What are you watching?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: What are you watching?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The clock.
Court tv.
The status of my stash.
trump's daily raccoon eyed juvenile rants.
Various old movies; Young Guns, the first John Wick, Apocalypse Now

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Fargo some time ago, waiting for the new season if it happens
I don't do zombies
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Saul's is on the to do list

Lost interest in Vikings after a few seasons
Shameless UK
Mandalorian
Contagion
Broad church
Hinterland
Stranger Things
Man in the High Castle
Some crazy swedish series about Vikings being transported to modern times - it was pretty good
The General - just because I do occasionally
6 episodes of Mary Hartman Mary Hartman
7 of Soap

But after watching Rectify, I'm giving the tv a rest for a few days. Any liberal who has ever even smiled about a prisoner being raped and anyone who wants a glimpse at the terror left with the victim of a rape should watch this show.

The Durrells in Corfu

And then there's Don't Fuck with Cats on Netflix - I highly recommend it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:50 am
The clock.
Court tv.
The status of my stash.
Please, no court tv
Stash is important. The dispensary dropped off yesterday.
Please, no trump
Love old movies - just watched my all time favorite cowboy movie - Once Upon a Time in the West. I never much cared for Bronson, but there's Fonda and even Jack Elam, although he didn't last long.
Deer Hunter
Next time the wife out, it may be time for another watch of Apocalypse Now
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am
neoplacebo wrote:
The clock.
Court tv.
The status of my stash.
Please, no court tv
Please, no trump
Love old movies - just watched my all time favorite cowboy movie - Once Upon a Time in the West. I never much cared for Bronson, but there's Fonda and even Jack Elam, although he didn't last long.
Deer Hunter
In my defense, I've only watched two of trump's daily clown shows and lie fests. That was enough. And some of the court tv stuff is quite funny in the sense of seeing how incredibly stupid some criminals are.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The clock.
Court tv.
The status of my stash.
Please, no court tv
Please, no trump
Deer Hunter
In my defense, I've only watched two of trump's daily clown shows and lie fests. That was enough. And some of the court tv stuff is quite funny in the sense of seeing how incredibly stupid some criminals are.
We all have our boob tube shows, you were brave enough to name yours.

I have found amazing amounts of time by cutting out any and all tv news.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:14 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The clock.
Court tv.
The status of my stash.
Please, no court tv
Please, no trump
Deer Hunter
We all have our boob tube shows, you were brave enough to name yours.

I have found amazing amounts of time by cutting out any and all tv news.
I generally only watch the ABC and CBS nightly news and maybe a few old series on METV like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Andy Griffin show.....total of maybe ten hours a week. Just seem to be doing more of it lately instead of going out.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Nothing much different from what we usually watch during a week, except no sports of course. Don't watch much during the afternoon unless its a movie. Local news, CBS national, using the mute button any time Trump is on. Enjoy ID shows. Last night watched "Winchester" film. Sucked.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am
... Enjoy ID shows....
:?:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am
... Enjoy ID shows....
:?:
Investigation Discovery
https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/

Channel 192 on DISH. Also on a lot of cables.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 am
Recently recorded "1984" with John Hurt. Kind of difficult to watch, though, what with the torture scenes and all. Perhaps the only movie I've recorded when the commercial breaks are welcome. If Hurt didn't get an Oscar for that, he should have.
I saw it long ago and, at the time, didn't think it did credit to the book. Maybe I'll try it again if I can find it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am
Investigation Discovery
https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/

Channel 192 on DISH. Also on a lot of cables.
:doh: I don't watch much on it. For some reason I'm more interested in fictional crime than irl crime.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
What? Mental health for being shut in? My mental health was bad before. Now with two weeks of watching Yosemite Sam try to throttle the road runner I have lost it.
:D That may have begun the moment that you saw Yosemite Sam and the Road Runner in the same toon.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am

Well, that year came and went without me making good on that prediction.

So sue me.
Mick Jagger once said, "well I certainly hope I'm not still singing 'Satisfaction' when I'm 40" :lol:
And the Who changed their minds about "...hope I die before I get old."

