Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:41 am
I think Idaho is where they cut off Mr Potato Head's dick and then he became a famous Fox News story. It was a big story at the time.
Do you enjoy that sort of thing?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Oprah owes the country a massive apology.

As an aside, who thinks our second amendment rights are in jeopardy?

Ahhhhhh, never mind. Dumb question.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This country and the hype that props it up have been so good to Oprah i doubt she feels she has to apologize to anybody for anything. And she probably won't. As for the second amendment being under siege, record gun sales these past couple of years sort of disprove that notion.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:40 pm
Oprah owes the country a massive apology.

As an aside, who thinks our second amendment rights are in jeopardy?

Ahhhhhh, never mind. Dumb question.

So he favors all out revolution, or do we just shoot if police come to your door, or should shooting government employees be limited to census takers?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:40 pm
Oprah owes the country a massive apology....
You aren't the only one to think so.

A Boston doctor says it's 'long past time' for Oprah to acknowledge how she helped make Dr. Oz who he is, and 'make some attempt to stop the damage he's causing"

It's a tight primary.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7485.html
If Oz will do worse than his opponents in Nov I support him now. Whatever he does in politics, his impact on health and medicine is unforgivable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_c ... r._Oz_Show
It's long past time for Oprah to repudiate him.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:42 am
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 589207002/

If the article is about a politician raping a 19 tear old girl, but doesn't indicate which to which party the rapist belongs, does that mean the rapist is a republican.
Kinda like a few years back when newspapers published pictures of blacks in murder coverage and you could bet the articles without pictures were of white murders.
Drunk driving PA Dems don't get their party named in news articles.

Former state AG back in jail for alleged probation violation
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:00 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

If the article is about a politician raping a 19 tear old girl, but doesn't indicate which to which party the rapist belongs, does that mean the rapist is a republican.
Kinda like a few years back when newspapers published pictures of blacks in murder coverage and you could bet the articles without pictures were of white murders.

Well, that sucks.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:28 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:00 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Well, that sucks.
Terrible and much bad. Meanwhile, the Republican AG of South Dakota is still free and white more than a year after he hit and killed a man walking along the side of the road while allegedly texting about right wing wingnuttery during his drive home from a right wing wingnuttery meeting of party officials. They're currently agonizing over whether to impeach him. I think he should be put out on Route 88 sometime after midnight wearing black and carrying a bucket of horse shit while organizers of the event send endless teenagers, chronic drunk drivers, and incessant texting drivers barreling down the road toward him.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Widely varying perspectives from Southwest Florida. Craziness on steroids.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-edit ... 36408.html

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unbelievable.
Republicans again wanting smaller government, this time small ennough to fit in your apartment.

:puke-left:

Assuming this could not stand up to a court challenge.

A Kansas city voted unanimously to ban co-living in rental units, effectively making roommates illegal
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:50 am
Widely varying perspectives from Southwest Florida. Craziness on steroids.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-edit ... 36408.html
I use to post at the News Press. About 2004 or 05 the Pensacola paper forus were polluted by one poster who would post a hundred or so inflammatory titles. He would get banned, change his name and do it again the next day ...

A bunch of the liberals migrated to the NP. All was fine for about 3 weeks before the a-hole found us and ruined the NP.

Then someone, Mr. Sludge, created a private forum and I posted there. Met Ball there. He and I started bouncing around other Gannett papers. Ashville was dead, but Greenville was fun. Met a guy Julian - he may have been an apostle.
From there through another site and to here.

Did you post at the NP?

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:22 pm

Did you post at the NP?
No, I didn't. I used to post at Topix before it became "Toxix" and then mercifully died.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:17 pm
Unbelievable.
Republicans again wanting smaller government, this time small ennough to fit in your apartment.

A Kansas city voted unanimously to ban co-living in rental units, effectively making roommates illegal
That essentially would make college students living off campus in shared housing impossible

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Unbelievable.
Republicans again wanting smaller government, this time small enough to fit in your apartment.

4 or more adults where 1 or more is unrelated. In other words, The Golden Girls would be criminals in Shawnee, KS. What will they do when Rose says that Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia are cousins? Genealogy searches? DNA tests?
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun May 01, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:13 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Unbelievable.
Republicans again wanting smaller government, this time small enough to fit in your apartment.

4 or more adults where 1 or more is unrelated. In other words, The Golden Girls would be criminals in Shawnee, KS. What will they do when Rose says that Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia are cousins? Genealogy searches? DNA tests?
No Full House there either! :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Well, their theory is that some shared living arrangements effectively turn single-family zoned houses into apartments. Probably some do, but I think they're going to have a hard time getting by with this one

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:19 pm
Well, their theory is that some shared living arrangements effectively turn single-family zoned houses into apartments. Probably some do, but I think they're going to have a hard time getting by with this one
In court?

As an adverse side effect, there's already a national rental shortage for apartments. Where do they think people are supposed to go?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
:D Legal at first until Candace Cameron grew up and Lori Loughlin moved in (no, I was never a viewer, I looked it up).

The same thing was tried in Missoula a long time ago. It's not in place, but I can't remember why.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:20 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:19 pm
In court?
Probably. I know even less about real estate law than I do criminal law, but looking only at the article, it looks like a clumsy rule that could be easily circumvented and thus inconsistently enforced. You've also got strong possibility of unintended consequences. Ultimately, though, I think they could tell you that you aren't allowed to rent out rooms in your house within a zone, but they can't tell you how many house guests you can have.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
:D Legal at first until Candace Cameron grew up and Lori Loughlin moved in (no, I was never a viewer, I looked it up).

The same thing was tried in Missoula a long time ago. It's not in place, but I can't remember why.
I had to look it up too.... :roll:
Full House is an American television sitcom created by Jeff Franklin for ABC. The show is about widowed father Danny Tanner who enlists his brother-in-law Jesse Katsopolis and childhood best friend Joey Gladstone to help raise his three daughters...

Thought it'd be a no no from the get go.