Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:00 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:56 pm

I wish I had your faith as to "a good likelihood of criminal charges." We'll see.
If they go for Trump, they'll get him too. If they don't go for Trump, they'll have to have some underling scapegoats and he'll be high on the list.
Fingers crossed. Eastman seems to be top of the list.
True, but Meadows was actually mentioned by name in the referrals, not just as one of the "...Trump, and others..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:19 pm
True, but Meadows was actually mentioned by name in the referrals, not just as one of the "...Trump, and others..."
I didn't know that. If so, GREAT! This is the article I read:
viewtopic.php?p=178456#p178456
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:41 pm
Speaking of fish slapping:
House Jan. 6 committee recommends criminal charges against Trump

... The House committee made criminal referrals against John Eastman, a lawyer and Trump loyalist who aided the former president's efforts to overturn his election loss, on the same charges except the insurrection offense.

The panel also recommended the House ethics committee investigate colleagues who brushed aside congressional subpoenas seeking testimony on their knowledge and efforts about the Jan. 6 attack — including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., and Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa....
:---P Good, but what about the rest of the cesspool of traitors - Lindsey, Meadows, Rudy and Pillow guy on down to the fake electors and the entire Cult .45 accessories after the fact?
No mention of Meadows in that one.

EDIT: Never mind, sorry, this was in the Yahoo sidebar:
NC’s Mark Meadows tied to election conspiracy in Jan. 6 panel’s criminal referral of Trump

Mark Meadows, the former North Carolina congressman who served as Donald Trump’s final chief of staff, is one of a few Trump allies mentioned in a U.S. House committee’s unprecedented report referring the former president to the Justice Department for potential prosecution.

The U.S. House committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol accused Trump Monday of breaking multiple laws in his bid to overturn the 2020 election and recommended in a 154-page summary of its 18-month investigation that federal prosecutors examine whether Trump’s actions in the build-up to and aftermath of the attack on the Capitol amounted to violations of four statutes: inciting an insurrection; obstructing an official proceeding; conspiring to make a false statement; and conspiring to defraud the United States.

The committee also made a referral for John Eastman, an outside lawyer involved in the effort to overturn the election.

In addition to Trump and Eastman, however, the committee said it believed there was “sufficient evidence” for referrals to be made for “certain other Trump associates” under at least two of the relevant statutes. One of those individuals appears to be Mark Meadows.

Obstruction of an official proceeding — the joint session of Congress to certify the result of the 2020 election that was interrupted by rioters — is the first statute where the committee says it believes there is enough evidence to refer Trump allies other than Eastman as well.

Under the second statute, however — conspiracy to the defraud the U.S. — the committee names Meadows along with Rudy Giuliani and Kenneth Chesebro as allies of the former president who it believes were involved in a conspiracy to obstruct the certification of the election....
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Committee accuses Meadows of lying in his book

Meadows is mentioned in the committee’s report more than 50 times.

In a section regarding concerns of committee members about the testimony of certain witnesses and lawyers, the committee said it believes that Meadows included several “intentional falsehoods” in his December 2021 book, “The Chief’s Chief.”

Meadows also faces NC investigation

As the committee sought communications regarding Trump’s effort to stay in office, Meadows initially cooperated with the investigation, turning over thousands of emails and text messages.

In December 2021, however, he backed out of a deposition in front of the committee. Less than a week later, the Democratic-led House voted to hold him in contempt of Congress for not cooperating, NPR reported. Justice Department officials ultimately chose not to prosecute him for contempt as the House had recommended, according to Politico.
MAGA Merrick, or is Meadows a confidential snitch?
Earlier this year, Meadows became embroiled in a separate controversy, after an article in the New Yorker magazine raised questions of whether Meadows may have committed voter fraud by registering to vote in North Carolina ahead of the 2020 election at an address where he had never lived.

The State Bureau of Investigation opened an investigation in March 2022 and said last week it had submitted its findings to the office of Democratic Attorney General Josh Stein, whose office would determine if criminal charges were warranted....
GoJoshGo! LOCK MEADOWS UP!
Just another slimy MAGA republican doing his thing.
Mr Smithers can go down with Mr Burns
:lol: :clap:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:35 am
I thought Napoleon was all in for Pedro
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:o :(
Q Family
Channel 5 with Andrew Callaghan

This is an exclusive scene from our upcoming documentary, 'This Place Rules,' which premieres on HBO Max on December 30, 2022.

Shout out to HBO for letting us post this, this scene means a lot to us.
Ow my heart. I feel horrible for these children.
it’s so easy to make fun of conspiracy loonies. But seeing a child recite some of the craziest talking points ever gives me chills. Never felt the damage this ideology does like this before.
Great work!
Holy shit this is one of the saddest things I've seen in a bit. That felt haunting to watch.
It's honestly really interesting. They START from a healthy mindset of rational skepticism. Questioning everything is 100% A-OK. The problem arises when the conclusion you come to is completely baseless, fits a narrative that is tailored to your personal biases, and has mountains of counter evidence that you ignore at face value... It truly is spectacular to witness someone have a skeptical epistemology, then find the most absurd explanation for something, and somehow not have an ounce of skepticism left to question those conclusions.
Many more insightful and compassionate comments. As far as I scrolled none of the usual biting mocking that Qidiocy usually elicits.
This Place Rules

This Place Rules is an upcoming documentary film directed by (and writer and star) Andrew Callaghan in his directorial debut. It follows Callaghan as he travels across the United States in the months preceding the January 6, 2021 Capitol attack. The film is scheduled to premiere on HBO on December 30, 2022, before streaming on HBO Max.
December 30 - He's going for the 2022 awards. I hope he does well.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

And wingnuts are worried about grooming. 🙁
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:09 am
Touché.

