Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:01 am
The founders of our country sure were smart.....they knew that the most serious threat to the country would never be from outside the country.
Except for that little inconvenience around 1812, when enemy troops occupied our capitol...

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

To the shock of no one, 4 of the top 5 stated dependent on the federal damgummint are bright red damgummint-hating states.
And the 5 states least dependent are bright blue.
While taxes make up the majority of each state’s general funding budget and are the most obvious source of state revenue, state governments also receive sizeable amounts of assistance from the federal government.

The New York City-based financial tech company SmartAsset released the results of its third annual States Most Dependent on the Federal Government study, putting state financial health into context by analyzing and ranking all 50 states according to their dependence on the federal government.

To find the states in the U.S. that were most dependent on the federal government in 2022, SmartAsset used the following metrics: federal share of state government revenue, the ratio of federal funding to income taxes paid, the percentage of workers employed by the federal government and the ratio of median earnings for federal workers to median earnings for private workers.

According to the study, federal funding accounts for approximately 39% of state revenues, with the highest in Wyoming (56.43%) and the lowest in Hawaii (27.13%). Here are the top five (and bottom five) states most dependent on the federal government.

1. West Virginia
West Virginia ranks as the state the most dependent on the federal government. Its federal share of state revenue is the tenth most at 45.16%, but its revenue from federal funding to income taxes paid is the third highest at a ratio of 2.36 and it has 4.08% of its workers employed by the federal government. Its federal government employees earn nearly double (1.99) of what private, for-profit workers earn on average.

2. New Mexico
The southern Rocky Mountain state of New Mexico is the second most reliant on the federal government mainly due to its fifth-highest percentage of workers employed by the federal government, at 6.06%. It has a high federal share of state revenue (50.83%) and an average ratio of federal funding to income taxes paid (1.62).

3. Mississippi
Mississippi receives 2.53-times more revenue from the federal government than its residents pay in income taxes, the second-highest ratio across the study. Its federal share of state revenue is a healthy 47.31% and its percentage of workers employed by the federal government is a higher than average 3.23%.

4. Alabama
The Yellowhammer State has the tenth-highest percentage of workers employed by the federal government (3.33%) and the tenth-highest ratio between federal funding and income taxes paid (1.25). 41.20% of its revenue comes from federal sources.

5. Alaska
Another state with a high percentage of federal government employees (6.83%), Alaska has an average ratio of federal funding to income taxes (1.62) but a high federal share of state revenue (50.83%).

According to SmartAsset’s data, the state that relies on the federal government the least is Connecticut (50). The southernmost New England-area state has the third-lowest percentage of federal government workers (1.47%) and the fourth-lowest ratio of federal funding to income taxes paid (0.38). The other states that make up the bottom five in their reliance on the federal government are New Jersey (49) federal share of state revenue: 28.56%, ratio of federal funding to income taxes paid: 0.35, percent of workers employed by the federal government: 1.71%), Massachusetts (48; 33.28%, 0.41, 1.61%), Minnesota (47; 31.49%, 0.58, 1.45%) and Wisconsin (46; 31.88%, 0.64, 1.33%).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 pm
To the shock of no one, 4 of the top 5 stated dependent on the federal damgummint are bright red damgummint-hating states.
And the 5 states least dependent are bright blue.
Fuckin' slackers!

Speaking of leeches:
Alex Jones Screams At Viewers To Buy His Products, Tells Them It's 'Life And Death'
The Infowars host, who has lined his pockets by spreading fear and lies, said, "If you don’t support us, you’re helping the enemy."

... He also told viewers to donate to the defense fund of Roger Stone, the longtime Donald Trump confidant who was sentenced to 40 months in prison for multiple felonies, including witness tampering, lying to Congress and obstructing the House investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 campaign. Trump pardoned him before leaving office.
:headscratch: Why does a commuted and pardoned asshole need a defense fund?
:wtf:
Three companies owned by Jones, a multimillionaire, filed for bankruptcy last month as he seeks to avoid paying damages in defamation lawsuits he lost over his lies about the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting.

After 26 people were killed in the massacre in Connecticut in 2012, Jones insisted it was a “hoax” staged by actors, and he profited from his lies. He has since admitted the mass murder of children and adults did happen.

