Republicans = 'deficit hawks'?

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Republicans = 'deficit hawks'?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Deficit increases are longstanding Republican policy regardless of the health of the economy.

In reality:
Reagan/Bush - large deficit increase.
Clinton - deficits into surpluses.
Bush 2 - surpluses into deficits, only reduced the deficit 3 years out of 8.
Obama - reduced the deficit 5 years out of 8, kept it essentially stable one other year.
Trump and the GOP - now increasing the deficit yuuugely.
The pattern is clear.

Only complete morons started the Obama debt clock on 1/20/09. POTUS policy takes at least 6 months to a year to begin to have any effect.

2017: Still Obama’s strong economy while he reduced the deficit 5 years out of 8 and kept it essentially stable one other year.
Since 2017: Illusion of economic strength financed by Trump and the GOP’s massive deficit increase. Anyone can do that.

Trump is falling short on taming the deficit—here's why 'it could get ugly'

Despite his promises, Trump pushes deficit past $1 trillion mark

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Republicans = 'deficit hawks'?

Well put:
This is just the natural feeding cycle of the GOP: give tax cuts to the rich and increase defense spending in order to run up a massive deficit, then use that as an excuse to cut social programs, and finally blame it on the Democrats who busily rebuild the economy, then take credit for that rebuilt economy and repeat the cycle. They've been doing that since Reagan. Supply-side economics didn't work then, didn't work under George HW Bush, or George W Bush, and it isn't working now.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 am
Deficit increases are longstanding Republican policy regardless of the health of the economy.

In reality:
Obama - reduced the deficit 5 years out of 8, kept it essentially stable one other year.
The pattern is clear.

Only complete morons started the Obama debt clock on 1/20/09. POTUS policy takes at least 6 months to a year to begin to have any effect.

2017: Still Obama’s strong economy while he reduced the deficit 5 years out of 8 and kept it essentially stable one other year.
Since 2017: Illusion of economic strength financed by Trump and the GOP’s massive deficit increase. Anyone can do that.

Trump is falling short on taming the deficit—here's why 'it could get ugly'

Despite his promises, Trump pushes deficit past $1 trillion mark

Are you really giving credit to bush for deficit reduction for 3 years.

I agree it went down, but only because he couldn't do worse than 03 and 04.

he gets 2009 as well
And in my personal opinion he is responsible for the first several years of the obama administration.

But the blame goes squarely to reagan for starting this robbing wealth from generations not born and fox for enabling the lies about wealth, work, taxes and any thing else that fit the corporate agenda.

But the repugs do a hell of a lot better than the dems at bumper stickers and slogans.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It has been obvious for quite some time that Republicans are rascal deficit whores who suck the wrinkled mutated cocks of the attention seeking whores in corporate boardrooms. This is a bad situation that I figure will in the next two or three years become much rascal whore worse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo :lol: .
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 am

In reality:
The pattern is clear.

Are you really giving credit to bush for deficit reduction for 3 years.

Yes.

I agree it went down, but only because he couldn't do worse than 03 and 04.

Good point.

he gets 2009 as well

Agreed. I also give Clinton 2001 and Obama 2017.

And in my personal opinion he is responsible for the first several years of the obama administration.

Valid with the large absolute deficit, but Obama did start reducing the deficit in 2010. I don't want to credit Shrub for that.

But the blame goes squarely to reagan for starting this robbing wealth from generations not born and fox for enabling the lies about wealth, work, taxes and any thing else that fit the corporate agenda.

I charge some Dems with complicity. They have had varying amounts of power since Reagan.

But the repugs do a hell of a lot better than the dems at bumper stickers and slogans.

Are they really better, or are they just appealing to dumber people? Idk.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

of course dems are complicit, whores always are.

I meant better at creating slogans, people have always been idiots

just take a look at how many people like the aca, but hate Obamacare. slogans rule, I like ike for the win.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 am
... I meant better at creating slogans, people have always been idiots

just take a look at how many people like the aca, but hate Obamacare. slogans rule, I like ike for the win.
I meant that even if the bumper stickers and slogans are of equal quality they will be more effective with Repugs since a higher proportion of Repugs are idiots.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 am
... I meant better at creating slogans, people have always been idiots

I meant that even if the bumper stickers and slogans are of equal quality they will be more effective with Repugs since a higher proportion of Repugs are idiots.
"I watch fox because they are the only ones who give a fair and balanced account of the new",s is a widely held belief that is in the full definition of every sense of the term completely incorporated in a jingle. most slogans come, as do lies, with at least a grain of truth, not so with fox. the current pretense of reform is more an announcement of what they have done than it is of what they are or will be doing. they have fucked up the world and are satisfied.