What are you watching?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: What are you watching?

Unread post by Ulysses »

Watching the noon news.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Any word on the five year koi posse? Or how many murderous illegal aliens have registered to vote?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:02 pm
Watching the noon news.
Are you recording it?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
(post: childish gibberish)
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:35 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Watching the noon news.
Are you recording it?
Burning it to DVD, gotta save those weather reports for posterity.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:00 pm
Agreed. But I really want Mike and Maryanne gone. They're like from ngernails on n a blackboard - if there's anybody who remembers what a blackboard is.
Maryanne could be dragged along as a goat if no one kills her first.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: What are you watching? Not the History bs Channel

https://www.al.com/news/2022/04/controv ... atner.html

The issue between UAB professor Sarah Parcak arose when Shatner tweeted about his History Channel show “The UnXplained” and the episode “Mysterious Ancient Ruins.”

“'Ancient ruins fascinate us. Some archaeological finds are so baffling that they challenge everything we know about the past. Will we ever learn the truth about these mysterious ruins? Or will they continue to present more questions than answers?” Shatner wrote."

"The tweet prompted questioning responses from several archaeologists, including Parcak who invited Shatner to send her a direct message to “engage if you are interested in learning why the premise of the show is problematic.”

Parcak later added some additional tweets."

And Shatner replied as any 7th grader with his feelies hurt would.

“'For a “supposed” archaeologist (who didn’t get a gig on my show by your own admissions and the fact you are upset); you do not have any idea of etymology which is really puzzling. “Butt hurt” has its roots in punishment such as spanking a child not homosexuality dear,” Shatner wrote today.

It is unclear what Shatner is referring to in the “Butt hurt” comment but fellow academics were quick to defend Parcak."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Agreed. But I really want Mike and Maryanne gone. They're like from [fi]ngernails on n a blackboard - if there's anybody who remembers what a blackboard is.
Most black boards made after WWII are not black. They are green.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: What are you watching? Not the History bs Channel

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:08 pm
https://www.al.com/news/2022/04/controv ... atner.html

The issue between UAB professor Sarah Parcak arose when Shatner tweeted about his History Channel show “The UnXplained” and the episode “Mysterious Ancient Ruins.” ...
Why is Bachelor of Commerce grad Shatner even engaging with archaeologist critics? He doesn't do the research or write the copy, he just reads a script.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Agreed. But I really want Mike and Maryanne gone. They're like from ngernails on n a blackboard - if there's anybody who remembers what a blackboard is.
I do, but I'm stumped by "ngernails". :P
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:20 pm
Most black boards [sic] made after WWII are not black. They are green.
:wtf: Irrelevant common knowledge. At least O Really knows how to spell "blackboard". These are "black boards":

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:28 pm

Opps. Dam autocorrect. There was not supposed to be a "from" either. Should have read "...like fingernails..."

Not that its apropos to the purpose of referencing fingernails on a slate-like wall-mounted writing space, but I don't recall anybody ever actually calling them "greenboards" even after they were all green. Sorta like people still "rolling down" the window in their car decades after there were no window handles.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:20 pm
Most black boards [sic] made after WWII are not black. They are green.
:wtf: Irrelevant common knowledge. At least O Really knows how to spell "blackboard". These are "black boards":

Black boards are actually called black boards and are actually black.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Opps. Dam autocorrect. There was not supposed to be a "from" either. Should have read "...like fingernails..."

Not that its apropos to the purpose of referencing fingernails on a slate-like wall-mounted writing space, but I don't recall anybody ever actually calling them "greenboards" even after they were all green. Sorta like people still "rolling down" the window in their car decades after there were no window handles.
Of course nobody calls them "green boards". That would be silly.

So maybe neonazis will start calling them that. IDK.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Don't think you're getting your Mike wish anytime soon.

They seem to be toning down the dumb.

Winners edit?

O Really
Admiral

Don't know why they'd keep Mike after the merge. But yeah, he's getting the good light.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:54 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Of course nobody calls them "green boards". That would be silly.

So maybe neonazis will start calling them that. IDK.
Pretty much everyone who paints boards green would call them green boards, same as people who paint boards black will call black boards black boards. To do otherwise would be stupid and useless.

Now chalkboards are a different matter. Pretty much regardless of color, they are usually called chalkboards or blackboards.

O Really
Admiral

I think they had to stop calling them "blackboards" because some time in the past they always made the Black kids take out the erasers for dusting.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:51 am
I think they had to stop calling them "blackboards" because some time in the past they always made the Black kids take out the erasers for dusting.
I have never heard of that.

Although I do remember clapping erasers outside as being a sort of punishment for misbehavior.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:24 am
Don't know why they'd keep Mike after the merge. But yeah, he's getting the good light.
Best man sweater ever.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

You know, and I don't mean to be a party pooper, but part of the point of my wanting to take the van out on the road is to get away from TV/Internet/pop culture/etc.

Maybe I never grew out of my hippie phase.