Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neo's favorite senator

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/se ... -rcna32192

Tennessee Sen. Marsha Blackburn, an anti-abortion rights Republican who recently dismissed as “constitutionally unsound” a longstanding Supreme Court ruling that legalized contraception, was once the leader of an on-campus women’s group that promoted birth control.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I can understand the ummm "logic" and/or beliefs that the anti-abortionists have, but I had no idea there was any issue over contraception, or what possible rationale there could be. But apparently it's really true that Repugs will protect babies only until they're born.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:08 pm
I can understand the ummm "logic" and/or beliefs that the anti-abortionists have, but I had no idea there was any issue over contraception, or what possible rationale there could be. But apparently it's really true that Repugs will protect babies only until they're born.
I've been seeing more than enough to imagine it could be the next front as it is now moving in from the fringes to Senators and I think a governor.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:05 pm
neo's favorite senator

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/se ... -rcna32192

Tennessee Sen. Marsha Blackburn, an anti-abortion rights Republican who recently dismissed as “constitutionally unsound” a longstanding Supreme Court ruling that legalized contraception, was once the leader of an on-campus women’s group that promoted birth control.
:crazy: Just this morning I got the latest edition of "The Blackburn Report" and after looking at it immediately started drinking. I just keep hoping she's among the victims of the next mass shooting. I have previously and more than once told her that. She never got back to me.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Help me. What's an "eye-patch McCain"?

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 pm
Dunno, exactly. But my guess is that it's a derogatory reference to the Repub-hated John McCain. Crenshaw might not have been quite the hero McCain was, but he has made much of his military service.

O Really
Admiral

I wonder if these fools know they aren't going to be able to stuff Pandora back in her box.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:

The most ignorant of the ignorant, Tucker Carlson, coined the term for him but I forget the reason.....probably because Tucker didn't consider him trumpy enough. But it is a slight on McCain who was definitely not trumpy enough for the cult of lies and ignorance.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Dunno, exactly. But my guess is that it's a derogatory reference to the Repub-hated John McCain. Crenshaw might not have been quite the hero McCain was, but he has made much of his military service.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:34 pm
The most ignorant of the ignorant, Tucker Carlson, coined the term for him but I forget the reason.....probably because Tucker didn't consider him trumpy enough. But it is a slight on McCain who was definitely not trumpy enough for the cult of lies and ignorance.
Eyepatch strikes back.

:---P Article

Wittingly or not, Tucker, Stein and the "angry little boys" are useful idiots for Putin. Treason.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

A true omg (but for context, remember that evil Schumer threatened Boof with a political backlash)

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

God in a gopher hole! I guess this means that we can issue Fascist Asshole Criminal Trumper (FACT) hunting permits. And if that don't crack the nut, we could issue Neofascists Enthralled With Trump (NEWT) stomping permits.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

It's gonna be a long five months until November.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

It'll be a shame when somebody gets hurt/killed from this. Less a shame since it will probably be a Repug, but still.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:17 pm
It'll be a shame when somebody gets hurt/killed from this. Less a shame since it will probably be a Repug, but still.
Went to a doctor's appointment last week, was chatting with the desk person and mentioned the hearing.

She said "what are they having hearings for?"

I half envied her.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It's like George Carlin said.....consider the stupidity of the average person and realize that half of them are stupider than that. That desk person is among the lower portion of average. Most people in Europe and Asia speak more than one language. They all laugh at us.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Went to a doctor's appointment last week, was chatting with the desk person and mentioned the hearing.

She said "what are they having hearings for?"

I half envied her.
Yeah, but can you dance the latest viral TikTok? She can.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-repu ... -election/

The insanity is snowballing

"Texas Republican Party passes resolution denying legitimacy of Biden's victory in presidential election"

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:12 am

"Texas Republican Party passes resolution denying legitimacy of Biden's victory in presidential election"
I read the Texas Repug platform is pretty much always written by wackos and is a bit wild, but this year is worse than average.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:43 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:12 am

I read the Texas Repug platform is pretty much always written by wackos and is a bit wild, but this year is worse than average.
https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads ... 6-2022.pdf

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, that's scary allright.