Mary Ann or Ginger

Off the wall fun - this area may tread into work unsafe territory, be advised.

Mary Ann Or Ginger?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Mary Ann
100%
Ginger
No votes

Total votes: 4

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Re: Mary Ann or Ginger

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

There's nothing inappropriate about seniors reminiscing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Speaking of old folks, I love the silhouette logo.

https://store.berniesanders.com/collect ... 90713-1-15

He's proud of that "red" stripe.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Joe Maddon for President!!!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Just tonight I got the insight into the origin of Jim Carrey's Fire Marshall Bill character; it was on a Gilligan's Island episode that starts out with these guys in a lab...secret agent types that have invented a pliable plastic explosive and one of the scientist type guys says "let me show you something" and proceeds to explain how this substance is harmless in normal use but can be a fla fla fla flaming death trap otherwise. I had never seen that episode but Carrey sure must have. Anyway, a crate of this stuff washes up on the island and they make dishes and cups and golf balls out of it. A good time was had by all.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

MaryJane or Gingerbread?
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

:hand:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:34 pm
MaryJane or Gingerbread?
Both at the same time
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 pm
Vrede too wrote:
MaryJane or Gingerbread?
Both at the same time
All you had to do is ask...

Ginger Punch
Ginger Punch by Kannabia Seed Company is a resilient autoflowering variety with sweetness and strong elemental resistance. This strain has a sweet aroma that has been described as “strawberry candy” and an equally sweet smoke with latent earthy notes. Ginger Punch deftly combines stimulating Haze elements with a pervasive body buzz that is lightly weighted while remaining pleasant and functional. Many growers covet this autoflowering wonder for its quick 65-day flowering time and above-average yield.

Or bake your own Cannabis Ginger Snaps...
https://stonerscookbook.ca/cannabis-gin ... p-cookies/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 pm
Vrede too wrote:
MaryJane or Gingerbread?
Both at the same time
All you had to do is ask...

Or bake your own Cannabis Ginger Snaps...
https://stonerscookbook.ca/cannabis-gin ... p-cookies/
A snack that gives you the munchies leads to an endless cycle of spacey, though happy, obesity.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 pm

A snack that gives you the munchies leads to an endless cycle of spacey, though happy, obesity.
Maybe, but at least they're self-munchie-satisfying so you get and feed munchies at the same time. Did you see that pile of ummm "food" Whack9 had lined up?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:16 pm
Recently ran across a video about how to train the brain not to overeat.

A lot to do with reducing stress. Which makes me wonder: is one of the effects of THC to increase a stress response that leads to munchies? This could tie in with the nervousness and mild paranoia that many THC subjects have experienced.

Discuss. Calmly, if possible.
Unlikely, given that pot-induced "nervousness and mild paranoia" is rare-ish.
Not binging and user experience reduce this number. Not mentioned, but I wonder if social stigma and legal consequences contribute to this anxiety. In my ER career the ONLY pot-related visits I ever saw were young rookies having panic attacks.

Otoh, this article makes no link between unusual stress and pretty consistent appetite stimulation:
Appetite
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm
It might also help to explain why some heavy pot users can be so easily triggered...

:angry-banghead:
What is your excuse? All I did is post some relevant, sourced facts and you start whining.

FYI, I haven't been a "heavy pot user" for decades. Your wussy straw man fails.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm
It might also help to explain why some heavy pot users can be so easily triggered...

Well, now, I get the impression my door is being knocked on. Allow me to open it and respond......first, I informed you that I was "pulling your leg" about disparaging your garden and suggesting it may have been a pristine oasis of unparalleled beauty before you got your hands on it. I then stated that I actually thought you'd done a pretty good job with it. Once again, if you took offense at my garden post, I did not intend for it to be so taken; I just have an unconventional sense of humor. And I was not "triggered" by anything that forced me to make that humorous garden comment initially; I just did it. My allusion to the cat fan's lunacy was just another humorous dig at that fool; once again, neither the cat fan nor you yourself "trigger" me to do anything. As for pot use, I personally recommend it highly. I've been using it on a pretty regular basis since 1969 and have not once, ever, been full of panic or anxiety because of it. I will concede that being high on pot while being the only one in a group of people who are not batshit crazy Republicans would make me feel less than zesty but "panic" or "anxious?" Never in hell. I would leave that scene rather quickly in a sincere effort to not ruin my buzz. I speak only from personal experience, but pot, to me, offers a fine sense of mild euphoria, supports a good appetite, and supports plenty of rest. If some people go all to pieces with panic, nervous anxiety, or shivering yellow bumps of pus filled blisters when using pot, well, hell, I suggest those people not use pot. And god help them if they decide to try LSD. Just as some people can't handle getting drunk on alcohol and turn into raving redneck violent assholes, I will take it on faith that some people can't handle pot. Not my problem. Hell, some people can't even handle reality, much less pot or alcohol. I say fuck them.....again, not my problem. Hopefully, this clears up some previous ambiguity; if not, I am quite able to expound on the matter to any degree necessary.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:42 am
Well, now, I get the impression my door is being knocked on.... I will take it on faith that some people can't handle pot. Not my problem. Hell, some people can't even handle reality, much less pot or alcohol. I say fuck them.....again, not my problem. Hopefully, this clears up some previous ambiguity; if not, I am quite able to expound on the matter to any degree necessary.
Reality is for people that can't cope with drugs 8-) .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Interesting, pretty dire presentation. Maybe I missed it, does your link discuss appetite stimulation?

