NFL Football

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:49 pm
Abject ignorance, stupidity, or extreme racism are the only things that can explain why anybody can't tell the difference in a street riot and an armed invasion of the US Capitol at a time when Congress is in session.
The 3 aren't mutually exclusive ;) , especially when discussing Trumpettes.

NAACP calls for Jack Del Rio to resign or be fired by Commanders for Jan. 6 comments

Hit the road, Jack.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I read the comment may have affected the chances of public money going to their new Louden County stadium.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:27 pm
I read the comment may have affected the chances of public money going to their new Louden County stadium.
Hm, maybe an extreme reaction? -0-? I think I'd prefer slamming him, not the Commies.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 pm
O Really wrote:
Hm, maybe an extreme reaction? -0-? I think I'd prefer slamming him, not the Commies.
Probably nothing. I didn't read the whole article. Maybe it would only be in play if the alledged football team formerly known as "Redskins" doesn't slap his hand or disclaim his comment.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:18 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 pm
O Really wrote:
Probably nothing. I didn't read the whole article. Maybe it would only be in play if the alledged football team formerly known as "Redskins" doesn't slap his hand or disclaim his comment.
Commanders coach Ron Rivera fines Jack Del Rio $100,000 for calling Capitol assault a 'dust up'

Washington Commanders defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio was fined $100,000 by head coach Ron Rivera after Del Rio called the Capitol assault a "dust up" at team minicamp Wednesday.

Rivera released a statement through the team's official Twitter account. He called the events of Jan. 6, 2021 "an act of domestic terrorism." Rivera said Del Rio's comments were "extremely hurtful to our great community here in the DMV," a nickname for the area encompassing the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.

Del Rio's fine will be donated to the United States Capitol Police Memorial Fund....
A capital solution for a Commie problem? We'll see if those most offended consider this a sufficient fish slap.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

(I can't get the noble image to post - fuckin' IG - it's in the article linked below)

gronk
Verified
In college, I was asked to write about a dream job opportunity that I wanted to pursue and where the location would be. Every time I had to write about my future, no matter what, I picked being a professional football player. For that assignment though, we had to pick the location. So I wrote that I wanted to play in Tampa for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for many reasons, the sunny weather being #1. I completely forgot about writing this report until 2 years ago when I had the opportunity to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And let me tell ya, the journey in Tampa over the last 2 years has blown away what I originally wrote about in college, big time. And for this, I want to thank the whole entire first class Buccaneers organization for an amazing ride, trusting me to come back to play and help build a championship team. I will now be going back into my retirement home, walking away from football again with my head held high knowing I gave it everything I had, good or bad, every time I stepped out on the field. The friendships and relationships I have made will last forever, and I appreciate every single one of my teammates and coaches for giving everything they had as well. From retirement, back to football and winning another championship and now back to chilling out, thank you to all. Buccaneers 🏴‍☠️ fans, the Krewe, without you guys, none of this is possible, all of ya brought it every game, thank you for all you do. Cheers to what’s next, maybe sailing the seas 🏴‍☠️ Arghhhhhh!!
Article, there are scores of them, maybe hundreds.

:(
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 pm

:(
He'll be back mid season if Tom needs him.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/nf ... tract-news

"one NFL quarterback is out almost $16 million thanks to cryptocurrencies losing value over the past few months. That quarterback is none other than Trevor Lawrence.

The former No. 1 overall pick opted to have his signing bonus paid in crypto, which has become a problem for him.

According to a report from Coin Journal, Lawrence has lost 62.7-percent of the value on his signing bonus.
"You’re getting paid millions of dollars to throw a ball and decide to take your salary in fake computer money. Guess that’s the kind of economics 101 they’re teaching over at Clemson," one fan said."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:15 pm
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/nf ... tract-news

"one NFL quarterback is out almost $16 million thanks to cryptocurrencies losing value over the past few months. That quarterback is none other than Trevor Lawrence.

The former No. 1 overall pick opted to have his signing bonus paid in crypto, which has become a problem for him.

According to a report from Coin Journal, Lawrence has lost 62.7-percent of the value on his signing bonus.
"You’re getting paid millions of dollars to throw a ball and decide to take your salary in fake computer money. Guess that’s the kind of economics 101 they’re teaching over at Clemson," one fan said."
3-14 with a 71.9 rating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_La ... statistics

Credit some of that to their coaching mess, but it still seems like he got paid closer to what he's worth. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yah, it's hard to tell how good he is, what with that clown car running the team and the wannabes on the team, but it seems there's a fair chance his career is badly stunted, probably beyond repair.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:08 pm
Yah, it's hard to tell how good he is, what with that clown car running the team and the wannabes on the team, but it seems there's a fair chance his career is badly stunted, probably beyond repair.
Too soon to tell. Some guy named Peyton had a crappy rookie year also.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:07 pm
3-14 with a 71.9 rating.