Guess who the new RINO is. :o
Spoiler:

Far Right Turns on ‘Faker’ & ‘Liar’ Marjorie Taylor Greene

Oooh, nasty. :shock: How messed up are you if Bozobert is your champion?!
Breaks my heart.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:39 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:09 am
Touché.

Spoiler:

Breaks my heart.
She's tweeting from the beach and laughing at you.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

If this Boobart clip is #100, this is gonna be a fun list.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:37 pm
They really are out of control.

It's a hootenanny complete with a cheeze whiz charcuterie!

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:45 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:27 pm
Who is that squinting the whiz?

He seems to have a personal bobert problem.
Greg Steube (R-FL17)?
South-central Florida
Freedom Caucus Current members
Greg Steube pics
I think it's the same guy who was sitting to Gaetz and Bozobert's right and also didn't stand for Zelensky, but I couldn't find an article that named him even though he's clearly shown also sitting. For example:
https://therandyreport.com/boebert-gaet ... president/

What to do if you betray your country and democracy and no one notices?
Russian State TV Hails Lauren Boebert For Refusing To Stand For War Hero Volodymyr Zelensky

... The broadcast also gave shout outs to Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Florida) and far-right Fox News host Tucker Carlson for dissing the leader considered a hero by his country....
Damn, Greg Steube (R-FL17), or whoever, won't even get a check from Putin.
Hey look! Bo DID accomplish something! For the wrong side, but who's to quibble over such a small detail.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Merry Christmas!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:19 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:39 am
Spoiler:

Breaks my heart.
She's tweeting from the beach and laughing at you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeidasTouch/ ... 4669453314
It gets better:
Far-Right GOPer Unloads on Marjorie Taylor Greene: You ‘Crossed a Rubicon!’

Far-right Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) accused Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of having “crossed a Rubicon” after she slammed Republicans who intend to vote against a Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) speakership.

The remarks made by Biggs come as the race for Republican House Speaker intensifies—with potshots being doled out by competing GOP factions.

On one side of the divide, Republicans have a “Never Kevin Five” that includes Biggs, Rep. Bob Good (R-VA), Matt Rosendale (R-MT), Ralph Norman (R-SC), and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) attempting to thwart a McCarthy speakership victory. That anti-McCarthy GOP opposition force has since found themselves locking horns with a familiar face and once close ally: Greene.

In an op-ed for The Daily Caller last week, Greene wrote that “lying to the base is a red line” and “that’s what five of my closest colleagues are doing when they claim a consensus House Speaker candidate will emerge as they oppose Kevin McCarthy.”

Late last week, Biggs responded to that accusation from Greene by arguing the Georgia Republican’s latest attack was a step too far.

“She’s kind of crossed the Rubicon there. She’s calling us liars and saying we’re misleading,” Biggs fired back late last week on Lindell TV to ex-Newsmax correspondent Emerald Robinson.
Um, Julius Caesar "crossed the Rubicon" from Cisalpine Gaul into Italy en route to becoming "dictator for life". Damn, RepuQs are stupid even when fighting other RepuQs.
... The floor vote for House Speaker is slated to occur on Jan. 3.
Comment:
Well, at least the GOP is in a big hurry to tackle the things that affect the average American: other Republicans.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:35 am
Well, at least the GOP is in a big hurry to tackle the things that affect the average American: other Republicans.
:laughing-rolling:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://nypost.com/2023/01/03/delta-pil ... for-delay/

"Delta pilot allegedly blames Pete Buttigieg for delay over PA system" - twice

This probably should have been in the Floridaman thread, but it happened in Atlanta on a flight bound for Florida.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://weartv.com/news/videos/video-su ... bery-arson

"The two suspects poured what appeared to be gasoline onto the side of the building and then lit it on fire, but what happened next was not planned.

Both the suspects accidentally caught themselves on fire as well."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:51 pm

"The two suspects poured what appeared to be gasoline onto the side of the building and then lit it on fire, but what happened next was not planned.

Have you seen if they got caught? I haven't. One would guess White bigots, but maybe not.

Speaking of stupid White bigots, takes unhinged to know unhinged:

Lauren Boebert lashes out at 'unhinged' Marjorie Taylor Greene
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Have you seen if they got caught? I haven't. One would guess White bigots, but maybe not.

Greene has evidently been promised something by McCarthy

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Greene has evidently been promised something by McCarthy
Definitely.

House Republicans voted to gut the House Ethics Committee, and George Santos said it was 'fantastic'

:roll: Of course they did and of course he did.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Y'know, something like the House Ethics Committee could be used legitimately or as a political weapon equally by either party, and particularly the party in power could use it to make opponents' lives miserable. It seems to be telling that Repugs, sleazy as they are, still seemed to recognize that they're the ones who would most likely be chastised by an ethics group - so much so that they'd rather de-fang it than use it. These people are more slimy than a greased pig.

O Really
Admiral

Speaking of ethics...
"Members of Congress (are) near bottom of ethics ratings: Gallup"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/me ... 378d3fa39a
Members of Congress are perceived to have among the lowest ethical standards of any occupation, according to a new Gallup poll.

The survey found 62 percent of respondents said members of Congress have “very low” or “low” ethical standards, while only 9 percent said they had “very high” or “high” standards. Only telemarketers received a worse rating.

Gallup surveyed respondents on their views on a total of 18 occupations, including high school teachers, police officers and journalists.

Nurses received the highest score, with 79 percent saying they have very high or high ethical standards, followed by medical doctors and pharmacists.