O Really
Admiral

Really interesting show on Kelly/Ryan Live today. Not so much the content, but I was amazed at what an amateurish set-up they created for remote broadcast. Kelly was doing her part from a storage closet and the sound was so bad it was just echoing all over. Ryan's sound was better, but he was in his kitchen instead of the studio (I think) he has in his house. Camera angles weren't up to usual YouTube standards, and the shot coordination was off. The local news people on home remote are doing it much better.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 pm
Really interesting show on Kelly/Ryan Live today. Not so much the content, but I was amazed at what an amateurish set-up they created for remote broadcast. Kelly was doing her part from a storage closet and the sound was so bad it was just echoing all over. Ryan's sound was better, but he was in his kitchen instead of the studio (I think) he has in his house. Camera angles weren't up to usual YouTube standards, and the shot coordination was off. The local news people on home remote are doing it much better.
Fucking bunch of amateurs. They should have a guy in the bathroom (with the toilet paper), a guy in the parking lot, two guys on the roof. Those fools need a pro like me to produce their lame ass show.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Well, I think the TV community has taken this all a bit too far.

There's no reason why a TV studio can not be sanitized sufficiently that these shows can safely be hosted. Especially since moving the camera/sound/direction crews to the TV personalities' homes probably potentially transmits more viral load than just keeping it in the place where the shows were intended to be created - minus studio audience if any.
Local TV news is still running a studio broadcast, with an anchor sitting on each end of a long desk usually shared by 3 or 4. But the weather chick and sports guy are doing their part from away. I don't think they're taking the camera/sound people along, though. They're all just using their phones. Still, the sound and pic turns out pretty well. Don't know why Kelly/Ryan was so technically awful.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:47 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Well, I think the TV community has taken this all a bit too far.

There's no reason why a TV studio can not be sanitized sufficiently that these shows can safely be hosted. Especially since moving the camera/sound/direction crews to the TV personalities' homes probably potentially transmits more viral load than just keeping it in the place where the shows were intended to be created - minus studio audience if any.
Local TV news is still running a studio broadcast, with an anchor sitting on each end of a long desk usually shared by 3 or 4. But the weather chick and sports guy are doing their part from away. I don't think they're taking the camera/sound people along, though. They're all just using their phones. Still, the sound and pic turns out pretty well. Don't know why Kelly/Ryan was so technically awful.
Maybe just a spur of the moment decision. They'll get their crap together.

Do you have dish Network in your urban assault vehicle?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:04 pm

We do, along with our own internet, Netflix, Roku. And a good on-air antenna and cable connections. 55" flatscreen, plus enough other TV's to look like a sports bar (if there were any sports), surround-sound, satellite radio built-in, DVD, usb connections, and unfortunately a basket full of remotes to run all that gear. Some work multiple units, but nothing will run it all. I know, first world problems :lol:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:22 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:04 pm

We do, along with our own internet, Netflix, Roku. And a good on-air antenna and cable connections. 55" flatscreen, plus enough other TV's to look like a sports bar (if there were any sports), surround-sound, satellite radio built-in, DVD, usb connections, and unfortunately a basket full of remotes to run all that gear. Some work multiple units, but nothing will run it all. I know, first world problems :lol:
Impressive, you're loaded for bear and better wired than my house (ok, but the same).
Is your dish gimbaled and GPS 'd?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Impressive, you're loaded for bear and better wired than my house (ok, but the same).
Is your dish gimbaled and GPS 'd?
Well, I had to look up "gimbaled" but no.They do make a dish that works in motion, but I don't have one. The TV in the front doesn't work when the ignition switch is on, and the main TV is partially blocked when the slides are in. But it's pretty cool the way it does work. Whenever you park, the dish automatically does a satellite search and locks in. You just have to make sure you don't park too close under a tree or, particularly in northern areas too close to a tall southwest hill. Then you take out your DISH phone app, DISH finds you and sets local channels for wherever you are. Change as often as you like. Every day if that's how much you're traveling. On Demand, etc works just like on a home set-up. It's not really supposed to work in Canada, but we can get it set to local Seattle and it's good for about 150 miles, well past Vancouver. It doesn't particularly like rain, but it's usually watchable.