The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 pm
Have you seen that SP episode?
I've enjoyed select clips like yours, but I'm not a fan of the show. No complaints, just never got hooked.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:23 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 pm
Have you seen that SP episode?
I've enjoyed select clips like yours, but I'm not a fan of the show. No complaints, just never got hooked.
It does require developing a taste for Cartman's voice.

The Cruise/Travolta closet episodes are hilarious. One of my other favorites are the gay/fags episodes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:36 am
It does require developing a taste for Cartman's voice....
I had trouble understanding them even before my hearing went to shit.

Several Rays players opt out of wearing rainbow hats, sleeve decals for Pride Night

... Only one player discussed the decision to opt out of the uniforms: Jason Adam, who was chosen by team officials to speak on behalf of the group. Adam's explanation focused on religion, explicitly saying that the group didn't want to "encourage" the "lifestyle" of LGBTQ+ people due to their personal religious belief.

A lot of it comes down to faith, to like a faith-based decision,” Adam said via the Tampa Bay Times. “So it’s a hard decision. Because ultimately we all said what we want is them to know that all are welcome and loved here. But when we put it on our bodies, I think a lot of guys decided that it’s just a lifestyle that maybe — not that they look down on anybody or think differently — it’s just that maybe we don’t want to encourage it if we believe in Jesus, who’s encouraged us to live a lifestyle that would abstain from that behavior, just like [Jesus] encourages me as a heterosexual male to abstain from sex outside of the confines of marriage. It’s no different.

“It’s not judgmental. It’s not looking down. It’s just what we believe the lifestyle he’s encouraged us to live, for our good, not to withhold. But again, we love these men and women, we care about them, and we want them to feel safe and welcome here.”

:roll:
It's bigoted "faith".
It's not "a lifestyle".
Wearing a rainbow encourages nothing but tolerance.
Jesus said nothing about gays, not one word.
It IS judgmental. It IS looking down.
No one feels "safe and welcome" around bigots.

I wonder how many of the refuseniks are latent or closeted gays, or have actual perversions.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:24 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 pm
:D :lol:

Supposed to go see it tomorrow night. I'll let you know. ;)
This review and the South Park clip will change my perspective. I'll have to free my inner gay Vrede at the appropriate moments in order to get the full experience.
Not as gay as the original, but definitely needs to be seen in theaters.

I'd see it again and I never see a flick twice in theaters. The plot is pretty cheesy but how could it not be?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:36 am
It does require developing a taste for Cartman's voice....
I had trouble understanding them even before my hearing went to shit.

Several Rays players opt out of wearing rainbow hats, sleeve decals for Pride Night

... Only one player discussed the decision to opt out of the uniforms: Jason Adam, who was chosen by team officials to speak on behalf of the group. Adam's explanation focused on religion, explicitly saying that the group didn't want to "encourage" the "lifestyle" of LGBTQ+ people due to their personal religious belief.

A lot of it comes down to faith, to like a faith-based decision,” Adam said via the Tampa Bay Times. “So it’s a hard decision. Because ultimately we all said what we want is them to know that all are welcome and loved here. But when we put it on our bodies, I think a lot of guys decided that it’s just a lifestyle that maybe — not that they look down on anybody or think differently — it’s just that maybe we don’t want to encourage it if we believe in Jesus, who’s encouraged us to live a lifestyle that would abstain from that behavior, just like [Jesus] encourages me as a heterosexual male to abstain from sex outside of the confines of marriage. It’s no different.

“It’s not judgmental. It’s not looking down. It’s just what we believe the lifestyle he’s encouraged us to live, for our good, not to withhold. But again, we love these men and women, we care about them, and we want them to feel safe and welcome here.”

:roll:
It's bigoted "faith".
It's not "a lifestyle".
Wearing a rainbow encourages nothing but tolerance.
Jesus said nothing about gays, not one word.
It IS judgmental. It IS looking down.
No one feels "safe and welcome" around bigots.

I wonder how many of the refuseniks are latent or closeted gays, or have actual perversions.
Subtitles
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 am
Subtitles
Took me awhile to admit to needing them. I think my window for becoming a South Park fan has passed by.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:42 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 am
Subtitles
Took me awhile to admit to needing them. I think my window for becoming a South Park fan has passed by.
They just released a South Park movie on Paramount+. My kid and I are planning to watch soon. Review to follow

Oh, and there’s also a new Beavis and Butthead movie. I was never into them at all, so no review from me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:03 am
... Oh, and there’s also a new Beavis and Butthead movie. I was never into them at all, so no review from me.
Same here. I appreciate them most for:

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I only saw one Beavis and Butthead show, and not even all of it. They were dog sitting and put the dog in the washing machine and started chanting "washing the dog washing the dog" but even with that brief exposure I immediately connected Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz to the cartoon clowns even after all the time between B&B and the other two.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hiding behind rainbow flags: These companies' political donations don't match their support of LGBTQ issues

Campaign contributions belie companies' good work on LGBTQ issues

The Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s annual Corporate Equality Index (CEI) gives the nation’s largest corporations a score out of 100 for their commitment to LGBTQ equality in the workplace.

