Are homophobes latent homosexuals?

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Are homophobes latent homosexuals?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Science has proven that the most homophobic are the most likely to be latent homosexuals in wussy denial.

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals
A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes

Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal?
Excerpts:
Putting Freud to the Test
O Really wrote:Well, it's not like us queer-lovers thought up that here on our little forum. It's pretty well settled in psychoanalytic literature. If I had as much irrational disgust for any group as you do, I'd hie myself off to a shrink and find out why and if there's anything to do about it. Carrying all that around can wring the happy right out of life. Unless the group is rednecks, of course, and then total disgust is rational. You don't have to know any personally to know they're a bunch of slimy shit-sacks.

Actually, it's pretty hard to find any explanation set forth by the scientific/medical community … other than that.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Are homophobes latent homosexuals?

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am
That seems to be borne out by political events in the past 20 or so years. There's the case of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens, who voted consistently against gay rights, but was arrested in an airport restroom by an undercover vice squad officer after Stevens solicited him for sex....
I don't recall that with Alaska Senator Ted Stevens and can't find it with a quick search. Are you maybe thinking of homophobic rightwing Repug Idaho Senator Larry Craig?

Sen. Larry Craig "TapThree Times"

:gayhappy: :laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D :thumbup:
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am
... Other notables may include homophobic televangelist Jim Bakker, who later was accused by at least two co-workers of attempting to molest them....
To be fair, marriage to Tammy Faye would make me consider switching teams, too.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

That was worse than the Kim Jong dude's pjs

It burns
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:50 am
That was worse than the Kim Jong dude's pjs

It burns
Sorry.

Happens so often that it's hardly news:
Former Illinois Congressman Aaron Schock Comes Out As Gay

Former Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.) opened up about his sexuality on Instagram Thursday, confirming in a lengthy post that he is gay....

During his time in office, Schock opposed marriage equality and the 2011 repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” which prohibited gay and lesbian people from serving openly in the U.S. military. He also voted against the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which expanded the 1969 federal hate crime law to include victims targeted because of their sexuality and gender identity and was signed into law in 2009....
Atonement will take far more than an Instagram post.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:56 pm
It is certainly possible that self-loathing of behavior and inclinations accounts for some people adopting a militant opposition to their own nature. It seems less likely for people to adopt racist views when they happen to be a member of the targeted race.

However, I recall reading analysis of Hitler, that posited that at least part of his virulent antisemitism stemmed from knowledge that he himself had Jewish ancestry (supposedly his mom had a baby fathered by the family's Jewish doctor).

I think there's a pithy saying about this sort of thing: "We hate most that which we fear in ourselves"...
Good point. Perhaps it's the possibility of concealment that makes the difference, idk. Very few can hide their race but sexual orientation, religion and most heritage can be hidden.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:56 pm
It is certainly possible that self-loathing of behavior and inclinations accounts for some people adopting a militant opposition to their own nature. It seems less likely for people to adopt racist views when they happen to be a member of the targeted race.

However, I recall reading analysis of Hitler, that posited that at least part of his virulent antisemitism stemmed from knowledge that he himself had Jewish ancestry (supposedly his mom had a baby fathered by the family's Jewish doctor).

I think there's a pithy saying about this sort of thing: "We hate most that which we fear in ourselves"...
Good point. Perhaps it's the possibility of concealment that makes the difference, idk. Very few can hide their race but sexual orientation, religion and most heritage can be hidden.

Passing

https://www.topic.com/passing-in-moments