Credit some of that to their coaching mess, but it still seems like he got paid closer to what he's worth. :wave:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 pm
3-13 with a 71.2 rating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Ma ... lar_season

:shock: Trevor Lawrence is the GOAT.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:07 pm
3-14 with a 71.9 rating.

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 pm
3-13 with a 71.2 rating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Ma ... lar_season

:shock: Trevor Lawrence is the GOAT.
Yeah but from your Wiki link, Peyton had a good year even if the team didn't. I don't think Lawrence put up such numbers:
In Manning's rookie season under head coach Jim Mora, he threw 3,739 yards and 26 touchdowns, set five different NFL rookie records including most touchdown passes in a season and most interceptions in a rookie year, and was named to the NFL All-Rookie First Team.[91][92][93] In his NFL debut, Manning was 21-of-37 for 302 passing yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He threw his first career touchdown, a six-yard pass to Marvin Harrison, in the fourth quarter of the 24–15 loss to the Miami Dolphins.[94] Manning's first win came against fellow rookie Leaf, 17–12 over the San Diego Chargers in Week 5.[95] Two weeks later, Manning faced off against Steve Young; he threw three touchdowns, tying a Colts rookie record, but the 49ers kicked a late field goal to win 34–31.[96] In November against the New York Jets, Manning threw three touchdowns in a 24–23 win; he was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for this performance.[97] It was the first game-winning drive of Manning's career, as he threw the game-winning touchdown pass to Marcus Pollard.[91][98] Manning was certainly a bright spot in 1998 for the Colts with 3,739 passing yards and 26 passing touchdowns, but also threw a league high 28 interceptions as the team struggled to a 3–13 record with a defense that gave up more than 27 points per game.[83][99][100][101] The Colts lost many close games, including five games where they led by double digits at some point.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

71.9 rating for Trev.

GOAT!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:25 am
Yeah but from your Wiki link, Peyton had a good year even if the team didn't. I don't think Lawrence put up such numbers: ...
-0-? They had the same crappy 3 wins and same crappy ratings.
Manning's 26 TDs were definitely impressive. They were also a 3-way tie for his worst year until his abbreviated final season. His feat was tempered by the 28 INTs.
Lawrence only had 12 TDs against 17 INTs.
Lawrence also ran for 2 TDs against 0 for Manning, bringing their total TD:INT ratios more in line.
Manning's 3,739 passing yards were slightly more than Lawrence's 3,641.
Manning's 6.5 y/a were slightly better than Lawrence's 6.0.
Lawrence ran for 334 yards against 62 for Manning, making Lawrence's total yards greater. However, Lawrence had 17 games vs 16 for Manning.
Lawrence's 4.3 y/rush were slightly better than Manning's 4.1.

I'm not sure what's a "win" anyhow when comparing 2 sucky rookie years. Maybe Lawrence being a bit worse means he'll be a greater GOAT. ;)
We'll see, he'll need 13 wins this year to equal Manning's 2nd year. Seems unlikely for the Jags. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, I don't follow the Jags close enough to know, it's just that it seems like the superstar QB's either start with a good team or have good mentoring, and Lawrence had neither so far. He does have way better hair than Peyton, though.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:15 am
Yeah, I don't follow the Jags close enough to know, it's just that it seems like the superstar QB's either start with a good team or have good mentoring, and Lawrence had neither so far. He does have way better hair than Peyton, though.
:thumbup: :lol:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Not that anyone needs a reason to detest the Cowboys more, but they gave us one anyways.

Cowboys receive backlash after launching partnership with controversial pro-gun coffee company

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 pm
Not that anyone needs a reason to detest the Cowboys more, but they gave us one anyways.

Cowboys receive backlash after launching partnership with controversial pro-gun coffee company
Dallas Cowboys Contact Us

Category: General Feedback

Re: Cowboys receive backlash after launching partnership with controversial pro-gun coffee company
https://sports.yahoo.com/dallas-cowboys ... 51054.html

Could you possibly be more ghoulish than to announce this the day after the Highland Park massacre, and so soon after Uvalde? You're just lucky that your 10/30 game vs the Bears is in Arlington. A game in Chicago would have meant the "welcome" that you ammosexual fucks deserve. Cancel the sponsorship deal, immediately.

Be better, much better,
(Vrede too) ER RN
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:22 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 pm

Dallas Cowboys Contact Us

Category: General Feedback

Re: Cowboys receive backlash after launching partnership with controversial pro-gun coffee company
https://sports.yahoo.com/dallas-cowboys ... 51054.html

Could you possibly be more ghoulish than to announce this the day after the Highland Park massacre, and so soon after Uvalde? You're just lucky that your 10/30 game vs the Bears is in Arlington. A game in Chicago would have meant the "welcome" that you ammosexual fucks deserve. Cancel the sponsorship deal, immediately.

Be better, much better,
(Vrede too) ER RN
:clap: :clap: :-|| :-||

Didn't even know they were playing each other this year.