Of the top 10 Fortune-ranked companies, eight earned 100% ratings this year. The index ranked 1,271 companies in total this year.

That means they met the criteria of having both sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination policies, offering domestic partner benefits and transgender-inclusive health benefits, demonstrating organizational LGBTQ competency and making a public commitment to the LGBTQ community.

A few ways a corporation can demonstrate their public commitment is by taking part in Pride events or donating to advocacy groups.

The index does not measure whether a company takes a stance against harmful legislation or donates money to politicians on either side of the aisle.

In fact, seven of the eight top Fortune-ranked companies that earned 100% ratings donated money to federal candidates in the 2020 election cycle who are considered anti-LGBTQ by GLAAD’s Accountability Project.

Walmart, while donating $10,000 each to the campaigns of numerous strong LGBTQ advocates in Congress, also donated the same amount to the campaigns of ... Sens. Steve Daines, R-Mont ...

Daines was a vocal opponent of the Obergefell decision that recognized same-sex marriage nationwide. He also co-sponsored a bill that would allow nonprofit organizations to engage in political activity, as long as they were championing heterosexual marriage, while nonprofits supporting marriage equality could not engage in the same political activity....
:x
Amazon, another company with a 100% rating on the CEI, also donated to ... Daines' campaigns. The company donated ... $6,000 to Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

... Graham was one of the original co-sponsors of the Defense of Marriage Act and has been a vocal proponent of "traditional marriage." ...

The other Fortune top 10 companies that have 100% ratings on the CEI donated to the following federal candidates in 2020, all of whom are highlighted on GLAAD’s Accountability Project for anti-LGBTQ voting records or statements.

CVS Health ...

UnitedHealth Group ...

McKesson Corp ...

AT&T ...

AmerisourceBergen Corp. donated to ... Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., who voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, an early version of the Equality Act.

UnitedHealth Group also donated $275,000 in the last gubernatorial campaign to Florida's DeSantis, according to records from OpenSecrets’ followthemoney.org.

AT&T PACs donated to both DeSantis and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott who issued a directive in February to state health agencies saying gender-affirming medical treatments for transgender youth constitute child abuse and parents who seek such treatment for their children should be investigated....
Screw these hypocrites.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Is there anything that hateful xtians won't screw up?

American Girl doll collectors are fighting homophobia within their online community
Pride Month prompted a series of posts that has divided the doll enthusiasts on Instagram.

In case you haven't been keeping up:

What is LGBTQIA+? The acronym for the queer community keeps evolving.

This makes sense to me in place of the acronym:
Queer: Often embraced by younger generations, "queer" is used to describe an identity that is not heterosexuality, or exclusive to one particular thing. People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, or anything else, may also embrace the "queer" label, as more singular labels may be perceived as too limiting.
But, I'm cool with whatever label a person chooses.

Happy Pride Month!

:---P

Article
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:10 am
Happy Pride Month!
Texas Pastor Calls for Gay People to Be Shot in the Head

Sigh.

Happy Pride Month!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:21 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:24 pm
This review and the South Park clip will change my perspective. I'll have to free my inner gay Vrede at the appropriate moments in order to get the full experience.
Not as gay as the original, but definitely needs to be seen in theaters.

I'd see it again and I never see a flick twice in theaters. The plot is pretty cheesy but how could it not be?
More on that (some spoilers):

'Top Gun: Maverick' filmmakers on the return of Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, paying homage to iconic volleyball scene
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Cruise sits out the football game.....
Did this guy see the movie?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:10 am
Happy Pride Month!
Texas Pastor Calls for Gay People to Be Shot in the Head

Sigh.

Happy Pride Month!
No nazi Aryan vibe at all from this guy. :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:18 am
Cruise sits out the football game.....
Did this guy see the movie?
That's weird. I guess it's gayer than even he says, nttawwt. ;)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:21 am
No nazi Aryan vibe at all from this guy. :roll:
I guess if you're born that white you don't have many options. :think: :wave:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:43 pm
But, they were just peaceful demonstrators.

31 members of white supremacist group Patriot Front arrested near Idaho pride event
... Police learned about the U-Haul from a tipster, who reported that “it looked like a little army was loading up into the vehicle” in the parking lot of a hotel, White said. Officials spotted the truck soon after and pulled it over, he said....
MORONS! Rent a warehouse or a yard with a high fence.

<Sniff> It's a beautiful sight, brings a tear to my 1980s-90s Coeur d’Alene/Hayden Lake anti-Nazi protesting eye.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Too bad the charges were misdemeanors. Tag their asses with a felony and make it more risky for them to have guns.