Families of the victims successfully sued him.
:---P
Jones has lined his pockets by spreading fear and conspiracy theories, and by shamelessly pushing products that capitalize on them. In 2020, he started selling sham products that he falsely claimed cured COVID-19, including toothpaste.
:roll: :obscene-birdiered:

Roger Stone Dumped From Twitter Almost As Fast As He Rejoined
"I'm back b***hes," he crowed, then the longtime Trump adviser quickly disappeared.

:---P He's like Mr.B was.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What secrets do the Taj Mahal's locked rooms hold?

It's always been a Muslim edifice. However, there are some wingnuts that believe it was Hindu in whole or part. The flood-affected rooms in question used to be open to the public - there's nothing Hindu there. Somewhat interesting, but I was really struck by the last paragraph:
... These theories, says Ms Safvi, have regained fresh momentum among a section of the right-wing in the past decade or so. "A section of the right-wing is weaned on fake news, false history and a sense of Hindu loss and victimhood," she says. Or as Ms Koch notes: "It seems that there is more fiction on the Taj than serious scholarly research."
Sound familiar?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

People really listen to this stuff?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:26 pm
People really listen to this stuff?
Even though it's easily verifiable that none of these jail predictions ever pan out. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Lol watch the interview with the guy at 0:40

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Georgia has become entertaining.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

So years ago in a galaxy far away, every grocery store had a rack of tabloid papers and trash magazines, along with the Good Housekeeping and McCalls ladies mags. The stories in this stuff were - and intended to be - outrageous. Many people read them for entertainment, and they did contain some true or marginally true stories, but very few people actually believed them, and the stories published never got found in any other publications like WaPo or NYT even though they would have been majorly newsworthy if true.

But somewhere along the line, outrageous became real and made-up stories get repeated in real media, and large numbers of people believe ridiculous stuff.

The handbasket to Hell has left the station. Next stop, the Twilight Zone.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:10 am
This was my first reaction:
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes

That last line about Native Americans sacrificing “for the freedom we have today.” Whew!
Damn accommodating of them.
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes

To actually affirm the genocide of Native Americans as a good thing that brought freedoms. Yikes.

Hopefully these Republicans don’t feel more “freedoms” need securing anytime soon.
She's irrelevant. Even Dolt .45 has ditched Perdue and Kemp is going to avoid a runoff. Taylor's polling at 4.3%.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7402.html
She's a public school teacher with a PhD. Must not be History . . . or Logic.
https://kandisstaylor.com/meet-kandiss/
Those poor kids. Oh, she's the "Jesus, Guns, and Babies!" candidate that someone posted about earlier. Figures. More tweets:
"Don't drag me into this" - Jesus
I love when they say the quiet parts out loud……
There are no quiet parts any more.
As O Really says. :roll:
@dash_i_guess this lady just said we should recognize the sufferings of Natives people by worshipping Jesus on their land lol
Lmao. "Recognize" or celebrate? I think she meant celebrate. Whatever she dies of I'll make sure to worship the cause right on her grave, ya know...to recognize her suffering. 🤷🏾‍♂️
:thumbup:
If I say what I want to say about this I will be banned from Twitter forever
Don't worry, we know.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:48 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:10 am
This was my first reaction:
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes

That last line about Native Americans sacrificing “for the freedom we have today.” Whew!
Damn accommodating of them.
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes

To actually affirm the genocide of Native Americans as a good thing that brought freedoms. Yikes.

Hopefully these Republicans don’t feel more “freedoms” need securing anytime soon.
She's irrelevant. Even Dolt .45 has ditched Perdue and Kemp is going to avoid a runoff. Taylor's polling at 4.3%.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7402.html
She's a public school teacher with a PhD. Must not be History . . . or Logic.
https://kandisstaylor.com/meet-kandiss/
Those poor kids. Oh, she's the "Jesus, Guns, and Babies!" candidate that someone posted about earlier. Figures. More tweets:
"Don't drag me into this" - Jesus
I love when they say the quiet parts out loud……
There are no quiet parts any more.
As O Really says. :roll:
@dash_i_guess this lady just said we should recognize the sufferings of Natives people by worshipping Jesus on their land lol
Lmao. "Recognize" or celebrate? I think she meant celebrate. Whatever she dies of I'll make sure to worship the cause right on her grave, ya know...to recognize her suffering. 🤷🏾‍♂️
:thumbup:
If I say what I want to say about this I will be banned from Twitter forever
Don't worry, we know.
She's in the teacher's union. I thought only cops were allowed to be republican unionistas.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

My kid catches some of her radio commercials. She ends them saying, "I'm running for governor because I don't want to live in China".

