fucking cops

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: fucking cops

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 am
It's the culture. Enough of you people are trained to be abusive pigs that it has become more accurate to call pig first.
No, you're wrong. LEO's are not trained to be abusive, but are trained to combat abuse toward them.

As is with human nature, some men and women get a 'power rush' when the adrenaline kicks in that makes them lose a sane thought train. The same holds true when a citizen is confronted by an LEO. Two clashing irrational minds leads to trouble; someone's going to get hurt; and because a cop is trained in self-defense or because he/she's the one with a quick remedy, you can bet who's going to lose, and in the case of the pumped-up cop, results can be fatal.

Humans are not a perfect species, and the public's growing attitude of "nobody's going to tell me what to do" is leading to even more deadly results. Police training facilities do not have the ability to look into someone's heart, mind, and soul to determine their fitness for law enforcement; their fitness, unfortunately, so many times "comes out in the wash".

I guess I owe you an apology for my above remark about being happy; I'm sorry. Your many comments led to my posting that.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's an awful day when some Muslim/immigrant/black guy/mental case opps, white male NRA supporter shoots cops who were just doing their job. As for me, I don't want cops to get killed or injured, I just want them behave like one who used to believe in "protect and serve" usually did.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 am
As for me, I don't want cops to get killed or injured, I just want them behave like one who used to believe in "protect and serve" usually did.
It's a whole different world out there. Long gone are the days when Clancey the Cop strolled the street.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
It's an awful day when some Muslim/immigrant/black guy/mental case opps, white male NRA supporter shoots cops who were just doing their job. As for me, I don't want cops to get killed or injured, I just want them behave like one who used to believe in "protect and serve" usually did.
agreed. we pay them, they choose the work. if they don't want to look for ways to diffuse situations first, they need to look for other work.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 am
O Really wrote:
As for me, I don't want cops to get killed or injured, I just want them behave like one who used to believe in "protect and serve" usually did.
It's a whole different world out there. Long gone are the days when Clancey the Cop strolled the street.

only because the cops and the nra types made it that way
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 pm
clicked on some old sites today and ran into this crap. It may be here already, but these cops are scum.
arrest, beat and taze a man for jaywalking. dude was lucky they didn't shoot him when he ran, but they had already far exceeded being anything but racist pigs before he ran.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/new ... 397679002/
2 years later :headscratch: :
Asheville ex-officer guilty of felony assault of black pedestrian, but may serve no time

An ex-officer has pleaded guilty to felony assault by choking a black pedestrian — but that and other charges will be dismissed in a year if he participates in a first-of-its-kind restorative justice program.

The unusual plea deal for ex-Asheville police officer Christopher William Hickman, 32, was announced Aug. 9 in Buncombe County Superior Court. Hickman struck the deal with the district attorney's office with the permission of the victim, Johnnie Jermaine Rush. While the deal was praised by a well-known civil rights attorney it faced criticism from black officials who said minority defendants typically receive harsher treatment for lesser crimes.

Along with assault by strangulation, Hickman pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors: communicating threats and assault while inflicting serious injury. He committed those crimes in 2017 against Rush, who was stopped for suspected jaywalking and trespassing by walking through the parking lot of a business closed for the night. Hickman is white and Rush is African American.

Under normal sentencing, Hickman could have faced a maximum of four years in prison, though District Attorney Todd Williams said it was likely because of his service as a police officer and lack of a prior record that he would have only been given eight to 10 months....

Under the deal the guilty pleas were made pursuant to conditional discharge. That means if Hickman fulfills conditions set by Superior Court Judge Bill Coward, including 12 months of supervised probation, those charges will be dismissed after the probation. He could then qualify for those charges to be expunged.
:roll: Extremely rare for a violent crime to get the expungement option.

Black Asheville residents, officials criticize sentence of officer convicted of assault

Afterwards, he'll be free to viciously assault other blacks while wearing a badge somewhere.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Jaywalking?
Walking through a parking lot of a closed business?

Are these really illegal in Ashville?
If so, has a white person ever been arrested for these very serious crimes?

Pensacola cops don't even do that.

Odysseus

Unread post by Odysseus »

All I know of Asheville:

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Heard Wilcox at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley about 30 years ago...

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:51 pm
Heard Wilcox at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley about 30 years ago...
Come to think of it, might have been at the Great American Music Hall in SF that I heard him. Around 1990.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: friendly cops

Unread post by Ulysses »

There must be some somewhere...