mercedes SUV and uses it to cut into the clinic’s front door....
They interviewed one person of interest, but she didn't look at all concerned when questioned :wave: .
This woman has committed the perfect crime; by the time they think they have a suspect, she'll be about ten years old or dead from botulinum toxin.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:37 am
This woman has committed the perfect crime; by the time they think they have a suspect, she'll be about ten years old or dead from botulinum toxin.
:D Can't prosecute a fetus.

Texas man wanted for allegedly divorcing his wife without her knowledge

... Paul Nixon, 51, was accused of aggravated forgery — a felony charge — after authorities discovered his fraudulent divorce paperwork, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Nixon apparently filed the paperwork on Feb. 15, the day after Valentine's Day....

Police filed a motion to vacate the order a few weeks later, essentially reinstating Nixon's marriage to his wife....

Nixon now faces up to 10 years in prison if he is found and convicted. As far as his marriage goes, no new divorce proceedings have been filed.
He's my hero, too bad he'll have to pay for it.

Comments:
The divorce decree was dissolved and he received a wife sentence.
:lol:
I think she should have called it her lucky day and enjoyed the single life.
Why am I still laughing about this article? LOL Now that is a man who really wanted a divorce.
Can you imagine the ice breaking conversation in prison when they go around the room saying what they were locked up for?
I’d have taken the free divorce.
So now she's married to a felon, which could adversely affect her own credit rating along with a host of other problems. Nice.
1312. ETTD.