College Softball

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

College Softball

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Clemson to host ACC/Big Ten softball challenge opponents

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Tuesday the matchups for the 2020 Big Ten/ACC Softball Challenge. The fifth annual event will take place Feb. 14-16, 2020, and has been expanded to feature 10 schools from each conference, with each program playing four games each at five campus sites.

In addition, two schools from each conference will compete in the second annual ESPN St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational in Clearwater, Fla., from Feb. 13-16, 2020. 2019 NCAA regional champion Florida State will be joined by 2019 ACC Coastal Division Champion Virginia Tech in representing the ACC at this year’s ESPN St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational, while Minnesota and Northwestern will be the Big Ten contingent in the tournament. The head-to-head results between Big Ten and ACC schools at that event will count towards the final Big Ten/ACC Softball Challenge standings.

Five ACC schools will serve as the host sites for this year’s Big Ten/ACC Challenge — Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and NC State — with the other ACC participants being Boston College, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt and Syracuse. Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Rutgers and Wisconsin will be the Big Ten softball programs competing in the Challenge.

The ACC and Big Ten have each won twice during the first four years of the Challenge. The ACC won the Challenge in 2017 and 2018, with Florida State posting an undefeated record against Big Ten teams in the 2019 ESPN St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson ... z5taKeBT91

billy.pilgrim
    Admiral

Re: College Softball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Is next year really Clemson's first ever softball team?
    Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
    Ensign

CENTRAL, S.C. – The Clemson Softball team grasped another monumental moment in program history Wednesday evening as the Tigers defeated Erskine College 5-0 in their first-ever scrimmage, which took place at Southern Wesleyan University’s Varsity Field. Clemson freshman Emma Whitfield secured the win in the circle for the Tigers as she recorded five strikeouts in five innings pitched.

“We’ve only been together since August, but we’ve come together as a team really nicely,” said Clemson Head Coach John Rittman after the game. “I like our attitude, I like our work ethic, and I really love our competitiveness. If we continue to grow, there’s going to be a lot of good things for this program.”
    https://fastpitchnews.com/college-softb ... est/366898
    If only the Clemson Softball Program had been in place a little sooner. GO SWU!

1 CAT FAN
    Ensign

How grand it is: Tigers hit two slams in rout of Terps :thumbup:
    After scoring 12 runs in the seventh inning against St. John’s less than one week ago, the Clemson Softball team dialed up 14 runs in the second inning on the way to winning Saturday’s contest 21-2 over Maryland at Clemson Softball Stadium.

Clemson cycled through the lineup twice in the top of the second as a total of 19 Tigers entered the batter’s box in the inning. In addition to both Bailey and Cagle’s grand slams, Clemson’s Grace Mattimore, MK Bonamy and Hannah Goodwin all recorded at least one RBI for the Tigers in the second. Bonamy finished Saturday’s contest 3-for-3 at the plate.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/update/How-gra ... z6EEIw1zW5

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
    Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am
    Is next year really Clemson's first ever softball team?
    Misogynist Clemson resisted Title IX longer than other decent, quality schools did. Gotta pay loser Dabo's highest salary in all of college sports first, ya' know. For example, you probably know that the Auburn Tigers softball team is 23 years old or, in other words, older than all or almost all Clemson players are in its first year.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
    -- the interweb, paraphrased
    1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
    Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 am
    How grand it is: Tigers hit two slams in rout of Terps :thumbup:
    After scoring 12 runs in the seventh inning against St. John’s less than one week ago, the Clemson Softball team dialed up 14 runs in the second inning on the way to winning Saturday’s contest 21-2 over Maryland at Clemson Softball Stadium.

Clemson cycled through the lineup twice in the top of the second as a total of 19 Tigers entered the batter’s box in the inning. In addition to both Bailey and Cagle’s grand slams, Clemson’s Grace Mattimore, MK Bonamy and Hannah Goodwin all recorded at least one RBI for the Tigers in the second. Bonamy finished Saturday’s contest 3-for-3 at the plate.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/update/How-gra ... z6EEIw1zW5
    WOW! Combined games score of 26-3, Mary-land must really suck at establishing their softball program as their pathetic football program.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:56 pm
    WOW! Combined games score of 26-3, Mary-land must really suck at establishing their softball program as their pathetic football program.
    How did the Men and Women Pussies do in postseason basketball? Ohhh, that's right. I feel bad for you.

Pitcher Hope Trautwein Throws A Perfect Game Of All Strikeouts

It's a rare feat in baseball or softball to pitch a "perfect game." That happens when no opponent reaches base — not by a hit, or a fielding error, or a walk.

But pitcher Hope Trautwein of the University of North Texas made history on Sunday by pitching a game more than perfect. Through all seven innings, she struck out every single one of the 21 batters she faced from the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.

"I guess it's never been done before so it doesn't have a name," she told NPR's Morning Edition.

The NCAA said Trautwein, who hails from Pflugerville, Texas, is the first pitcher in NCAA Division I softball history to strike out every batter in a seven-inning perfect game. It's also the first perfect game in the history of the North Texas team.

"I don't really know what else to call it. Never seen anything like it. Don't know if I ever will," North Texas head coach Rodney DeLong said.

Two other pitchers in NCAA Division I softball have recorded 21 strikeouts in seven-inning games: Alabama's Alexis Osorio in 2018 and California's Michele Granger in 1991, according to NCAA.com. But neither were perfect games....

The perfect game was just another to add to Trautwein's long record of accomplishments. She's pitched two no-hitters before, in 2018 and 2019. And Sunday was the third time she's struck out 21 batters in a single game, her team noted.

As for what to call the feat — the coach has an idea. "I mean Hope did it, so maybe we call it a Hope-a-Dope."
    :-|| :happy-cheerleaderkid:
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
    -- the interweb, paraphrased
    1312. ETTD.