Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 am
Future criminal defendants in court will be grateful to Trump for setting the standard for the soon to be famous "Sarcasm Defense" ...
if only Julius and Ethel had known
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:17 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Yes, Satan and the fools who are influenced by him are going to fail.
And, of course, Trump==Satan...
Nah, demons of little lulu's foolish influence are a better fit.

Whack9
Commander

Re: The greatest cuppa covfefe in the history of covfefe, ever!!!

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 am

I may break down and send this to the sisters. They would never forgive me.
Actually, assuming that your sisters are at least as bright as their brother and not dimbulbs, I'd be interested in what they thought about Trump's "injection" comments. Assuming they didn't believe him literally, did they find it an appropriate/helpful/harmful thing to say? What about even if he clearly "didn't mean it" but large numbers of the public believed him and started looking into injecting disinfectant? Was it poor judgement at the time? Can they manage to say something at all critical of the president*? If not, delete the first sentence, above. ;)
I did some social media sleuthing. Basically, people will say:

1) Technically he is correct, as things like chemotherapy can be considered a disinfectant of sorts.
2) There's research and evidence of UV light therapy useful for ending viral infections.
3) He was brainstorming
4) He never technically said we should all inject ourselves with disinfectants. He was simply shooting up the pros with ideas, hoping they'd get hooked.

They'll split hairs until they've reached the subatomic level.

All of these excuses got blown to shit when Trump said he was being sarcastic.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 am

I may break down and send this to the sisters. They would never forgive me.
Actually, assuming that your sisters are at least as bright as their brother and not dimbulbs, I'd be interested in what they thought about Trump's "injection" comments. Assuming they didn't believe him literally, did they find it an appropriate/helpful/harmful thing to say? What about even if he clearly "didn't mean it" but large numbers of the public believed him and started looking into injecting disinfectant? Was it poor judgement at the time? Can they manage to say something at all critical of the president*? If not, delete the first sentence, above. ;)

1) Technically he is correct, as things like chemotherapy can be considered a disinfectant of sorts.
2) There's research and evidence of UV light therapy useful for ending viral infections.
3) He was brainstorming
4) He never technically said we should all inject ourselves with disinfectants. He was simply shooting up the pros with ideas, hoping they'd get hooked.

They'll split hairs until they've reached the subatomic level.

All of these excuses got blown to shit when Trump said he was being sarcastic.
Pay attention, nothing is blown up ever.

They were being sarcastic when they said:
3) He was brainstorming
4) He never technically said we should all inject ourselves with disinfectants. He was simply shooting up the pros with ideas, hoping they'd get hooked

You see, there was/is no problem. Nothing blew up.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:

3) He was brainstorming

OK, let's say any or all of those are true. Is it still not really poor judgement to be "brainstorming" or "shooting up the pros with ideas" at what is supposed to be a national briefing on a pandemic? Would it not be expected by any normal person that such remarks could and probably would be widely misunderstood? And having said something widely misunderstood, would not any normal person issue a plausible explanation or an "opps"? I'm just trying to find some point at which the cultists might say, "he's my man, but (something) was not a good thing..." I have no problem personally finding issues to criticize for for any Dem President or candidate I've ever voted for.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 pm
Whack9 wrote:

3) He was brainstorming

OK, let's say any or all of those are true. Is it still not really poor judgement to be "brainstorming" or "shooting up the pros with ideas" at what is supposed to be a national briefing on a pandemic? Would it not be expected by any normal person that such remarks could and probably would be widely misunderstood? And having said something widely misunderstood, would not any normal person issue a plausible explanation or an "opps"? I'm just trying to find some point at which the cultists might say, "he's my man, but (something) was not a good thing..." I have no problem personally finding issues to criticize for for any Dem President or candidate I've ever voted for.
Not only that, is it really appropriate for the President to be "sarcastic" during these briefings? Ok, some joking is alright. I understand this and it's human nature to want to lighten the mood here and there. But there's an art to being funny and sarcastic and Trump completely failed at it. It's obvious it was a cop out.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 pm
Whack9 wrote:

3) He was brainstorming

I agree, but with trump and the cultists, it just doesn't work that way. Cultists like the cat fan conflate trump with their religious and or moral beliefs and thus by that very fact, they cannot criticize or find fault in any way with the cult leader. Should they do so, they would in effect be questioning their very core convictions, and this is something they and all other cult members will never do. They will all kill themselves before questioning or expressing doubt in the cult leader. Or failing that, they will seize on any little factoid or rumor that will serve them in the attempt to reflect blame or responsibility from the cult leader to any convenient anti cult figure that presents itself; the cult leader himself does this and demonstrates it for the cult members.....nothing is EVER trump's fault; it's always something else; the media, Democrats, the deep state, the "never trumpers" or China. Or Little Lulu. Or Rahm Emanuel. Cultists will ALWAYS flail rather than fail.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 am
... They will all kill themselves before questioning or expressing doubt in the cult leader....
Literally with CV-19 exposure or the fake treatments for the disease.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:30 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 am
... They will all kill themselves before questioning or expressing doubt in the cult leader....
Literally with CV-19 exposure or the fake treatments for the disease.
More likely their actions will spread the virus indiscriminately and often intentionally (see deodorant licker and numerous others trying to spread the virus)

Now that the virus has a strong foothold is the worst time to reopen and expose people to more intentional and unintentional virus spreaders.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Love the guy who gets passersby to cough in his conspiracy believing face.

Edit: I may be off a word or 2, but someone said,
"I love his broad shoulders because he is carrying the weight of the world"

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Was that in California?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 am
These people are too stupid to live anyways.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:37 pm
Here's Cody

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/hea ... f3934.html

I notice too that the same escambia county that closed all beaches to everyone is still running countywide bus service - including to Pensacola Beach.

Okay, we closed all beaches (better to crowd hotels, bars and restaurants than the big open beach) because it was easier than making reasonable plans. Now, after a month to plan how to reopen the beaches to the public, they have figured out yet another way to make things worse. We are going to address all the pent up beach demand by opening the beach for 4 hours a day.

Ain't it great to have bankers and developers in charge of local government.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:13 am
Was that in California?

Go lick something
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:26 am
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 am
These people are too stupid to live anyways.
You shouldn't say that about enlightened Californians.

O Really
Admiral

We've had a few pre-fabricated "protests" around here, interestingly enough not generally including those who actually use beach access the most - surfers and fishermen. But when they announced some limited re-opening, a poll showed 80% support for continuing to keep access closed longer; 15% for "maybe" and only 5% to open up.

The beaches are huge, and there's probably some argument for saying it's better to allow access and regulate use than to close them off, but the idiot protesters are off on their "rights" and "oppression" and "tyranny" tangental herrings. Don't these people ever ask a real lawyer before they demonstrate their ignorance?

A good thing about California compared to a lot of other places is that crazies are tolerated, but they don't get to run the place.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I think they get all of their legal advice from YouTube.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:22 am
I think they get all of their legal advice from YouTube.
If that, even.
The protest groups also have a very limited concept of the "Freedom of Assembly" part of the First Amendment, too. There's only one cure for any of the ills we all have now. "Vote him away, vote him away, vote him away, vote him away..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylfuFmLK3cY