The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Possibility this backfires. The bad part is kids spreading misinformation or falsehoods because they're kids.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:02 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.

Now, about YOUR homophobia?
viewtopic.php?p=146658#p146658
viewtopic.php?p=160557#p160557
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unlike people of color.

It's an open seat.

C'mon Georgia, I hope you're better than this.

Trump-backed Vernon Jones says civil rights don't apply to gay people because 'they can actually change' to become straight
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:03 am
Unlike people of color.

It's an open seat.

C'mon Georgia, I hope you're better than this.

Trump-backed Vernon Jones says civil rights don't apply to gay people because 'they can actually change' to become straight
Do you mean the state where wingnut Herschel Walker (R) is leading incumbent Raphael Warnock (D) in the polls?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7329.html

It is interesting that Vernon Jones is admitting that he might have "chosen" to swing the other way. Most of us aren't so sexually ambiguous.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

The flip side?

Twitter Foes Stunned By Homoerotic Trailer For Tucker Carlson's Show On Testosterone 'Crisis'

Critics of Fox News host Tucker Carlson were taken aback by the striking homoerotic nature of the trailer for his upcoming “documentary” about what he calls the “collapse” of testosterone levels in men.

The steamy trailer for the first episode of his new season of “Tucker Carlson Originals” features a series of shots of half-nude, muscular (white) men. They’re pumping rubber, chopping wood, grilling, firing a gun — and wrestling — accompanied by the soaring, thumping musical theme “Thus Spoke Zarathustra,” which was widely popularized in the 1968 film “2001: A Space Odyssey.”

Oddly, many of the men’s faces are blurred out or hidden. In one scene, a naked man stands with arms outstretched and genitals illuminated behind what one observer said looks like a Tesla recharging station.

Daily Beast journalist Justin Baragona quipped in a tweet that the trailer would get Carlson “arrested” if he aired it in a classroom in Florida, where it’s now illegal to address sexual orientation in lower grades in schools. ...

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Orniphilia, anyone?

For those who are not orniphobic, that is...

Merritt Wever Really Enjoyed Having Sex With a Duck
On the iPhone, there is an autocorrect feature that tends to flip a certain cuss word to “duck.” Many, if not all, of us have faced this dilemma: “I’m so DUCKING angry,” one sends, furiously pressing the delete button to change the capital D back to an F. This little glitch has now inspired an entire episode of television.

Roar, Apple TV+’s new female-centric anthology saga from the creators of GLOW, mashes this autocorrect nonsense into one episode and tosses Emmy-nominated Merritt Wever into the mix. A lonely woman has sex with a duck. (Don’t worry: There’s a meet cute, too.) In an era where new absurdities hit the timeline every hour, you shouldn’t scroll past this. For real: a little mallard flaps his way into a woman’s nether regions while she yelps in delight, writhing around in ecstasy on the kitchen floor. Seriously.

“I don’t want to think about it,” Wever tells me, with a sigh—though minutes ago, she was just speaking fondly of the live duck used on set: “I feel like we hit our stride pretty early on. Justin the duck was wonderful to work with.”

But there’s more to “The Woman Who Was Fed By A Duck” than the sex scene and Justin. The duck, named Larry in the episode, who Wever’s Alisa meets in a park, actually becomes her abusive boyfriend. Their affair begins with the quack chatting her up by blasting the lack of charisma in everyday men, propping himself up on a duck-sized pedestal to promote the level of understanding he has for women....
Don't forget to duck...

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Dilbert" creator Scott Adams introduces first black character in 33 year - to make a transgender joke. But it's on a weekday so most comics are black/white and you can't tell he's a black guy.

https://www.themarysue.com/scott-adams- ... nist-joke/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 pm
"Dilbert" creator Scott Adams introduces first black character in 33 year - to make a transgender joke. But it's on a weekday so most comics are black/white and you can't tell he's a black guy.

https://www.themarysue.com/scott-adams- ... nist-joke/
I didn't know all this:
This may come as a surprise, but Dilbert is still a thing that exists. What will not come as a surprise is that its creator, Scott Adams, is still active in his campaign to be the worst person on the internet.

Adams has spent recent years working up a truly vile Twitter presence, dedicated to promoting all the worst right-wing talking points and encouraging his followers to engage in targeted harassment of people who criticize him. Despite the memory many millennials have of his work as being an excessively apolitical experiment in banality, his awfulness has popped up in his work over the years, especially in his commentary about gender and his depiction of “feminists.” (Let’s also remember that Adams has spent more than a decade loudly decrying the decline of rape culture and our growing recognition of the importance of consent.)

Adams has been working so hard and so long to plumb the depths of awfulness that it seems genuinely impossible he could find any new ground. And yet here we are. Here’s Adams’ latest toxic addition to the cultural discourse:
Sigh. :(
kilgore trout, death to putiner
@KT_So_It_Goes

yes of course I’m being bigoted af but a ha! it’s a trap to prove a point how actually it is you who’s intolerant! checkmate libs
Except Adams couldn’t even get that right. Because as people have pointed out, he wasn’t “cancelled” and a lot of papers did publish the comic. But seeing as it’s a weekday, those comics are in black and white, which, well, certainly changes things.
Apparently Scott Adams didn’t realize weekday strips don’t print in color which accidentally makes this the funniest Dilbert in years

I saw this comic today and I thought the joke was that he WAS white 😬
... Leave it to Scott Adams to court controversy and mess it up so badly that his transphobic “joke” is not even really just useless but almost objectively funnier.
The tweets have tweets:
You can easily shade a comic character to print in grayscale as dark skinned, but you'd have to be at least a minimally skilled cartoonist to do it
This version identifies as black and white
:lol:
Therein lay his problem, perhaps? Hasn't grown or changed as a person in 3 decades. Maybe the opposite, in fact.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I remember when Dilbert first came out. I was working in high tech (IT) full time. It was hilarious.

But since that time the humor seems to have gotten more and more grim. I'm still, frankly, not sure if Adams' support for Trump and conservative ideals isn't an act. OTOH, he could be quite insane.

Probably is.

I notice Mr. Adams lives about 30 miles from me. I have no plans to visit him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yes, it's really BYU and yes, the grad is flashing (tens of?) thousands at the ceremony.
https://www.intheknow.com/post/byu-grad-rainbow-flag/

:-|| :-H :-|| :-H :-|| :-H
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Yes, it's really BYU and yes, the grad is flashing (tens of?) thousands at the ceremony.

Ha! That's great!

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

bannination wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Ha! That's great!

It is quite unusual, I think, for Mormon-majority Utah. Jillian Orr is quite a brave lady!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

bannination wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Ha! That's great!

I love people like her.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Actually, Top Gun: Maverick Is the Gayest Thing This Week
(a couple of extremely minor spoilers)

:o :lol: The original Top Gun, too
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:32 pm

https://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/qz ... the-closet
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:57 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:

:D :lol:

Supposed to go see it tomorrow night. I'll let you know. ;)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 pm

This review and the South Park clip will change my perspective. I'll have to free my inner gay Vrede at the appropriate moments in order to get the full experience.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:24 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 pm

This review and the South Park clip will change my perspective. I'll have to free my inner gay Vrede at the appropriate moments in order to get the full experience.
Have you seen that SP episode?