Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Ulysses »

Again, GoCubsGo proves nothing.

I supplied information that proves that I was not the first to mention "cowbell". I provided proof that it was O Really who first mentioned "cowbell", and it was only after more than a day later that I asked about it and mentioned "cowbell".

Then GoCubsGo proceeds to present defective evidence that only confirms that I was not the first to mention "cowbell". Apparently GoCubsGo is as inept at tracking moving objects as the baseball team he champions.

Sad.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Dang this is annoying. I posted a satirical comment comparing daily stock reports to reports on the sun rising and setting. GoCubsGo responded with a gif from Harry Potter of a group applauding. I responded that they didn't have cowbells, alluding to the irritating daily closing ritual at the stock exchange, and added, as a joking reference from SNL, "more cowbell." Gentle humour at best, no further reference to cowbell was required. How and why cowbell even got into this thread I don't know. It was a minor cultural reference meaningful only to SNL fans and good for one small chuckle, if that.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:57 am
Again, GoCubsGo proves nothing.

I supplied information that proves that I was not the first to mention "cowbell". I provided proof that it was O Really who first mentioned "cowbell", and it was only after more than a day later that I asked about it and mentioned "cowbell".

Then GoCubsGo proceeds to present defective evidence that only confirms that I was not the first to mention "cowbell". Apparently GoCubsGo is as inept at tracking moving objects as the baseball team he champions.

Sad.
Where was you being "first" ever part of the equation?

You moving goalposts to claim a non existent and completely meaningless victory is more than a little disturbing.

Ok, you "win".

Move on please.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:03 am
Dang this is annoying. I posted a satirical comment comparing daily stock reports to reports on the sun rising and setting. GoCubsGo responded with a gif from Harry Potter of a group applauding. I responded that they didn't have cowbells, alluding to the irritating daily closing ritual at the stock exchange, and added, as a joking reference from SNL, "more cowbell." Gentle humour at best, no further reference to cowbell was required. How and why cowbell even got into this thread I don't know. It was a minor cultural reference meaningful only to SNL fans and good for one small chuckle, if that.
It should never have been brought up in this thread, because the thread in which the "cowbell" subject was first raised is in a restricted area. I appreciated your joke and responded (I think) in kind. It was Neo that took it to an absurd level (surprise surprise) and tried to make it an issue.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:44 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:57 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:59 pm
OK, so, Neo.

Back up your false accusation with a LINK to me introducing the term "cowbell" into ANY thread here on BRD (other than in reply to your introduction of the term "cowbell").

I'll wait until then.
Very well. Your wait is over. On page 43 of the "what are you all doing for investing in this crisis" in the next to last post on that page you posted "yes, but what does that have to do with cowbell" as your reply to another post which had nothing to do with cowbell. Thus, YOU brought up cowbell there for no apparent reason.
Gad, are you blind?

by O Really » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:18 pm mentions cowbell.

by Ulysses » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 pm mentions cowbell.

Neo loses once again!
No, you lose. My point was that you irrelevantly replied to my post about having written for the past twenty some years on the stock market by posting "what does any of that have to do with cow bells?" I never accused you of INTRODUCING the term, just using it as a show of stupid. I win.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:03 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
OK, so, Neo.

Back up your false accusation with a LINK to me introducing the term "cowbell" into ANY thread here on BRD (other than in reply to your introduction of the term "cowbell").

I'll wait until then.
Very well. Your wait is over. On page 43 of the "what are you all doing for investing in this crisis" in the next to last post on that page you posted "yes, but what does that have to do with cowbell" as your reply to another post which had nothing to do with cowbell. Thus, YOU brought up cowbell there for no apparent reason.
Gad, are you blind?

Neo loses once again!
No, you lose. My point was that you irrelevantly replied to my post about having written for the past twenty some years on the stock market by posting "what does any of that have to do with cow bells?" I never accused you of INTRODUCING the term, just using it as a show of stupid. I win.
Are you really as deranged as you appear?

It was YOU who posted, quote, "And what the fuck does this have to do with cowbell?"

Not I.

YOU.

YOU NEO YOU.

Grow up and get a clue.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:03 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
OK, so, Neo.

I'll wait until then.
Gad, are you blind?

Neo loses once again!
Do I win?
I mentioned cowbells on Friday morning at 8:20 back on November 29, 2019.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:03 pm

Do I win?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:08 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:03 pm

Do I win?
Why, yes you did!

In fact, I found the line: "The fix is easy. First admit that cowbells are artificial noise makers."

Something having to do with football. College. Meh.

Kudos for that.

However since it wasn't in the thread in question, I'd have to submit the award determination to an independent judging agency. Might be a wash.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:06 pm
It's not over yet.

Hang on to your masks.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:46 pm

It's not over yet.

Hang on to your masks.

My sister tested positive today with symptoms. Ate inside at a restaurant for the first time in two years on Tuesday, not likely she caught it anywhere else.

The family was supposed to get together this evening, guess I'm glad her symptoms presented when they did.

It's not over.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Sorry to hear of your sister's covid infection. Let's hope it's mild and she has a full recovery.

Aside from a couple of days last month, most everyone around here is still wearing masks in stores etc. I haven't been in a restaurant since the pandemic started, so don't know about that. I imagine one has to remove the mask to eat, right? The temp solution was to move all tables/chairs etc outside, I suppose.

This is an area with low covid infection rates. I have some home test kits as well as having been tested multiple times last year; I have never tested pos for covid.

Truth be told, I hate wearing the damn mask; fogs up my glasses. But I guess that's better than getting covid.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:06 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

It's not over yet.

Hang on to your masks.

My sister tested positive today with symptoms. Ate inside at a restaurant for the first time in two years on Tuesday, not likely she caught it anywhere else.

The family was supposed to get together this evening, guess I'm glad her symptoms presented when they did.

It's not over.
Nope, not over yet, although a lot of people are trying to pretend so. Best wishes for a quick recovery for your sister.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Thx.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm
Nope, not over yet, although a lot of people are trying to pretend so. Best wishes for a quick recovery for your sister.
Ditto.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

It's not over yet.

Hang on to your masks.

It's not over.
Damn. Hope she has a mild case.

I ate inside for the 1st time a month ago. It wasn't really enjoyable.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yes, I also hope her case does not progress to worse. Best wishes to her.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:44 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

It's not over.
I ate inside for the 1st time a month ago. It wasn't really enjoyable.
I ate out indoors last August, during that blissful 2 weeks or so when we thought that 2 shots were sufficient protection. Opps and whew.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

And still many of the cucks over on LNF think the covid vaccines are a scam.

I suppose they, being habitual scammers, should know, eh what?

O Really
Admiral

I'll go in to pick up an order. Or sit outdoors if it's not very crowded. No inside sit-down dining for us for over two years. Last indoor entertainment would have been Cirque du Soleil in February 2020. If that was to be the last for several years, it was a good one to end on. During that same time, we had tickets for a local theatre production that we did not use.