What are you watching?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: What are you watching?

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:58 am
You know, and I don't mean to be a party pooper, but part of the point of my wanting to take the van out on the road is to get away from TV/Internet/pop culture/etc.

Maybe I never grew out of my hippie phase.
So instead of talking about it ad nauseam why don't you just go and go tomorrow.

You have zero excuse not to.

Have fun and we'll talk to you on Monday and you can regale us with your adventures in the wilderness while making a chocolate cake.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:54 am
Ulysses wrote:
You know, and I don't mean to be a party pooper, but part of the point of my wanting to take the van out on the road is to get away from TV/Internet/pop culture/etc.

So instead of talking about it ad nauseam why don't you just go and go tomorrow.

Have fun and we'll talk to you on Monday and you can regale us with your adventures in the wilderness while making a chocolate cake.
Shit, he "grew out of (his) hippie phase" when he stopped smoking pot and lost his hair. So now he's in his hopeless phase. Me, I've enjoyed the hell out of my primary and secondary hippie phases and am currently enjoying my tertiary hippie phase. Just last night I arranged to cop some mushrooms along with an assortment of aromatic buds. And I know how to work both those things. :thumbup: I just wish the mushrooms tasted more like beef filet than strips of cardboard. But as I noted, I know how to work this.....just keep chewing and wash it down with some cold beer, sit back, and wait for the magic.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:58 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Shit, he "grew out of (his) hippie phase" when he stopped smoking pot and lost his hair. So now he's in his hopeless phase. Me, I've enjoyed the hell out of my primary and secondary hippie phases and am currently enjoying my tertiary hippie phase. Just last night I arranged to cop some mushrooms along with an assortment of aromatic buds. And I know how to work both those things. :thumbup: I just wish the mushrooms tasted more like beef filet than strips of cardboard. But as I noted, I know how to work this.....just keep chewing and wash it down with some cold beer, sit back, and wait for the magic.
peanut butter helps.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:10 am
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

peanut butter helps.
That's the same thing my guy told me. I'd rather chew it neat because I really hate peanut butter. I might try eating an orange or something or maybe just a small dab of toothpaste. Or a lemon. I may even come up with some psychedelic lemon orange toothpaste before it's over.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Talking about "special":
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:12 am
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Actually, and it runs in the family, I'm one of the lucky septagenarians who still has a full head of hair. I can thank my Ukrainian ancestors for that. Full beard, too.

I could go into more detail of how, when, and why I stopped smoking pot. Shrooms, acid, you name it. I tried it. What can you expect from a kid who cruised the Haight before, during, and after the hippies invaded?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, you've evidently made your bed. But me, I'm no quitter.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:29 am
( :crybaby: )
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am
:thumbup: Reality is for pussies that can't handle drugs.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:32 am
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am
:thumbup: Reality is for pussies that can't handle drugs.
At least we've so far been spared the "why, when, and how" he cashed in. None of that matters out here where the rubber meets the road.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

WAtching this tonight. Haven't seen it in many years. It's a great flick. Shown non-stop with no commercials.

Saturday, April 23
8:00 pm
KQED 9
Saturday Night Movie
Cabaret
2 hour 3 min
In Berlin in 1931, American cabaret singer Sally Bowles (Liza Minnelli) meets British academic Brian Roberts (Michael York), who is finishing his university studies.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"I saw a film the other day about syphilis. Ugh. It was too awful. I couldn't let a man touch me for a week. Is it true you can get it from kissing?"

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Actually, and it runs in the family, I'm one of the lucky septagenarians who still has a full head of hair. I can thank my Ukrainian ancestors for that. Full beard, too.

I could go into more detail of how, when, and why I stopped smoking pot. Shrooms, acid, you name it. I tried it. What can you expect from a kid who cruised the Haight before, during, and after the hippies invaded?
(For preservation purposes only)

But I do like the part where he tells of cruising the Haight before, during, and after the hippies invaded.

We should learn from these elder ...
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

😂
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 am
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

(For preservation purposes only)

But I do like the part where he tells of cruising the Haight before, during, and after the hippies invaded.

We should learn from these elder ...
Nah, I doubt anyone here is in learning mode. Well, maybe Whack.

BTW, I decided to take you off ignore. We'll see how long that lasts.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:40 am

Useless is a fickle bitch.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:22 am
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:40 am

Useless is a fickle bitch.
Not for long.
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:54 am
OK, that does it.

Billy going back on full ignore.

Fuck
Lucky Billy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:27 am
Ulysses wrote:
OK, that does it.

Fuck
Lucky Billy.
The Useless moron still thinks that it somehow punishes us. One only uses 'foe' for their own needs, not for what it does to others. Idk why he struggles so with this very simple concept.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:36 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
OK, that does it.

Fuck
Lucky Billy.
The Useless moron still thinks that it somehow punishes us. One only uses 'foe' for their own needs, not for what it does to others. Idk why he struggles so with this very simple concept.
Did you momentarily forget who you were writing about?

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Lucky Billy.
Well, you could always resign your moderator status.