Anyhow, a couple of observations/questions pop up for me. I don't mean for you, the answers may be buried in the copious footnotes that I'm not going to bother looking up. I'm feeling lazy for some reason. ;)
Cannabis use is extremely common among adolescents and young adults, with an estimated 14% of students in the 10th grade, 23% of students in the 12th grade, and 22% of college students and young adults engaging in at least monthly use in 2016. In 2015, 1.8 million adolescents (aged 12-17 years) and 6.9 million young adults (aged 18-25 years) were current users of cannabis. Moreover, the problem is increasing: 30-day prevalence of use among students in the 12th grade rose from 19% in 2007 to 23% in 2017. There is even higher use in Canada: In 2013, an estimated 28% of youths aged 11 to 15 years admitted to using cannabis at least once a year, and a high number reported weekly or daily use.
That's a lot of usage. From your article's apparently well-researched claims one would expect an epidemic of pot-induced damage, but I've not heard of it professionally or otherwise.
The pervasiveness of cannabis, together with its “relatively low lethality,” has led to the misperception among adolescents and adults alike that it is innocuous; for example, many baby boomers who used cannabis when they were in college have resumed use.
"“relatively low" = practically nonexistent. I've heard of a couple or three POSSIBLE lethal overdoses . . . in 10,000 years of usage.
However, the amount of THC is considerably higher than it was in the 1960s and 1970s, with rates that continue to climb. THC levels in cannabis have risen from 8.9% in 2008 to 17.1% in 2017, and the mean THC:CBT ratio also rose substantially, going from 23 in 2008 to 104 in 2017.
I've heard D.A.R.E. and other cops making the same argument for decades. It's inherently deceptive without elaboration. Yes, pot is much stronger now, but users have always toked until they're as high as they want to be. The dose is self-limiting. The "fatty" joints of our youth have given way to just a few pipe or bong hits, or a few vaped tokes, which I've not tried. Without this explication I call it fearmongering.
Moreover, during adolescence, cannabis is associated with increased psychiatric emergency department (ED) visits and increased risk for psychosis, with some research suggesting that it might as much as double the risk for psychosis and schizophrenia.
That, along with your quote sounds and probably is pretty bad. However, I can't find in the article what numbers we're really talking about, especially relative to the widespread consumption described in the first quote I posted. Is it 0.1% of stoners, 5%, 10%, more? Then, how does this compare with other risks - caffeine, school exam stress, clinical/scholastic/recreational ADHD drugs, etc?

Personally, I'd guess that watching too many IMPOSPOTUS speeches would more than "double the risk for psychosis and schizophrenia." :crazy: Someone should look into that :wave: .
1312. ETTD.

Greg55_99
Red Shirt

Unread post by Greg55_99 »

Since I came to this discussion late, I'll chime in. It's Ginger all the way. My vast experience in life has told me "Always go for the Ho FIRST". Ginger was the Ho. Straight up.

Greg
"Truth MATTERS"

.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Yes, please.

Unless Greg's been there first.

Then give me the other one.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.

O Really
Admiral

Sadly, Mary Ann has departed.

"Dawn Wells, who played the wholesome Mary Ann among a misfit band of shipwrecked castaways on the 1960s sitcom “Gilligan's Island,” died Wednesday of causes related to COVID-19, her publicist said. She was 82.

Wells died peacefully at a living facility in Los Angeles, publicist Harlan Boll said."

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/enter ... ce09df299b

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://medium.com/muddyum/scotus-hot-t ... 9d1cbbd8b5

SCOTUS Hot Take on Movie Star or Girl Next Door
Supreme Court to adjudicate endless Ginger vs. MaryAnn ‘manparing’
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:45 pm
https://medium.com/muddyum/scotus-hot-t ... 9d1cbbd8b5

SCOTUS Hot Take on Movie Star or Girl Next Door
Supreme Court to adjudicate endless Ginger vs. MaryAnn ‘manparing’
:lol:
... Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight.com, after synthesizing four years of polls, noticed a striking correlation.

“Republicans? Overwhelmingly Mary Ann! Especially your Evangelicals. The data suggests this stems from Mary Ann’s winsome, corn-fed wholesomeness. Dems tilt heavily Ginger. The liberal cultural elite supporting one of its own? Or a knee jerk reaction to sniping by the Liberty Caucus that Grant was a Satanic witch who founded a child sex ring used to fund Dem candidates? Tune in as Politics Editor Sarah Frostenson and I tackle this and Kevin McCarthy’s vanished gonads on our latest podcast!

Mary Ann any day! Does this mean I'm an Evangelical Republican? :(
I'm an Independent. Does this mean I subconsciously favor "Lovey" Howell? :o
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Nate's been wrong before.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.