What do you do about the parents?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What do you do about the parents?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

2 years ago we lost Danjel Purifoy for a full season plus 9 games because his mother took a $7,500 bribe.

Danjel served his suspension and was working his way back into the line up when Okeke was hurt. Danjel stepped into his spot and was looking toward a great year - until Mom.

Should honest kids pay when parents break the rules?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: What do you do about the parents?

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:16 am
... Should honest kids pay when parents break the rules?
Sadly yes, IMO, assuming the entire system isn't reformed like it needs to be. How would we ever determine witting and unwitting kids? All parents and kids will deny the kid's involvement.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

(Assume my standard soapbox of "too many ridiculous rules anyway")

I think the potential of the kid getting punished is one of the few impediments to even more parental and booster, ummm, "participation."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm
... I think the potential of the kid getting punished is one of the few impediments to even more parental and booster, ummm, "participation."
I don't know how good Purifoy is, but in theory a mother risks millions down the road for that $7,500 today.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm
... I think the potential of the kid getting punished is one of the few impediments to even more parental and booster, ummm, "participation."
I don't know how good Purifoy is, but in theory a mother risks millions down the road for that $7,500 today.
Shouldn't really make much of a difference. I guess it could send him to the NBA a year earlier.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:45 pm
Shouldn't really make much of a difference. I guess it could send him to the NBA a year earlier.
If he is an honest and talented kid, good for him. Others might never get a chance to prove themselves due to they and/or their parents' corruption.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

the rest of the story, while true the mom offered to sell shirts with Danjel's picture - not good

She was throwing a party for his success this season and was selling the shirts at cost.

This writer always slams Auburn and the earlier version of his story about these shirts left the r out of shirts. I smell a bammer.

Overall it seems so much less than the completely ignored Trent Richardson autographed merchandise being sold out of a top bammer donor's clothing store, or dirt poor Trent walking around in thousand dollar suits.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 pm
... Overall it seems so much less than the completely ignored Trent Richardson autographed merchandise being sold out of a top bammer donor's clothing store, or dirt poor Trent walking around in thousand dollar suits.
If there's inequality in the way the rules are enforced, I share your outrage. Plus, 'Bama sucks, regardless.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:04 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 pm
... Overall it seems so much less than the completely ignored Trent Richardson autographed merchandise being sold out of a top bammer donor's clothing store, or dirt poor Trent walking around in thousand dollar suits.
If there's inequality in the way the rules are enforced, I share your outrage. Plus, 'Bama sucks, regardless.
Too big to fail.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/alab ... -080511-2/

In other sec news, it is rumored that we are investigating our refs. At this time it is unknown if they are looking at all the bs no calls against Alabama or encouraging more.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 am
Too big to fail.

Sounds like the NCAA miiight nail 'Bama. :thumbup:

In other sec news, it is rumored that we are investigating our refs. At this time it is unknown if they are looking at all the bs no calls against Alabama or encouraging more.

Volunteer opportunity or you to join the investigators? ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 am
Too big to fail.

Sounds like the NCAA miiight nail 'Bama. :thumbup:

Volunteer opportunity or you to join the investigators? ;)
That was 2011.
It's a lot like trump's crimes, all out in the open and in your face until they disappear under the next one.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:48 pm
That was 2011.
It's a lot like trump's crimes, all out in the open and in your face until they disappear under the next one.
Opps, missed that. Nothing came of it?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:48 pm
That was 2011.
Opps, missed that. Nothing came of it?

Nothing ever comes of bammer misdeeds.

Maybe someday