My personal polling indicates 4.3% of Georgiaininnanians believe that losers in the Governor's race are exiled to china.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:41 pm
My kid catches some of her radio commercials. She ends them saying, "I'm running for governor because I don't want to live in China".

My personal polling indicates 4.3% of Georgiaininnanians believe that losers in the Governor's race are exiled to china.
Racist, voter suppressing Brian Kemp (I): 885,589, 73.71%
Trumpette David A. Perdue: 261,727, 21.78%
Wingnut Kandiss Taylor 41,115 3.42%
She Lost the GA Guv Race By 70 Points. She Still Won’t Concede.

... Taylor, a Trump loyalist who campaigned with the slogan “Jesus Guns Babies” and promised to “stand up to the Luciferian Cabal,” simply believes it’s impossible that she lost this spectacularly.

“We have a national data team working on the 2022 primary election fraud. More will be forthcoming,” Taylor campaign spokesperson Christi Maude told The Daily Beast. “Dr. Kandiss Taylor does not concede.”

“Given that my vote total currently lags my number of volunteers by nearly 20,000, I do not trust these election results and neither should any supporter of either of my opponents or candidates in any other races,” Taylor further wrote in a press release. “It is my opinion that our elections in Georgia have become a travesty spearheaded by the corrupt, organized, willful assault that Governor Brian Kemp, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Attorney General Chris Carr, and gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams have inflicted on our election process.”

Taylor went on to write that she does “not concede.” And that’s because she does not seem to believe the election was legitimate. “I know a rigged election when I see one, and this bears all the marks,” read a message that Taylor reposted on Telegram....

“After seeing the energy and enthusiasm first-hand in Georgia for Kandiss Taylor, the numbers obviously do not add up,” informal Taylor campaign adviser and failed Republican Senate candidate Lauren Witzke told The Daily Beast on Friday. “Taylor’s number of volunteers alone surpassed the number of votes received.”

“Kandiss Taylor has reviewed and approved this quote,” Witzke added.

Taylor didn’t return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Friday.

Elsewhere, Taylor allies—like Jan 6th organizer Ali Alexander and far-right radio host Stew Peters—shared allegations of a “rigged” primary election.

MyPillow CEO and 2020 election truther Mike Lindell also echoed claims of wrongdoing.

“Georgia was completely cheated,” said Lindell, an early and fervent backer of Taylor in the primary race.

“There is an algorithm in Georgia,” Lindell said, before claiming that a “big investigation” is underway into uncovering fraudulent activity in the Republican primary race.

“Brian Kemp, he did not get 70 some percent of the vote,” he added. “It’s all a big lie. It’s the big lie!”

Lindell, who served as a Taylor campaign surrogate, remains steadfast in his belief that Trump won the 2020 election and the ex-president can still be re-installed as commander-and-chief.

“We need to get rid of the machines,” Lindell said. “We don’t have elections in the United States anymore, they are called selections.”
:roll: :laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion — mandatory 48-hour waiting period, parental permission, a note from his doctor proving he understands what he’s about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence.

-- 2015 by Navy vet Brian Murtagh
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:25 pm

Racist, voter suppressing Brian Kemp (I): 885,589, 73.71%
Trumpette David A. Perdue: 261,727, 21.78%
Wingnut Kandiss Taylor 41,115 3.42%
She's a great punchline.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Obviously a case of massive fraud. She should spend millions of other people's money chasing the thing. It's like a religion where you just sit on your couch and watch it. And send money. A sort of trickle down salvation,redemption, or retribution depending on which channel is on at the time.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Would absolutely love to see Dems go hard on the attack, there's so much real material to work with.

Wingnut heads would explode.

O Really
Admiral

Mallory for President!
(or at least head of the DNC)