In Memoriam

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: In Memoriam

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Don Wilson

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 628766001/

Don Wilson, the last surviving founder and guitarist of pioneering surf-rock group The Ventures, has died at 88,
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Don rode the longest wave.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am
(signature: obsessed, out of context :crybaby: ignore failure)
Awww. :violin: , Useless.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Peter Robbins Dies: Former Child Actor Who Voiced Charlie Brown Was 65

Peter Robbins, who voiced Charlie Brown in the classic 1960s Peanuts cartoons, has died. The former actor died by suicide last week, his family told San Diego’s Fox 5. He was 65.

Robbins (real name Louis G. Nanasi) was born in 1956 in Los Angeles. He began acting in 1963 and was the first to play the Charles M. Schulz-created character of Charlie Brown, including in such perennial holiday animated classics as A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)....
Good grief :(
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This poor family:
Brother of late Chargers icon Junior Seau killed in San Diego-area car crash

Authorities have identified the victim of a fatal car crash on Tuesday as Savaii Seau, the 56-year-old brother of late Chargers star and Hall of Famer Junior Seau.

The San Diego Union-Tribune cited law enforcement authorities who said that Seau's Audi G drifted into oncoming traffic and collided head-on with a dump truck in the San Diego suburb of Lakeside. Seau sustained serious injuries and died after being transported to a hospital. His wife was riding in the passenger seat. California Highway Patrol told the Union-Tribune that she sustained minor to moderate injuries.

Seau was not wearing a seatbelt, per investigators, who also said they won't know if drugs or alcohol were involved until toxicology tests return. Those results could take months, per the report.

Teacher, coach, artist

The Union-Tribune reports that Seau was a teacher and coach for 14 years at the Warren-Walker school, a private institution teaching preschool through 8th grade with multiple campuses in the San Diego area. He taught physical education and coached flag football, basketball and track.

Headmaster Raymond Volker told the Union-Tribune that Seau was also an accomplished artist who taught art during summer school....
:( There are 3 (I think) surviving siblings.
Savaii dies nearly 10 years after his brother

Savaii's brother Junior died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest in the San Diego suburb of Oceanside in 2012. He was 43 years old. Two years prior, he drove off a beachside cliff on the Pacific Coast Highway. He sustained minor injuries in the crash and told police he fell asleep while he was driving.

His brain was examined after his death, and he was diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Junior was a nine-time All-Pro linebacker for the San Diego Chargers. He and his family are beloved in Oceanside and San Diego. He was born and raised in Oceanside and starred as a multi-sport athlete at Oceanside High before attending USC and returning home to play the bulk of his NFL career with the Chargers.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Oldest pub in Britain closing after more than 1,000 years. A sad and tragic tale.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fam ... 14648.html

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:23 pm
Oldest pub in Britain closing after more than 1,000 years. A sad and tragic tale.
O noes!

Where now will Brits go for warm beer?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
The new tenants are on their way.
I think that the guy who can't make a go of the "oldest bar" in the known universe has missed out on a million dollar Go Fund Me account.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:37 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
O noes!

Where now will Brits go for warm beer?
I wouldn't worry about it. First, somebody will pick it up. And even if not, there are a few other places to go, although usually you may have to walk a block from one to another. There's at least three pubs in York, my mum's olde home towne, that claim to be the "oldest." My favourite was Ye Olde Starre Inne, that is built into a gate in the old wall, which was originally built around 71. Not 1871, not even 1271. Just 71. The pub isn't that old, but it has been there since around 1600.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:48 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I think that the guy who can't make a go of the "oldest bar" in the known universe has missed out on a million dollar Go Fund Me account.
I wonder why he didn't try that.

Maybe with a new name and billboard. The old one's a little off-putting:

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:26 pm

Maybe with a new name and billboard. The old one's a little off-putting:

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks will rise again.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:48 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as I read the story. I guess the current owner suffers comprehension failure on a big scale.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ian McDonald, virtuoso who was involved with King Crimson, Foreigner, T Rex, and others, dies at 75. The "In the Court of The Crimson King" was one of the seminal albums of the early rock scene. RIP Ian.
Several old vids including T Rex "Bang a Gong" and also Greg Lake (later of Emerson Lake and Palmer) on vocals on the Court of the Crimson King song in the link.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ian ... 42928.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

They should change their name to trump instead of Tesla . But the fact that Nikola Tesla got fucked by Edison and died broke should at least register with Elon Musk. I have four EL34 Tesla tubes from the 80's. I'm just glad they don't say Musk on them.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Never knew it existed. I guess only horns, rap music and loud harley exhausts are legal noise-makers.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:50 pm
Never knew it existed. I guess only horns, rap music and loud harley exhausts are legal noise-makers.
I saw on ABC news last night that another Tesla car went haywire while the driver was "watching a movie" when it hit a cop car on the side of the highway and then the first cop car hit another cop car and some cops who were "working" the scene. I pity this motherfucker.